Just wanted to ask anyone whether anyone is experiencing the same issue. I just got the new Z30 and tried to log into the twitter app and couldn't. I can't create an account under the accounts sections and I can't log into the app as a result.
    03-13-14 08:57 AM
    I just deactivated my account in Z30 and re-activated it with no problems.

What part of the process is giving you error?
    03-13-14 09:24 AM
    I get the error when I launch the app. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it and still nothing. When i go to my accounts and try to add twitter, it doesn't even show up as an option to select.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 12:41 PM
    I would suggest trying to login with a 3rd party app.

I would suggest Blaq but for testing purposes Neatly is free
    03-13-14 04:09 PM
    Are you trying to create a new Twitter account or login to an existing one. If you are creating a new one go to their website and create it there and try logging in on Z30 app after.
    03-13-14 04:11 PM
    I'm trying to log into an existing account. When i switched from my Z10 to the Z30, it stopped working.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 07:54 PM
    Open Twitter App and swipe down from top and click settings from the drop menu. See if the manage accounts is available and try adding a count from there.
    03-13-14 08:03 PM
    My only problem with Twitter is that I don't get any notifications. I don't tweet but I do follow people of interest and I want notifications when they tweet. I don't get anything. I've tried all the settings. Tried the BlackBerry and android versions. Still nothing.

Z10
    03-13-14 08:20 PM
    My only problem with Twitter is that I don't get any notifications. I don't tweet but I do follow people of interest and I want notifications when they tweet. I don't get anything. I've tried all the settings. Tried the BlackBerry and android versions. Still nothing.

Z10
    I would think this is a good thing, depending on who you follow and how many you would constantly have notifications going off. Twitter is very dynamic and some people tweet 100's of times a day using programs that curate data for them and tweet automatically.

Unless you are following 1-2 people who tweet only a few times a day this would be too much I would think.
    03-14-14 12:26 AM
    I would think this is a good thing, depending on who you follow and how many you would constantly have notifications going off. Twitter is very dynamic and some people tweet 100's of times a day using programs that curate data for them and tweet automatically.

Unless you are following 1-2 people who tweet only a few times a day this would be too much I would think.
    I follow about 15 people. I understand what you're saying but imo we should have the option to turn those tweet notifications on or off just the same as any other app.

Z10
    03-14-14 02:02 AM
    I follow about 15 people. I understand what you're saying but imo we should have the option to turn those tweet notifications on or off just the same as any other app.

Z10
    I have 26 people I follow and avg about 3-10 tweets/hr. depedning on the time of day. I assume we are on the low-end of followers for most people on Twitter. I wouldn't want this many notifications popping up. I feel the same way about BBM Channels. I think they are great but prefer to be able to check through BBM app and not have Channel messages pop up in the notifications.

To your point about the option I can see merit to this. If someone wants to be able to add these to notifications why not. I think it would be even better if we could choose which Twitter follower(s) or BBM Channel(s) updates we recieve. Perhaps there are only certain Twitter Feeds/channels we want to receive notifications from and the rest we can check from within the app.
    03-14-14 02:22 AM
    I'm trying to log into an existing account. When i switched from my Z10 to the Z30, it stopped working.
    Ha! I wrote a program connecting to Twitter, I guess what this issue is related to.

I would suggest to remove the old Z10 Twitter app privileges from the Twitter account. This must be done on the Twitter website in your account settings under "Apps". This app settings contain two complicated OAuth keys specific to the device and probably something goes wrong here. Your Z30 comes with the same app but wrong keys ... After you removed this entry from your Twitter account your Z30 should create a new one there and from this moment everything should work again.

The Twitter app works fine for me, except that it causes much traffic. About 100 or even 130kB per post, ten posts cause 1MB! This is idiotic for posts not longer than 140 characters, but the Twitter app seems to do a complete status update each time you post something. - What I detected now is: posting via Search with the "tw" prefix in the search line consumes much less data volume, only 6 or 7kB per post, because no status updates are executed.
    farskija likes this.
    03-14-14 03:02 AM
    I'm having the same issue with my Z10
    ( OS 10.2) and I tried to remove the old Z10 Twitter app privileges from the Twitter account. This method did not work. This is very frustrating since I utilize twitter quite a bit. Any suggestions?
    03-19-14 11:41 AM
    I finally got the twitter app to work. This issue arose when I used Link to switch my Z10 to my Z30. When I did that, my twitter app stopped working.

What I did to get it to work is doing a security wipe (which meant I lost all data) and just ran twitter from the fresh start sort of speak. This worked, and now twitter is working.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:12 PM
    I can't afford to lose all of my data. I have no clue what to do.

Posted with Imohtep. The Egyptian Z10
    03-19-14 11:09 PM
    I get the error when I launch the app. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it and still nothing. When i go to my accounts and try to add twitter, it doesn't even show up as an option to select.

Posted via CB10
    this was happening to me, but I was using my username (like it asks) so I tried just using my email instead and that worked.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 12:11 AM
    You can back up your data files onto your micro SD card if you have one, or just onto your Pc before the wipe. The data I lost was what was in my 'remember' app. All other data was on my SD card and cloud service.

Also, if you have an app like 'password keeper', the app allows you to export all your data to SD or cloud. Once you've wiped, you can import the data back. I never checked if the 'remember' app allows that. If not, I strongly suggest manually sending all that data to your email first.

That's one possibility to think about.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 05:33 AM
    Guys, I told you what to do in #12. This is a very simple action that will do in most cases. No data on any device will be lost. Did anyone execute this before backing up, deleting and reinstalling anything?
    03-20-14 06:35 AM
    Guys, I told you what to do in #12. This is a very simple action that will do in most cases. No data on any device will be lost. Did anyone execute this before backing up, deleting and reinstalling anything?
    The issue with me wasn't the credentials with twitter as I was able to use Blaq. The issue was with the native twitter app. For the native twitter app to work, you have to create the account within the phone's account section and it wasn't letting me do that. As a result, when I launched the native twitter app, it gave me an error message stating that the account wasn't set up.

When I tried to create the account, it didn?t even give me the option to select twitter. Once I did the security wipe, all was good, and I could finally select twitter in the accounts section in the phone and set it up. I don't know if this is the same issue as the other person is having, but that was my issue. And it stemmed from when I did the device switch from my Z10 to the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 08:38 AM
    The issue with me wasn't the credentials with twitter as I was able to use Blaq. The issue was with the native twitter app.
    The issue I described above is related to the Twitter account and the app and the device. You get a pair of internal keys for that. Probably your once created old keys got onto your new device by some data import. But on the new device this won't work anymore.
    For the native twitter app to work, you have to create the account within the phone's account section
    The only thing you have to do on the phone is to declare what existing Twitter account you want to use. This is the moment when the keys are created and registered (on the Twitter server and on the device). From that moment on they are known on both sides and can be validated.
    and it wasn't letting me do that. As a result, when I launched the native twitter app, it gave me an error message stating that the account wasn't set up.
    Just delete any old stuff related to your Twitter client apps in your Twitter account on the Twitter website. This can be done in half a minute. If you have done this your app (doesn't matter which one) will lead you surely to set up the account.
    Once I did the security wipe, all was good,
    This is just the very hard way to remove the keys from your device. If on one side (either the Twitter server or the client app) no keys are found a new pair of keys is generated and registered.
    jaiskywalk likes this.
    03-20-14 09:25 AM
    The issue I described above is related to the Twitter account and the app and the device. You get a pair of internal keys for that. Probably your once created old keys got onto your new device by some data import. But on the new device this won't work anymore.
    The only thing you have to do on the phone is to declare what existing Twitter account you want to use. This is the moment when the keys are created and registered (on the Twitter server and on the device). From that moment on they are known on both sides and can be validated.
    Just delete any old stuff related to your Twitter client apps in your Twitter account on the Twitter website. This can be done in half a minute. If you have done this your app (doesn't matter which one) will lead you surely to set up the account.
    This is just the very hard way to remove the keys from your device. If on one side (either the Twitter server or the client app) no keys are found a new pair of keys is generated and registered.
    I did the whole "delete any old stuff related to twitter clients" from the website. Still no go. For me, wiping is an absolute last resort. And yes, I'm having the exact same problem the person stated above. It just won't give me Twitter as an option for an account set up. The problem is: when it leads me to the account set up, it goes back to the main accounts set up for my phone in which Twitter is not a choice.

03-20-14 09:55 AM
    I did the whole "delete any old stuff related to twitter clients" from the website. Still no go. For me, wiping is an absolute last resort. And yes, I'm having the exact same problem the person stated above. It just won't give me Twitter as an option for an account set up. The problem is: when it leads me to the account set up, it goes back to the main accounts set up for my phone in which Twitter is not a choice.

UPDATE: I tried it again and it worked. Deleted any connected clients from my settings on the twitter website. Thanks! I'm a happy camper.

03-20-14 11:13 AM