As a STL100-1 owner, I was hit for months by the common problem of battery indicator not being accurate (phone turns off at 20, 30% etc, battery not charging to 100% etc..), but my last few charging cycles have been without problem (battery indicator working from 100 to 0% then phone shutdown) , and here is what I did, this may or may not solve the problem for some or all of you:

1. Charge phone to 100 %, or till charging current reaches 0 mA, this can be checked via various battery apps available on BlackBerry World.
    2. I updated non-destructively to latest 10.2.1.2228 ( look in CB forum for more details ).
    3. Drain battery till phone shutdown.
    4. Remove battery for couple of hours (2 or 3 hours just to make sure).
    5. Before putting the battery in the phone, push the power button for 2-3 minutes to make sure phone is completely out of any residual power.
    6. Put battery in phone, and start charging the phone.
    7. Within few minutes, phone will turn on, check your battery level. Mine was showing 13%, which I know is wrong since battery was empty when I started to charge it, so I removed the charger, and within 1-2 minutes the battery indicator went down to 0%. if your battery shows any number less than 5% when the phone turns on, you can skip step 7 since your indicator seems correct.
    8. I re-plugged the charger as soon as the indicator showed 0%, and left it to charge to 100%. Then I left it on charger for couple of hours to make sure it is completely really charged.
    9. Now you can unplug the charger and use the mobile phone normally till battery drops below 5%, recharge it again to 100%.
    10. Now battery seems calibrated, the indicator should work correctly.

This is my experience so far, hoping the issue will not pop up again sometime soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 10:29 AM
    Let us know if this works for more than a few days. Your suggestions are pretty similar to other suggestions in the forum but all seem to come back after few days.

Z10, STL100-1, 10.2.1.2141
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    03-15-14 10:40 AM
    Yes you are right, I've gone 3 charging cycles so far so good, will keep you posted.
    Most problems appeared after software update, so I thought to proceed with this solution as soon as I updated the phone, seems working.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 10:43 AM
    i usually update my OS via BB Link and only when my battery is 100% and i've not had this issue... i only had it once but fixed it by using simillar methods as suggested by the OP. i've a STL100-1.
    03-16-14 06:32 AM
    Update on your experience so far @OP

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2228 "The iPhone Nemesis"
    03-18-14 05:06 AM
    Yup...the issues come back after a few charging cycles...
    But I can stay with it... since its not that annoying... my battery only charges upto 97%.. but that's ok.. my phone still runs fine and gets through the day.!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 09:24 AM
    UPDATE: so far I have no issue with the calibration, I have gone through maybe 10 charging cycles and still no calibration problem.
    Gykesdollars and Naeg1995 like this.
    03-19-14 06:55 AM
    Can anyone please share the experience if you have used this method ?
    03-19-14 07:43 AM
    Actually I just drained my battery till the phonw shutdown

Then removed the battery for 3-4 hours

And boom it's great

I've heart that some people had to use the original charger that came with the device to work properly

From my lovely BlackBerry z10
    03-19-14 08:36 AM
    I couldn't get it down to 0... lowest it came to was 4%. I tried so many times... didn't help.

I had wiped the phone & reinstalled the OS.

Any suggestions.

I m now on Q10QN100-3/ 10.2.1.2141.
    03-26-14 04:01 AM
    I happen to have a blackberry Q5. any ideas on how I can safely remove the battery so I discharge it to complete the Recalibration???
    03-27-14 10:43 PM
    Had battery problems. Phone seemed to never stop charging and drained quick with heavy use. I deleted the android battery apps and now back to perfect. Try deleting all battery apps and see if that works. I delete android by settings, storage and access, device storage details, click on app and delete. Good luck!!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-29-14 10:04 AM
    As a STL100-1 owner, I was hit for months by the common problem of battery indicator not being accurate (phone turns off at 20, 30% etc, battery not charging to 100% etc..), but my last few charging cycles have been without problem (battery indicator working from 100 to 0% then phone shutdown) , and here is what I did, this may or may not solve the problem for some or all of you:

1. Charge phone to 100 %, or till charging current reaches 0 mA, this can be checked via various battery apps available on BlackBerry World.
    2. I updated non-destructively to latest 10.2.1.2228 ( look in CB forum for more details ).
    5. Before putting the battery in the phone, push the power button for 2-3 minutes to make sure phone is completely out of any residual power.
    7. Within few minutes, phone will turn on, check your battery level. Mine was showing 13%, which I know is wrong since battery was empty when I started to charge it, so I removed the charger, and within 1-2 minutes the battery indicator went down to 0%. if your battery shows any number less than 5% when the phone turns on, you can skip step 7 since your indicator seems correct.
    8. I re-plugged the charger as soon as the indicator showed 0%, and left it to charge to 100%. Then I left it on charger for couple of hours to make sure it is completely really charged.
    9. Now you can unplug the charger and use the mobile phone normally till battery drops below 5%, recharge it again to 100%.

This is my experience so far, hoping the issue will not pop up again sometime soon.

Posted via CB10
    Oh God it works Man !!! really thank you a Lot for your help
    04-28-14 06:07 PM
    I wonder, does it depend on the phone version, software or battery itself? Because it has never come to such a long solution with me. I had some issues with one of my Q10 batteries, where my phone would switch off at 10 or 15%, but it somehow got ruled out while doing regular business and swapping batteries once one of them became empty while on the go. What is also a pity, I do not know anymore whether the battery I had issues with was original or a bought one...

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    04-28-14 06:23 PM
    Ok I can confirm that my battery consistently charges to 100% and discharges at 0% (or something close to 0%).
    After my experiment above, at some point my battery shut down around 12 %, so i got fed up and decided to live with the problem and I try to charge the phone whenever it reaches less than 20%. But as the days passed, I found out that the battery shut down level slowly improves, i.e. phone shut downs at 10% then 8% after few days , and it keeps on ameliorating till it seems now to shutdown at 0%, although I do not let it discharge to 0%, I always charge it when I can when it goes below 20%.

To resume:
    1. When you update your phone, do it when the battery is fully charge. Never update when the battery is not fully charged.
    2. If you have battery problems, try my method above, or simply remove the battery for 2 - 3 hours, or simply leave it out of the phone overnight.
    3. I do not own a Q5 or other devices with non-removable battery, but I suggest that if your phone shuts down at 20%, try to always charge your phone when it reaches 30%, I guess with time the phone will adjust the battery reading and gradually improves the battery shutdown level .
    4. In all cases, just enjoy the phone, BB10 is just amazing !!!
    04-30-14 09:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    I followed your steps, drain batt till phone shuts down. Mine shut down at 6%. So i hold the power button with that batt inside for like a minute then remove the batt for 30mins. Then without the batt i hold the power button again just like you said. Then put the batt inside and hold the power button again. Then i started to charge it. I waited till it boots up then it showed 9%. So i disconnected the charger and waited for it to go 0% and it did went to 0% for the FIRST TIME! So im charging it now and wish me luck it will die at 0% the next cycle.
    05-03-14 01:38 AM
    Nice info

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 02:15 AM
    It took me 3 hours to charge my device, that was the longest charging time I've ever had in my z10 and to my surprise it only charge till 90%.

Posted via My Awesome Z10
    05-03-14 05:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    I tried your method but still problem doesn't go battery still charge upto 95%. But with battery apps it show battery health is 100% than why not charge to 100%.
    05-03-14 07:51 AM
    It didn't work for me!! Infact it ruined!! i drained my BlackBerry and removed it out for almost 6hrs! Then i kept for charging. I forgot to check the starting percentage of the battery though. I does not matter now! Bse, previously my phone got charged till 94% but now it dropped to 84%!! What should I do now?
    Should I call for BlackBerry service center?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 12:20 AM
    I can confirm that it works!!!! My z10 is 3 days now and I still have 40% battery left!! Thank you!!

sent from BlackBerry Z10 via TapaTalk Pro
    05-04-14 03:36 AM
    I can confirm that it works!!!! My z10 is 3 days now and I still have 40% battery left!! Thank you!!

I'm jealous haha. Well it did prolonged my batt from the usual 8-10 to 10-12 hours but phone stops charging at 93%.

Posted via My Awesome Z10
    05-04-14 05:26 AM
    I dnt know what i missed!! Congrats any way. I'm wondering about 3 days battery! Did you use it at all? No offense here. Did you use 3G/wifi?? Didn't it drain ur battety?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 07:45 AM
    OK for those not charging till 100%, when the mobile reaches full charge (85% or so), remove the charger for few seconds, re-insert it again, it should charge to a higher value (87% or so), do this step few times till it reaches 100%, It happened to me before and that's what I did.

Anyway there is definitely a problem in our Z10s concerning the battery calibration, I already changed my mobile phone under warranty for this defect, but it returned with the new phone, so I didn't bother myself again to get it replaced.
    05-04-14 08:57 AM
    My phone goes to 100% when charging :what:

05-05-14 08:26 AM
82 123 ...