after much searching, i found articles such as these ... Basiclly saying NFC payment can be made on BB10 1 year ago, yet nothing.

BlackBerry 10 features to include mobile wallet thanks to Visa deal | Digital Trends
    -and-
    Secure Mobile Payments Using Near Field Communication and BlackBerry Smartphones | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog

CIBC's app will let you pay via NFC, which not everyone is with CIBC.

Where are VISA NFC payment tap n go options?
    Last edited by w1ndex11; 03-16-14 at 01:19 PM.
    03-16-14 12:59 PM
    In Canada and a few other countries there are banks who have their own apps that can be used to make purchases.
    If you're in the US, there arent any US bank apps available for BB10 yet. So we'll just have to hold out until they do.
    03-16-14 05:08 PM
    I hate how the bank you use and the carrier you use need to match up. I'm with Rogers and RBC, so I had to open an ICBC account just to use the damned thing.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 06:03 PM
    If you are in Canada, you can at least attach your Tim Hortons card to the Timmyme app and pay for your coffee with your phone.

It's the only use i've managed to get out of NFC payments thus far. Since I bank with BMO and have Virgin (through Bell) as a carrier.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 08:41 PM
    NFC enabled terminals that support ' chip and pin' credit cards and phones like the Z10 and Z30 are now widely available in most countries other than USA. In Canada it is becoming rare to find a store that doesn't support "tap and go' transactions. Apps exist from individual banking institutions and retailers like Tom Hortons as mentioned above, however they are coming to the market at a slower pace.

The USA banking world is years behind the rest of the world when it comes to advanced credit card security, and given that Apple doesn't support NFC (yet) critical mass just isn't there to get to the tipping point.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 08:12 AM
    NFC enabled terminals that support ' chip and pin' credit cards and phones like the Z10 and Z30 are now widely available in most countries other than USA. In Canada it is becoming rare to find a store that doesn't support "tap and go' transactions. Apps exist from individual banking institutions and retailers like Tom Hortons as mentioned above, however they are coming to the market at a slower pace.

Frole

The USA banking world is years behind the rest of the world when it comes to advanced credit card security, and given that Apple doesn't support NFC (yet) critical mass just isn't there to get to the tipping point.

Posted via CB10
    Im in the US and have seen NFC payment devices at cash registers almost everywhere I shop. The problem isn't BB10 phones, its the lack of Bank apps or Google Wallet types apps that are hold us back.
    Ive watched Blackberrys Official videos on NFC payments with Legacy devices, but nothing for BB10 phones.

For a business phone you'd think this would be one of the standard feature. Come on, Blackberry.
    03-17-14 03:30 PM
    It's no secret that the US banking system is many years behind, I am glad you actually see the tap n go everywhere.
    I think even if Visa just made an app that'd be all we need. Maybe even PayPal make an app that uses your visa and the NFC. Could be a security risk, but there if you tap and enter a quick pin on your phone that should solve that.
    03-20-14 11:56 AM
    hmm...I don't care for specific apps that work with NFC for certain vendors.

I want to know about the OS supporting this...I should be able to setup my Chip card in my phone's OS and let me tap to pay.

This is being used in parts of Europe for public transport and in South Africa for music festivals (carrying cash sucks and waiting 4 hours at an ATM sucks more).

I don't understand why it hasn't been added to the OS yet.
    03-25-14 10:08 PM

I don't understand why it hasn't been added to the OS yet.
    It has nothing to do with the OS. Its the payment companies that don't want to support the infrastructure. If individual companies like Tim Hortons can support it than so can major banks, Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and so on. They all just want a piece of the pie and want a way to make money off of it. BlackBerry has said that their devices have been cleared by Visa and Mastercard for nfc use. (in Canada anyway) My guess is they are still waiting for more infrastructure and security measures to be tested. CIBC and Rogers had a pilot program so does Bell with some android devices. I agree it's long overdue but complain to your bank not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 10:42 AM