I've decided to temporarily go back to Android. While I adore my Z10, battery life is a tad bit too short for my liking. I love my Q even more because of the superb keyboard and battery. I love the hub. I'm sure I'd love the z30!

The only reason I'm downgrading to Android is because of the app situation. Yes, I have Snap. Yes, I can sideload. Apps from these sources rarely work as intended and frustrate me more than I enjoy them. Most of my friends are young and have all the latest and greatest apps, apps that provide a sub par performance when downloaded to my BB10 devices. I miss out on a whole lot of interactions because I don't get notified of Snaps, or messages on Kik. My friends ignore BBM because they aren't used to it no matter how much I bug them on it. I love BlackBerry, believe me, but I'm spread out over five devices in order to stay connected with people. (Google Chromebook, slow Samsung Tablet, iPod, and my main BB Q10. I use a Windows 8 pc for sideloading and leaks.) I use a lot of google's services despite the privacy risk.

Blackberry has created an amazing OS and phenomenal devices. Despite this, I have to demote my Q to email and business instead of being my main device in order to stay fully connected with my app-serious peers. Once android runtime gets a massive update (or big app developers flock to BlackBerry World) I'll definitely be back to a full time BB user! I'm certainly not going to pass up the Q20 or the next flagship.

I'm rooting for this company to make a great comeback someday soon, and for this to happen in the handset division quality apps are important for devices. App integration in the hub needs to be improved. A large portion of apps also available on other platforms are more feature rich and outshine the bb10 versions. Oddly, this doesn't seem as if it's an issue to a lot of people here or in the company. Yes, there's much more to worry about. Still, this situation should not be ignored. It shouldn't be up to blackberry users to fix this. We should have as many options as iOS and Android without taking a bit hit to quality for quantity. That's not to say quantity should be ignored, either. We need options and versatility. I see too many people impressed with my devices and then turning up their noses when they realize how their precious time wasting apps aren't available. Don't even mention "third-party." I'm afraid to say I'm starting to reluctantly morph into one of those people. I have confidence that this will change and that the selection will vastly improve in the future, but the people who don't see signs of hope have no idea. They think the company is dead, dying, gone.

Despite eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Note 3 I'm still a loyal Blackberry fan. I always will be, I think, even if handsets disappear. I guess for now I'm just frustrated and too impatient. And drunk.

Sorry for the rant!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 03:25 AM
    sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders to me.. doesn't sound like a rant at all

Good luck with whatever you do

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 04:17 AM
    What you're saying makes sense, and it's interesting that if I had to go back to Android, I'd also use the Note.

For me, productivity was more important than apps, and I get way more done on my Q10 than I did on any Android device--but we're not in the same place in life.

I hope BlackBerry comes through for you in the end and finds a way to flip your friends.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 04:24 AM
    sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders to me.. doesn't sound like a rant at all

Good luck with whatever you do

Posted via CB10
    I concur, hope that the hangover is short and sweet.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    03-17-14 04:28 AM
    Thanks!

Hangover was fine. I've had worse.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 05:48 PM