GO TO TOPP SITE AND LEARN ABOUT THEM THEY ARE RINGING THEIR IDEAS TO ANDROID

WORKING WITH SAMSUNG SINCE APRIL 2013

THIS FROM THEIR SITE:

Topp has worked with Samsung since April of 2013. The scope of work has touched on complete platform design to exploring future TouchWiz and Android experiences. We have also looked into wearables and other emerging areas.

Most recently we have been participating in defining the new Tizen OS experience.

LEARN ABOUT THEM HERE:
    Topp

I WISH THEY WERE STILL WITH BLACKBERRY
    03-15-14 04:33 AM
    Being a business person myself, sometimes you have to let individuals go who are very talented, but don't fit into the new business model you have.

This happens all the time and is part of how every successful company does to survive in this highly competitive market.

Sometimes it hurts to make these decisions,but all you can do is wish them well on their next assignment.

Posted using my z10 (10.2.1.2156) on T Mobile USA
    03-15-14 04:51 AM
    April 2013 - that's before the market failure of BlackBerry 10. Maybe they just wanted to be independent - most creative people do.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    03-15-14 04:52 AM
    April 2013 - that's before the market failure of BlackBerry 10. Maybe they just wanted to be independent - most creative people do.
    Interesting. What is the exact date of Blackberry 10 market failure?
    Mecca EL and kbz1960 like this.
    03-15-14 05:38 AM
    I guess the end of the third quarter of calendar year 2013 would be a good reference point (a full quarter of both Z10 and Q10 available on all major markets).

At that moment it became clear that BlackBerry 10 failed to get traction among consumers.

--------------------

03-15-14 06:08 AM
    I think that the "market failure" was apparent since launch. Hate to say it, but 2013 was a crap year altogether in that regard. I on the other hand feel it's the best BlackBerry year ever because of the new OS and devices. It's a matter of perception.
    03-15-14 07:01 AM
    BlackBerry didn't do a great job in utilising TAT. May be thats probably the reason half of the talent left. BlackBerry was probably controlling the creativity, any creative person won't like that.
    kbz1960 and Georgiegeorge like this.
    03-15-14 07:15 AM
    Cannot agree more.

Being a business person myself, sometimes you have to let individuals go who are very talented, but don't fit into the new business model you have.

This happens all the time and is part of how every successful company does to survive in this highly competitive market.

Sometimes it hurts to make these decisions,but all you can do is wish them well on their next assignment.

It's not a phone, it's a ?
    03-15-14 07:15 AM

Totally agree.
    03-15-14 07:24 AM
    TAT had some really cool concepts that were never implemented. Could have been because they didn't actually work, or maybe because they were 'too cool' for BlackBerry. Or maybe Thorsten saw them as an unnecessary cost when he was in his slash and burn mode. Either way, too bad they left.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 09:02 AM
    they were absolutely awesome the file sharing one was really good
    03-16-14 09:58 AM
    January 30, 2012.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    03-17-14 07:09 AM
    BB10 still looks cool, it has bigger problems than appearance.
    03-17-14 10:00 AM
    January 30, 2012.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    More like 2011, cause that's about when they needed to get it out, or at least something.

Timing had a lot to do with it. They missed a lot of growth in the market by taking so long, growth that Microsoft/Nokia and their cheaper handsets took full advantage of to at least give themselves a decent footing in some markets...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-17-14 10:18 AM
    TAT key creative people that ended up forming TOPP weren't "let go", they left on their own terms. Most likely after they stuck around for the obligated time after the acquisition.
    03-17-14 10:35 AM
    You're going to be seeing a lot more TAT in 10.3. They aren't gone, 7 people left to start a new company, there are still around 100 employees at BlackBerry Sweden

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    03-17-14 10:56 AM
    You're going to be seeing a lot more TAT in 10.3. They aren't gone, 7 people left to start a new company, there are still around 100 employees at BlackBerry Sweden

There's a lot of folks that hope you are correct.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 11:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm usually right

03-17-14 11:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    He's right. BlackBerry has said that TAT will work put more into 10.3. They will add the flatness and some 3D effects (hopefully a form of parallax) into it as I heard. Until then keep fingers crossed. TAT hasn't left BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 11:11 AM
    He's right. BlackBerry has said that TAT will work put more into 10.3. They will add the flatness and some 3D effects (hopefully a form of parallax) into it as I heard. Until then keep fingers crossed. TAT hasn't left BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Tat is just called BlackBerry Sweden now. They aren't going anywhere, Gary klassen works there.

03-17-14 11:13 AM
    I guess the end of the third quarter of calendar year 2013 would be a good reference point (a full quarter of both Z10 and Q10 available on all major markets).

At that moment it became clear that BlackBerry 10 failed to get traction among consumers.

--------------------

More like when hardcore CBers finally admitted the truth.

For those not so entrenched in Thor's mumbo jumbo the truth was evident much earlier than that.
    03-17-14 08:35 PM
    More like when hardcore CBers finally admitted the truth.

For those not so entrenched in Thor's mumbo jumbo the truth was evident much earlier than that.
    It took quite a while for windows 8 phones to start catching on.. I don't think we can write off bb10 quite yet.

03-17-14 08:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    The same parallax that gave many people (me included) migraines in iOS 7 forcing Apple to add a toggle in iOS 7.1 to turn it off? Thanks, but no thanks.
    03-19-14 10:20 AM
    It took quite a while for windows 8 phones to start catching on.. I don't think we can write off bb10 quite yet.

Windows phone 8 has nothing to do with the train of comments being referenced.
    Secondly, "Blackberry being written off" was not part of that line of post either.
    The fact you brought it up may be more of an indication of what lies in your own heart.
    03-19-14 03:39 PM