After the 10.2.1 OTA update from T-Mobile on my Z10, I'm experiencing the following problems:

- Battery life is unacceptable, and lasts 4 hours tops. The battery drains quick, even on standby. I've used two original Z10 batteries and the poor battery life is consistent with both. I'm at 72% battery charge right now and Device Monitor says I have two hours of usage left. Prior to the update, I would get anywhere from 8-12 hours of battery life with moderate use.

- My phone gets really warm when in use, particularly the back side, even when used for only a short period.

- The phone is slower after the update, with very noticeable lag. Apps take a while to open and load.

- A lot of apps stopped working, even after deleting the app and downloading again. To name a few, some of the apps that stopped working for me are Skype, Waze, Kindle and My T-Mobile.

A restart and battery pull did not solve any of the above.

I've also read that it takes 2 days or so for the phone to filly index and for the battery to optimize. Any truth to this?

Anyone else experiencing some or all of the above?

I also want to add that this is not a whine/cry thread. Just trying to address these issues and hopefully come up with a solution. I'd be even willing to go back to 10.1 if that's what will fix this, although I don't think I backed up my phone before the update.

Any help or insight would be great. Thanks!
    03-14-14 03:36 PM
    Yes, it will eat through battery for first 24-48 hours.
    As far as your other problems, I am not experiencing any of those. Could have been a bad or corrupted install. Hate to have to see you do it again, but if things don't right themselves, you may have to.
    It may be due to OTA....may be better by fresh install from computer.
    Last edited by Lendo; 03-16-14 at 04:31 PM.
    03-14-14 03:45 PM
    Ok, I'll give this a couple of days and see if the battery situation fixes itself.

As far as installing the update again via a computer, is there an "official" way to do that?
    bliebs77 likes this.
    03-14-14 03:53 PM
    I have the same problem. It is not the battery itself, as I have 2 batteries and the phone less for 4 hours top since my phone was updated (latest leak).
    My phone is near charger most of the day, there is no other way.
    03-14-14 03:58 PM
    Ok, I'll give this a couple of days and see if the battery situation fixes itself.

As far as installing the update again via a computer, is there an "official" way to do that?
    Not an expert but using the autoloader should overwrite a bad installation.

The truth is that I just upgraded using Sachesi today and the first reboot took about 5 minutes and the phone got abnormally hot.
    I left it on for about 15 minutes without touching it and then I powered it off and then on again.
    It s been 5 hours since then with not too heavy usage and I am still on 74% (from full charge)
    What I found a little weird about my upgrade is that somehow the screen is not as responsive as before. Sometimes I have to click something twice to get it to work. But may be I am getting paranoid.

If autoloader does not fix your issues, do not install any *.apk for a day or two and see how it goes.
    If you still have issues check for any "rogue" files like corrupted pictures or video or music and such.
    Sometimes those corrupted files cause systems to keep scanning for ever thus causing battery draining and high system resource usage.
    03-14-14 04:30 PM
    I was/am getting high battery usage and slow charging. But it seems to be getting better. Make sure you update your apps in BB World. I was getting restarts after the update; seems to have stopped. A lot of little thing have by now corrected. I would stop pulling the battery and let it sort itself for a while.
    Last edited by scrannel; 03-16-14 at 10:08 AM.
    03-14-14 08:00 PM
    On LINK there is an option to re-install the OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 08:15 PM
    It is recommended if you are having difficulty.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 08:17 PM
    Right after an update your phone is reconfiguring itself, so stop pulling the battery and let it do its thing. You should expect resulta of better battery life after 48 hours of consistent calibration after an update

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 08:27 PM
    I followed the majority advice and re-installed the operating software via BlackBerry Link. This solved the lag and overheating issue! Thanks.

I'll give the battery life issue a couple of days to sort itself out and hopefully it'll fix itself.

The broken apps still don't work. I'll try deleting and re-installing a few more times.
    03-15-14 03:11 AM
    I checked the battery usage and the hub was the source of the drain. I will sit tight as well, but if the problem doesn't go away, I'm nuking all that priority stuff.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 11:53 AM
    My battery seems to be a bit better now after the OS reinstall. I'm looking at about 6 hours of decent use now, compared to 4 hours if minimal use prior to reinstall. Lag and overheating are both gone. Hopefully after another day or two, my battery life will be back up to par.
    03-15-14 12:43 PM
    Wi-fi calling worked for about a half a day, then stopped with the same error message I got on previous builds, from TMO and via Sachese.

Also, I bought my z10 unlocked (a nice little hat tip from RIM for original adopters) from a TMO store. Never had problems borrowing data from another network. I installed TMO's official 10.2.1 through Link, which was necessary because I now live outside TMO's reach, but now I can't use data. I checked the settings and it shows both unlocked, but still needing the unlock code from the seller. : /

Courtesy official ? 10.2.1 on TMO
    03-15-14 02:52 PM
    If it has been more than 3 days since install, and you are draining more than 2% an hour with a good wifi connection and no interaction, you should reinstall via BlackBerry Link. Remember, this is only if you are not using the phone. With maximum use the phone battery can do like 35% an hour.

Posted via CB10
    havok2525 likes this.
    03-15-14 03:32 PM
    Wi-fi calling worked for about a half a day, then stopped with the same error message I got on previous builds, from TMO and via Sachese.

Also, I bought my z10 unlocked (a nice little hat tip from RIM for original adopters) from a TMO store. Never had problems borrowing data from another network. I installed TMO's official 10.2.1 through Link, which was necessary because I now live outside TMO's reach, but now I can't use data. I checked the settings and it shows both unlocked, but still needing the unlock code from the seller. : /

There should be three things that says "unlocked"
    If there is an "unlock network" button, your phone is locked.
    03-15-14 03:42 PM
    All three were showing unlocked before installing this version, and confirmed by TMO when I got the handset and showed it to them during initialization. Never had data problems out of TMOs network, always had full BlackBerry and data services until yesterday.

03-15-14 05:18 PM
    I have some of the same issues, I'll wait until sunday and if the lag continues I'm going to reinstall as well
    03-15-14 06:00 PM
    This thread has been useful as I've experienced the same lag issues, hit battery, etc... I will wait until tomorrow and if lag persists I will reload through Link also.

I was interested on the "rough" file thread. How would you identify such a problem?

I'll post my findings.
    03-15-14 10:18 PM
    Dear All

This is my experience, I had that problem or maybe more when I update with OTA.
    Some of file that must be replace during installation, had some issue (like some of them corrupt).
    Then I download OS - official (forum said) file size around 850 M - 1 G. I installed it then no issue anymore.
    Yes our file will be delete during the process (you can backup it with many method) and restore after finish.
    Or you can ask forum, whether they have sys.camera.bar - for camera function, battery.bar etc except radio and internet function. Then install with DDPB.
    All your problem will be gone.
    Me, I will download OS then install it rather update with OTA.
    I will do OTA after BB already standardize Update OS for All device.
    BB still easy to repair - I use BB from the beginning until now. I have other phone, but I still like BB because never broke and repairable.
    Latest OS is good 10.2.1.2228/2156

Cheer
    03-15-14 11:23 PM
    This stuff happens after every major update. Let it sort itself don't interrupt the syncing. You can monitor this with device monitor.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-15-14 11:25 PM
    After 24 hours of reinstalling the OS via Link, battery life is now back to an acceptable level. And the lag and overheating issues are both totally gone. I guess the issue was a bad OTA update.

The aforementioned broken apps still don't work for me, but now I'm thinking that might be an issues with the apps themselves.

Anyone get Skype or My T-Mobile to work after 10.2.1 update?
    03-16-14 12:47 AM
    After 24 hours of reinstalling the OS via Link, battery life is now back to an acceptable level. And the lag and overheating issues are both totally gone. I guess the issue was a bad OTA update.

The aforementioned broken apps still don't work for me, but now I'm thinking that might be an issues with the apps themselves.

Anyone get Skype or My T-Mobile to work after 10.2.1 update?
    Which apps don't work?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-16-14 01:10 AM
    Make sure to check for updates on apps.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-16-14 01:22 AM
    I've only had one problem and that was the native video app wouldn't function. Had to do a quick battery pull plus second restart and voila fixed.

Posted via the Phone of the Future
    03-16-14 03:16 AM
    It will take about 3 days for the os to fully index properly. Yes your battery will suck for these 3 days. Just be patient. It's working in the background to fully index the os. After that your battery will go back to what you had before. As for your other issues. Never experienced them after the update. Good luck and enjoy 10.2. It rocks!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 06:33 AM
122 123 ...