Hey guys, I am currently trying to patch Google Maps v9.32.1 (latest) from Play Services Patcher, when I hit continue after analyzing the app, when it hits 100% it says Error: couldn't rebuild app.

Like one year before, I could get Maps working on my phone, without patching, and even I could sign in cause I had the Google Account app. Unfortunately I can't remember Maps version.

Any fix for this? I checked "decompile resources" when patching as well. But no luck. (yes my java is workin, I've patched apps before) OR any working version?

I have all of Cobalts required apps on my Z30 running on 10.2.3.2836 , fyi.

Also I want to get Hangouts working on.. I cannot patch that from PSPatcher either

Any help would be highly appreciated.
    For Maps uncheck decompile.
    Hangouts won't work (if I recall correctly) on BB10.
    07-22-16 03:46 AM
    Yes you are correct. Hangout will not work.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    07-22-16 07:15 AM
    Eventually, the "This app relies on Google Play services.." does not show up on TODOIST app! I really appreciate for your effort and great job!
    07-22-16 08:44 AM
    I installed the latest version of Java. Can't get it to work. Am I doing it wrong?

How to patch Android Apps depending on Google Maps and Google Play Services-udklip.png
    07-23-16 09:15 AM
    I installed the latest version of Java. Can't get it to work. Am I doing it wrong
    I answered in your other thread.

Go to the paths tab and point to your java.exe file.
    07-23-16 09:41 AM
    Thanks got it now.

Does anybody know if Google calendar, and google photos needs to be patched? Will they work?
    07-23-16 10:10 AM
    I was this close to throwing in the towel and buying a Priv, but I finally today got the 2 apps I wanted to work (Google Maps and Uber) on my passport. Fingers-crossed they keep working until the next update when I will have to patch again.

First I want to give a lot of thanks to Cobalt for the programs and the other posters who are still posting to help people!

However, for some of us who are less experienced / tech-savvy - this whole process can be very confusing. Especially now that this thread is over 100 pages and some of the things on Cobalt's first page are outdated.

This thing really needs a step-by-step guide with like screenshots, or like a FAQ - because I kept seeing some of the same questions that I was having trouble with but maybe I would find the answer on page 118 or like page 74 or something.

Anyway for those who are having trouble, I thought I would outline my steps for patching Google Maps and Uber (this all assumes you got Google Play Store already working) in the hopes that this would help some new people coming to this thread (like me) who are not so tech-savvy and honestly don't have time to read 50+ pages:

1. If my app was asking for Google Play Services -> I just patched like regular (see steps below but ignore API and Decompile steps)

2. If my app was showing blank maps -> it seems this is because it is using a Google Map API and you need to add your own API keys into the patched app (i.e. Uber)

3. Some apps cannot work even after patching -> i.e. Snapchat

Set up Patcher on my PC:
    - On your PC, go to Cobalt's file storage site and download i) the Patcher 1.4 and extract - it will create a PS_Patcher-1.4 folder with some files in it including the Gmaps 1.4 program, then ii) download the Patcher 1.5 beta exe and also copy this exe file into the extracted Patcher 1.4 folder
    - You may need to install Java on your PC, and then start the Patcher program and go to the "Paths" tab on the Patcher and make sure Java is showing linked correctly on the "Java.exe" box
    - For some of the Android apps that use Google Maps (like Uber) you will now need to add your own Google Map API keys when you are doing the rebuilding patch - this is done with the Patcher 1.5 beta.
    - First get your own API keys by going here - I got "Android API" and "Geolocation API" keys:
    Android API
    Geolocation API
    - Copy each of these API strings (my strings each had a space at the end so I copied that as well, not sure if it made a difference but the first set of APIs I copied without the ending spaces didn't make the patch work in my Blackberry) into the Patcher 1.5 application: start the Patcher 1.5, go to the "Google Maps" tab, paste in the Android API key and then the Geolocation API key into those boxes

- You will also need to replace the "apktool" file for the Patcher with the latest version
    - Download the latest apktool file from here: https://ibotpeaches.github.io/Apktool/. Latest I had was v2.1.1.
    - Go to the Patcher folder on your PC -> then "lib" folder.
    - After downloading this apktool v2.1.1, I renamed it to "apktool", and then just copied to replace the existing "apktool" file already in the "lib" folder

- Then I started up the Patcher 1.5 beta again, went to the "Options" tab, checked the "Decompile resources" box (so that it would use my own API keys for recompiling the uber app) and then clicked "Update Framework" button on the right - to use the new programs

Then I got my apps on my Blackberry and transferred them to my PC:
    - Uninstalled any existing version of Uber on my Blackberry by going to the Google Play Store -> My Apps and uninstalling
    - Also checked with the "GhostCommander" app on my phone that the Uber app was properly removed from my phone
    - Go to the Play Store app on your Blackberry and download the Uber app. Do not install it, it will download to the "Downloads" folder
    - Go to "File Manager" on the Blackberry and then "Downloads" - you will see something like ubercab.apk
    - I moved the ubercab.apk file onto a micro-SD card on my Blackberry, then plugged the SD-card into my tablet and copied the ubercab.apk file into a separate folder on my PC

Patching on PC:
    - Started Patcher 1.5 beta
    - Made sure my Google API keys were loaded on the "Google Maps" tab, and that "Decompile resources" was checked on the "Options" tab
    - The clicked "Browse" and linked to the ubercab.apk that I had just copied to my PC
    - Clicked "Analyze APK", it will decompile. Once Analysis is complete there should be option to "Continue"
    - Once it is all done there will be an ubercab-patched.apk file in an "output" folder in the Patcher folder
    - Copied this to my SD card

Installing on Blackberry:
    - Move the patched uber apk file from my SD card to my Downloads folder on my Blackberry
    - Then tapped this uber apk file and it will boot up and install and was running correctly with full map showing

For the Google Maps app itself
    - You do not need the API keys for this or to Decompile
    - I used the 1.4 Patcher for this using the same process as above and then put it on my Blackberry
    - Even after this it was STILL showing blank maps, but when I restarted my Blackberry and went back in to the Google Maps app it was working!
    Last edited by Nahadoth; 08-06-16 at 04:44 AM.
    07-23-16 01:36 PM
    Quirk: I uninstalled a patched app that was working fine with Google Maps to upgrade to a latest update. After patching I installed and it runs, but maps don't work?

So I went back to older patched app that had worked and now the maps don't work on it?

Thoughts?

 Z30 10.3.2.858 USA
    07-23-16 01:55 PM
    Quirk: I uninstalled a patched app that was working fine with Google Maps to upgrade to a latest update. After patching I installed and it runs, but maps don't work?

So I went back to older patched app that had worked and now the maps don't work on it?

Thoughts?

 Z30 10.3.2.858 USA
    This is well-documented. Cobalt had to remove his Maps API key from Play services Patcher. Now we have to include our own.
    07-23-16 02:09 PM
    Where do you guys find the apk's to download onto your computer in order to patch them?
    07-23-16 03:22 PM
    Where do you guys find the apk's to download onto your computer in order to patch them?
    Play Store.
    BD_BB_8520 and beignetdust like this.
    07-23-16 03:32 PM
    I'm sure that this is somewhere but after perusing for a while I couldn't find it. How do you get the apks that you want to patch? How do you just download an apk from the play store without installing it? Thanks.
    07-23-16 04:24 PM
    I'm sure that this is somewhere but after perusing for a while I couldn't find it. How do you get the apks that you want to patch? How do you just download an apk from the play store without installing it? Thanks.
    It downloads it first to your download folder.
    07-23-16 04:34 PM
    When you are loading an app for the first time, it downloads into the phone's "downloads" folder that you see from the File Manager. Then it installs it automatically. You can try the app out to see if you get the "requires Google Services" error. If you don't get it, the app will run as is and not need patching.

If it does need patching, you can actually delete it if you want at this point since it's useless. The downloaded apk will remain in the downloads folder. Connect the phone to your PC, find that folder in internal flash memory, and copy the apk to the PC. Patch it, copy the patched file back to the phone (I keep a separate folder for patched apks), find the file in File Manager and just tap it. It will run the installer and load it up.

What about updates?

The Play Store will show updates for apps when they are available - even the patched ones. You can go ahead and hit the update button. It will download a new apk in the same download folder, and then try to run the installer. The installer will fail because the signatures are different. All it does is go back to the Play Store. Your app does not update, but at least you have the new apk. Do as before - copy the apk to the PC, patch it, and copy back to phone. Now if you tap the patched apk,the installer starts up and you'll see the "update" button in the upper right. The signatures now match, so it will see it as an update.

Yes, it's all very convoluted, but, it's the best we have right now.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and beignetdust like this.
    07-23-16 05:35 PM
    Hi all
    first of all a big thumbs up for the efforts in this!

Does anybody have experiences with the "Fitbit" app? I get (meh ) the frustrating "can't be rebuild" message...
    07-24-16 02:40 PM
    Hi all
    first of all a big thumbs up for the efforts in this!

Does anybody have experiences with the "Fitbit" app? I get (meh ) the frustrating "can't be rebuild" message...
    Fitbit seems to work fine without patching.
    07-24-16 03:43 PM
    Until you hit the activity tab. (maps can be included there).
    07-24-16 04:35 PM
    This is well-documented. Cobalt had to remove his Maps API key from Play services Patcher. Now we have to include our own.
    Thanks. I only use a few apps that need it, so I didn't catch the change. I'm up to date now.

Is the Download window, below the API field, functional? I couldn't get it to work, so d/l through his Play Store app.

The specific app I was patching previously used Google Map (via the Web I assume because I had never installed GM.) It no longer works (even when I rolled back to the old patched version?) so I tried to patch and install Google Maps which works - the app works, but map view is blank other than the Google name.

I'll keep plugging away

 Z30 10.3.2.858 USA
    07-24-16 04:52 PM
    Can anybody tell me how to sign in to Google Maps to save offline places ?

I am using patched Google maps and everything is working great except signing in.
    07-24-16 11:43 PM
    I am trying to patch a app that Depends On Google Servers and no matter what I do or try it is not working. So anyone know how to do it or when the error happens? The App is Newson the app will work unpatched and a old version of Google Servers but I want to pact it.

Processing C:\Users\ejsch\Desktop\com.newson.vinson_19310.apk
    The package contains 1 classes.dex file
    [Decompiling classes]
    I: Using Apktool 2.0.2 on com.newson.vinson_19310.apk
    I: Copying raw resources...
    I: Baksmaling classes.dex...
    I: Copying assets and libs...
    I: Copying unknown files...
    I: Copying original files...
    Decompiled 7.92 MB in 18.05 seconds
    Done.
    [Analyzing Package]
    Google Play services dependencies detected
    Found: C:\Users\ejsch\Desktop\PS_Patcher-1.4\tmp\com.newson.vinson_19310\smali\com\google\a ndroid\gms\common\zze.smali
    Found: C:\Users\ejsch\Desktop\PS_Patcher-1.4\tmp\com.newson.vinson_19310\smali\com\google\a ndroid\gms\common\zzf.smali
    No matching pattern to identify Google Ads file
    [Analysis completed]
    Press CONTINUE to proceed or CANCEL to abort.
    [Patching isGooglePlayServicesAvailable]
    .method public static isGooglePlayServicesAvailable(Landroid/content/ContextI
    in file C:\Users\ejsch\Desktop\PS_Patcher-1.4\tmp\com.newson.vinson_19310\smali\com\google\a ndroid\gms\common\zze.smali
    Done.
    [Patching isSignatureValid]
    .method static varargs ˊ(Landroid/content/pm/PackageInfo;[Lcom/google/android/gms/common/zzd$zzaLcom/google/android/gms/common/zzd$zza;
    in file C:\Users\ejsch\Desktop\PS_Patcher-1.4\tmp\com.newson.vinson_19310\smali\com\google\a ndroid\gms\common\zzf.smali
    Done.
    [Patching isGoogleSigned]
    .method public static �(Landroid/content/pm/PackageInfo;Z)Z
    in file C:\Users\ejsch\Desktop\PS_Patcher-1.4\tmp\com.newson.vinson_19310\smali\com\google\a ndroid\gms\common\zzf.smali
    Done.
    [Rebuilding]
    I: Using Apktool 2.0.2
    I: Checking whether sources has changed...
    I: Smaling smali folder into classes.dex...
    Error: Package cannot be recompiled.
    [Cleaning up]
    Done.
    07-26-16 08:41 PM
    I am trying to patch a app that Depends On Google Servers and no matter what I do or try it is not working. So anyone know how to do it or when the error happens? The App is Newson the app will work unpatched and a old version of Google Servers but I want to pact it.

Error: Package cannot be recompiled.
    [Cleaning up]
    Done.
    If it works without patching, awesome! No need to try. Since it won't recompile, even if it didn't work, no sense in continuing to try.
    07-26-16 08:49 PM
    Can anybody tell me how to sign in to Google Maps to save offline places ?

I am using patched Google maps and everything is working great except signing in.
    You have Google account manager, Google settings and BlackBerry Google ID installed?
    07-26-16 08:57 PM
    You have Google account manager, Google settings and BlackBerry Google ID installed?
    I have installed Google Account, Blackberry Google ID, Google+ Whitelist. Am I missing something ?
    07-27-16 02:40 AM
    I have installed Google Account, Blackberry Google ID, Google+ Whitelist. Am I missing something ?
    You are missing Cobalt's modified Google Play Services.
    07-27-16 07:27 AM
    Yes but I do have some apps on my phone that have maps and I patched them and they only work with his patched Google Servers . So I don't really want two Google Servers installed. Anyway is there a way to patch Google Servers to a more updated on or is a updated one out?
    07-27-16 06:22 PM
4,042 ... 122123124125126 ...