I am sitting here in a hire car with three buddies in a hire VW Tiguan on our way to Chamonix to ski. After 10 minutes of them failing to connect an iPhone to the car stereo with Bluetooth, my Z10 did it in seconds and now we are enjoying Adele's dulcet tones. Yay!

...and I had to point out to them that it is an uncompressed BT connection, unlike an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-17-14 07:10 AM
    Iphones have bluetooth?

Posted via CB10
    menshawy, Matty and nick13b like this.
    03-17-14 07:19 AM
    I surprised someone when we has music and voice navigation going to our blue tooth stereo. He was an android user, can they not do that? I was like ya of course my z10 can do that...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 07:27 AM
    I've been in that situation a few times. Most recently at a b-day party, where a few people couldn't connect to bluetooth. I eventually gave it a try and it connected to the stereo right away. No biggy, but it does look bad when simple things like that do not work on the assumed "better" devices.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-17-14 07:37 AM
    Another thing that happens on my bluetooth car stereo is u can see the title and artist when my Z10 is playing. Not able to view the details when we paired it with our Android devices, Samsungs and Huawei.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-17-14 07:45 AM
    They have such an opinion of themselves. The only thing that is better about android and apple is the illusion.
    PatrickMJS, gokulesh and euphemy like this.
    03-17-14 07:51 AM
    I am sitting here in a hire car with three buddies in a hire VW Tiguan on our way to Chamonix to ski. After 10 minutes of them failing to connect an iPhone to the car stereo with Bluetooth, my Z10 did it in seconds and now we are enjoying Adele's dulcet tones. Yay!

...and I had to point out to them that it is an uncompressed BT connection, unlike an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Who cares about bluetooth connections - it is the Chamonix that has me drooling!

Well, almost kidding.............
    03-17-14 09:53 AM
    Last fall I was hiking on Vancouver Island. We were running a bit late. My buddy wanted to call back to the b&b to say we were running late. But no reception on his iphone5. My BlackBerry Z10 had 2 bars of service. So I made the call. Insert excuses for iPhone here.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 10:25 AM
    Iphones have bluetooth?

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha I remembered when I went to a picture printing shop and saw an iPhone users trying to transfer his photos to the shop's computer so they can print it. It took him about 5 minutes or so attaching the cable, setting up the connection software and such.

I turned my Z10's bluetooth and paired it with the computer. 1 minute tops. He's the first one to arrived at the shop but my pictures were printed first.

Posted via CB10
    mav3r1ck likes this.
    03-17-14 10:27 AM
    Last fall I was hiking on Vancouver Island. We were running a bit late. My buddy wanted to call back to the b&b to say we were running late. But no reception on his iphone5. My BlackBerry Z10 had 2 bars of service. So I made the call. Insert excuses for iPhone here.

Posted via CB10
    He was holding it the wrong way. It was his fault.
    03-17-14 10:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not to knock on the Z10 superiority, but your case might have been purely based off of carrier coverage. Rogers/Fido seems to do better on the island than Telus or Bell network and their sub carriers
    03-18-14 12:12 AM
    Not to knock on the Z10 superiority, but your case might have been purely based off of carrier coverage. Rogers/Fido seems to do better on the island than Telus or Bell network and their sub carriers
    Thanks for suggesting an excuse for the iPhone! Actually my Z10 is on Bell and his is on Telus, so relatively comparable coverage on the west coast of Vancouver Island, especially given Telus inherited all the BCTEL infrastructure.

Posted via CB10
    nick13b and tjseaman like this.
    03-18-14 10:12 AM
    Well, there is this android app called Show Box where you can watch movies on your phone or tablet (movies that are out now!). I was at a relatives house and we wanted to watch some new movies from Show Box on a TV and the android phone couldn't connect to the TV via HDMI. I used my adapter, plugged the phone into the TV and WALLAH. They had to stop watching when I left, because I took my phone. LOL
    PatrickMJS and Loc22 like this.
    03-18-14 10:30 AM
    Hm. That's strange. My brother/Mom had no trouble pairing their iPhones with our 2013 VW Beetle Turbo (the Tiguan and Turbo most likely use the same system). Neither did I on my Q10.

One thing that is annoying with their phones is that all their SMS/e-mail notification sounds come in through the stereo in the car. It lowers the volume of the song constantly!

But yes, as said before, it does say a lot when the other person's "better" phone for playing music cannot establish a simple bluetooth connection with a typical car.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    03-18-14 12:35 PM
    BMW also has better conectivity with BlackBerry, i have full features of bmw system with my z10, yet when we tried connectinf ip5s - music over bluetooth sounder terrible. Same was with s4. BlackBerry is supperior in connectivity. I can say the same with my dads Lexus, also full features are available wirh BlackBerry while other brands have inferior quality. I have no idea why, but it is what it is

Car is 420d

Posted via Z10 from Lithuania
    03-18-14 06:36 PM
    QNX, the cars recognize their cousins!

Posted via CB10
    Varun Luthra likes this.
    03-18-14 10:27 PM
    BMW also has better conectivity with BlackBerry, i have full features of bmw system with my z10, yet when we tried connectinf ip5s - music over bluetooth sounder terrible. Same was with s4. BlackBerry is supperior in connectivity. I can say the same with my dads Lexus, also full features are available wirh BlackBerry while other brands have inferior quality. I have no idea why, but it is what it is

Car is 420d

Posted via Z10 from Lithuania

Old thread but was doing some research on my next car purchase and, if true, this answers my question. Thanks for the input. I can just stick with my bb10 because for media consumption such as this, my 5th gen iPod has been a huge pile of stinking dissapoint.
    07-22-14 12:09 AM
    Did you actually check whether the car supports lossless Bluetooth audio?
    07-22-14 01:05 AM
    I have been in two vehicles recently that had USB adaptors into the radio, both times they didn't recognise my BlackBerry but the sons iPhone was playing tunes when plugged in straight away

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 01:26 AM
    Slightly off topic, but I'm curious why you would want to use your phone for music in a car. I get so many free USB drives from corporate gifts to them coming free with stuff you buy. (think this is quite common nowadays?)

Even if you don't get free usb drives on a regular basis like I do, an 8gb drive is just a few bucks now. I practically leave mine plugged into my car permanently. No need to worry about draining battery, no need to plug in car adaptor..

Or is it the case some of you are using services like Spotify?
    07-22-14 02:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    So many factors go into reception. I'm not sure that you can link this to BlackBerry and not the carrier etc.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-22-14 02:39 AM
    I found this crowd sourced Venn diagram

https://mobile.twitter.com/somospost...148096/photo/1
    07-22-14 02:55 AM
    So many factors go into reception. I'm not sure that you can link this to BlackBerry and not the carrier etc.
    You are making a good point there with some potentially really good excuses for the iPhone's lack of performance.... but not in this case: both of us were in the same spot, right beside each other and we both had our phones with the same carrier.

But you'll be happy to know that after another 20 minutes of hiking, and after about 100 meters of elevation gain, my iphone-toting friend finally got a signal... we know the exact moment cuz his phone beeped with an incoming message that had been sent earlier in the day.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 07-22-14 at 10:52 AM. Reason: add second paragraph
    gokulesh likes this.
    07-22-14 09:25 AM
    Slightly off topic, but I'm curious why you would want to use your phone for music in a car. I get so many free USB drives from corporate gifts to them coming free with stuff you buy. (think this is quite common nowadays?)

Even if you don't get free usb drives on a regular basis like I do, an 8gb drive is just a few bucks now. I practically leave mine plugged into my car permanently. No need to worry about draining battery, no need to plug in car adaptor..

Or is it the case some of you are using services like Spotify?
    BB10 made me switch from Spotify to Deezer, at the time the first app did not work (10.2.0)
    07-22-14 10:43 AM
    My current vehicle doesn't have a USB port, and the one that did, didn't have cd player. My current vehicle only has fm and cd, blue tooth is via the parrot for calls only!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 11:27 AM
46 12