...except on BlackBerry. It's been made available for Mac and Windows. I really like OneNote and its integration into Office, but haven't been able to really use it due to no support for BlackBerry 10. Instead I've had to use Evernote which, while far from bad, just isn't as rich as OneNote.

See the OneNote blog for details. Looks like a good step forward. I wonder if the recent SkyDrive app might be a precursor to BB10 gaining OneNote support...
    03-17-14 04:36 PM
    If we could get the full MS office mobile package that would be awesome.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    artie likes this.
    03-17-14 04:46 PM
    If we could get the full MS office mobile package that would be awesome.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Yo, but not even the ipad is having it.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 05:31 PM
    BlackBerry really needs OneNote( I do )
    03-17-14 05:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    So? I'm hoping Chen is true to his word about software and convinces Microsoft. Even if we need to pay for the apps. I'd buy.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    03-17-14 05:56 PM
    Ditto.

arTie's berry "Q10"
    03-17-14 06:47 PM
    Agreed. I'd pay for it. The platform silos are just silly. Major software such as Office should be cross-platform, so the user can use the device of choice.
    03-17-14 09:57 PM
    I've tried to grab it from Google Play but it just hangs on the loading screen. Balls. I hope this comes to BB10 soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 10:33 PM
    I'm sure the Android version will eventually work.
    03-18-14 06:45 PM
    Blackberry really should get this. Or use the API and build it into Remember

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 07:10 PM
    It seems that Microsoft is conceding defeat in Mobile and they're adopting iOS and Android as distribution platforms for their services.
    Microsoft scheduled an event on March 27, hosted by the CEO, and It's not only to announce Office for iPad (before the Office for Surface), there are rumors of more things that implies a change of strategy.
    The stock jumped 4% today.

It wouldn't be good for BlackBerry if MS gives to iOS and Android the same status than Windows in the enterprise.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-18-14 08:26 PM
    I sent the Onenote guys an email a couple of week back. Still no reply
    03-18-14 08:51 PM
    Agreed. I'd pay for it. The platform silos are just silly. Major software such as Office should be cross-platform, so the user can use the device of choice.
    You fail to understand Microsoft is an operating systems company that sells applications to drive sales of its operating systems. You're correct in saying Microsoft should focus on bringing their applications to the operating systems of other companies. For better or worse Microsoft Office has become the de facto standard. BlackBerry could have brought a complete office productivity suite to BlackBerry 10 smartphones; Docs 2 Go is a joke.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-18-14 09:05 PM
    It seems that Microsoft is conceding defeat in Mobile and they're adopting iOS and Android as distribution platforms for their services.
    Microsoft scheduled an event on March 27, hosted by the CEO, and It's not only to announce Office for iPad (before the Office for Surface), there are rumors of more things that implies a change of strategy.

It wouldn't be good for BlackBerry if MS gives to iOS and Android the same status than Windows in the enterprise.
    I doubt it means conceding defeat but realizing that they can profit by selling their software on all platforms. All MS programs should be free on their own mobile devices however.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-18-14 09:21 PM
    They always knew that they could profit by selling software on other platforms. But they were using their assets to give an advantage to their OS. Not anymore, now the services are more important than Windows.

By the way, one note expose their APIs, so any developer could write a one note app for BlackBerry.
    03-18-14 09:41 PM
    They always knew that they could profit by selling software on other platforms. But they were using their assets to give an advantage to their OS. Not anymore, now the services are more important than Windows.

By the way, one note expose their APIs, so any developer could write a one note app for BlackBerry.
    Interesting. So we could see a app soon enough. I know that a native MS lync app just released.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-18-14 09:43 PM

Am I hallucinating... I think I am reading that right. Are YOU hallucinating?

OneNote has been in Microsoft's Mobile platforms since forever. Windows Mobile had OneNote Mobile in it... Microsoft Office is widely used, and now, their Web Services are widely used as well. OneNote is one component of Office that was still tied only to Windows and it's the one component of Office that really needs to be as "free" as possible to offer maximum value, cause Web Apps and Mobile (including Metro) Apps simply cannot do a lot of what Native Desktop Apps can accomplish.

The Office division in Microsoft operates independent of the Windows Phone division. They make their own decisions.

This is no different than Google using iOS to push their services, or pushing improvements to their apps (Gmail, Maps, Hangouts, etc.) to iOS several months before even Android users on the latest Stock Google FW get those app updates. When you develop services and apps targeted at the ENTIRE MARKET you cannot paint yourself into a corner simply because you have your own platform. That's what happened with Blackberry and BBM, and they lost big because they kept it to themselves for far too long.

The Office team is doing what they need to do to rope in users. This has nothing to do with them conceding defeat. Windows Phone is set up in such a way that users on that platform become users of those products almost by default. All of those products are already built (Office, OneDrive, OneNote, Bing, Internet Explorer, etc.) and you cannot change the defaults for pretty much anything except the Camera App.

This is about offering Office users (who do use other platforms) a better experience for using this type of app/service. They are serving their customers.
    03-18-14 09:46 PM
    I doubt it means conceding defeat but realizing that they can profit by selling their software on all platforms. All MS programs should be free on their own mobile devices however.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Correct. OneNote has been there since the beginning. It was a nice selling point for Windows Phone back in 2010, when no other platform had it.

I don't know how other people use Evernote, but as a full Note Taking solution it's quite a fail compared to OneNote. It will be interesting how Onenote further develops moving forwards.

Hoping for S Pen support for Android soon, and a dedicated Tablet Interface (may get me to finally buy a Tablet :-P ).

If you want the best Mobile Office Productivity, get a Surface Tablet.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    03-18-14 09:53 PM
    Am I hallucinating... I think I am reading that right. Are YOU hallucinating?

OneNote has been in Microsoft's Mobile platforms since forever. Windows Mobile had OneNote Mobile in it... Microsoft Office is widely used, and now, their Web Services are widely used as well. OneNote is one component of Office that was still tied only to Windows and it's the one component of Office that really needs to be as "free" as possible to offer maximum value, cause Web Apps and Mobile (including Metro) Apps simply cannot do a lot of what Native Desktop Apps can accomplish.

The Office division in Microsoft operates independent of the Windows Phone division. They make their own decisions.

This is no different than Google using iOS to push their services, or pushing improvements to their apps (Gmail, Maps, Hangouts, etc.) to iOS several months before even Android users on the latest Stock Google FW get those app updates. When you develop services and apps targeted at the ENTIRE MARKET you cannot paint yourself into a corner simply because you have your own platform. That's what happened with Blackberry and BBM, and they lost big because they kept it to themselves for far too long.

The Office team is doing what they need to do to rope in users. This has nothing to do with them conceding defeat. Windows Phone is set up in such a way that users on that platform become users of those products almost by default. All of those products are already built (Office, OneDrive, OneNote, Bing, Internet Explorer, etc.) and you cannot change the defaults for pretty much anything except the Camera App.

This is about offering Office users (who do use other platforms) a better experience for using this type of app/service. They are serving their customers.
    That wasn't the strategy 6 months ago, according to "sources". Even if Office for iPad was ready they had to release Office for Surface first.

Google has a different strategy with Windows. The only service that they have on Windows 8 and Windows Phone is Search. They don't have YouTube, Maps, Gmail, Google+, etc. There are 150m-200m of users of Windows 8 and WP8 combined, so there is no excuse.
    Apple doesn't use that strategy either, all their services only work on their own devices.

So, this change of strategy is not obvious at all, and It comes from a the sad (I guess) realization that It's too late for Windows in mobile, It's impossible to get a dominant position or even a decent market share.

So the biggest software company in the world, that has huge assets in the enterprise market, is operating in all its divisions as if there are 3 worthy platforms, what about BlackBerry?
    03-18-14 11:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Latest has it's coming for iPad by the end of the month. Of course,...it's been "coming" for going on three years.
    03-19-14 12:53 AM
    That wasn't the strategy 6 months ago, according to "sources". Even if Office for iPad was ready they had to release Office for Surface first.

Google has a different strategy with Windows. The only service that they have on Windows 8 and Windows Phone is Search. They don't have YouTube, Maps, Gmail, Google+, etc. There are 150m-200m of users of Windows 8 and WP8 combined, so there is no excuse.
    Apple doesn't use that strategy either, all their services only work on their own devices.

So, this change of strategy is not obvious at all, and It comes from a the sad (I guess) realization that It's too late for Windows in mobile, It's impossible to get a dominant position or even a decent market share.

So the biggest software company in the world, that has huge assets in the enterprise market, is operating in all its divisions as if there are 3 worthy platforms, what about BlackBerry?
    There is no "Office for Surface."

Office on the Surface Tablets is a full Desktop Office Suite. Office for iPad is a Mobile Office Suite, like Mobile iWorks, Polaris Office, Documents to Go, QuickOffice, etc.

All they did was port it to ARM for RT Tablets and put it on there. For Surface Pro they didn't even have to do that, as those tablets run a full version of Windows Pro.

Microsoft ALWAYS preloads Office on their own mobile platforms. Like I said, even Windows Mobile had Office Mobile. I'm not sure what your point there is. There is no such thing as "they had to get it on the Surface first" as Microsoft has always preloaded their own office suite on their devices/OSes, the same way Apple is giving away iWorks, Google is Giving away QuickOffice, and Blackberry is giving away Documents to Go.

The change is obvious. Clearly there is huge demand for Office on iPad, and there was huge demand for OneNote on Mac because it was the one big consumer-oriented component of Office that was still stuck to Windows. In order to take full advantage of what OneNote has to offer, you really should have access to the more capable Desktop software.

As for Office on iPad: Office Mobile on non-Microsoft platforms cost $9.99 a month to use (i.e. requires an Office Subscription) so Microsoft makes money there. It's a no-brainer. Surface users don't pay anything to use Office on their tablets and Windows Phone users don't pay anything to use it on their phones.
    03-19-14 10:14 AM
    Agree with the above (re n8ter) and only wish to add that a subscription based office and onenote solution would (possibly) go down well, on Blackberry, given its enterprise adoption. Surely a win win???

And yes, i have the Surface Pro 2 - that is full blown office, not a 365 subscription. At least not in the UK, can't comment on other territories.

Sent from Tapatalk
    03-19-14 01:50 PM
    When I say Office for Surface I mean a Modern UI version optimized for touch that was announced last year.

They're going to announce more cross-platform products. there are rumors of an application framework to develop apps for iOS, Android and Windows with MS tools. That's a big change.
    03-20-14 07:46 AM