WhatsApp is aggressively supporting BB10, something not a lot of CrackBerry members appreciate.

The software isn't some cheap port, it works really really well. A lot of thought was put into it.

I'm still new here, when I joined, I asked about Whatsapp and was encouraged to stay away from it.

I also notice that most people on here say things like "well when BBM went cross platform, I said goodbye to Whatsapp"

Let's be honest, aside from the security flaws that Whatsapp may have (and BBM may or may not have as well), Whatsapp destroys BBM as a piece of software.

When BBM went cross platform, I converted ALL my friends. They used it on iOS and Android, the software sucked so much they all went back to Whatsapp.

Then BBM 2.0 is released, surely this has fixed all the issues I thought. I once again ask my friends to switch, this time less than half do because they didn't wanna go through what they did on 1.0. Once again, it still isn't great. They don't receive messages unless they open up the BBM app. Also other bugs. Still a bad experience.

So I just gave up and downloaded Whatsapp. I'm really impressed by how fluid the software is.

On BB10, here's a very simple issue on BBM, why they hell does the BBM notification sound keep going off even though I'm inside of the conversation, I can see it. How long do we have to wait for BB to fix this?

My advice to CrackBerry members, go take a look at MacRumors. You'll notice how whenever Apple introduces a crap product, or has limited features, the MacRumors members scramble a team of lawyers defending how "great" this crap is.

BB users should be worried about function. Stop blindingly defending BB and let's all be honest.

Whatsapp on BB10 is a much greater software than BBM on BB10. There, I'm honest with my unpopular opinion.

BB needs to bring up their game on BBM and produce a better software, especially for iOS and Android.
    03-13-14 12:05 AM
    *crickets*

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 12:52 AM
    Nope.

I prefer bbm.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 12:59 AM
    Whatsapp is a very good app, I agree.

posted with my BlackBerry Z30
    jrdba, RyanGermann and xales like this.
    03-13-14 01:02 AM
    I completely agree with you OP. Please Black Berrian do not fool yourself. Whatsapp is much practical and easy to use especially on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 01:04 AM
    You have your opinion, OP.... others have theirs. the condescending nature of your post is sure to draw retaliation, so I would take it down a notch, if I were you, unless you're looking for an argument.

BBM works great, with new features being added all the time. It doesn't invade your contact list, and it is far more secure than Whatsapp. Those things may not be important to you, but it is to others.

Just sayin.

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    03-13-14 01:08 AM
    Many, including myself, don't use Whatsapp not because we're in denial or biased, but simply because we don't like it as well as BBM .

My experience and opinion are different than yours. BBM is fluid and simple for me and it's not the battery drain I experienced Whatsapp to be. Many simply find BBM to be the better experience for them, no conspiracies going against Whatsapp.

I'm constantly amazed by the attitude of some people when an opinion of theirs isn't shared, the dissenters become automatically "in denial ". Whatsapp obviously works for you. That's great and I'm happy for you. It doesn't for me and I expect the same respect for my opinion as I give yours. Live long and prosper.
    - Don't you kno BBM on cross platform is not real time .. like BBM on BB to BB?? seriously?? I use both BBM and Whatsapp .. and BBM blows Whatsapp out of the water any day on any given hour
    No screen share.
    No video.
    No Glympse.
    No thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 01:12 AM
    I use everything. Some people prefer viber, to chat with those people, I use viber. Some prefer WhatsApp, no biggy, I'm happy to be flexible. Some prefer BBM. The bottom line is that some messenger apps are more fluid than others but we can use them all. Personally, I prefer BBM but WhatsApp comes a close second.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    TrueKulcha, mk2234, NinjaB and 1 others like this.
    03-13-14 01:44 AM
    No R and D? No thx

Nice try with the checkmarks though, fooled everyone

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 01:59 AM
    Bbm when used bb to bb blows whatsapp out of the water. It is still incomplete by far on other platforms but itll get there. If you havent heard the hd audio over bbm yet u gotta try it. I prefer it now than using the phone!!

Posted via Blackberry Q10
    03-13-14 02:03 AM
    I use Whatsapp and BBM. I use BBM a lot. Like all day long kind of a lot. I last used whatsapp February 21st. Not that I don't like it, or that I am in denial or think it's bad, it's a good app. But it's not even in the same ball park as BBM.

I also find people who don't have BBM quite often just text me rather than use Whatsapp. I don't know why but I do the same thing. I really only use Whatsapp if someone else starts the convo.

As for BBM on my Z30 and previously on my Z10, anyone who tried it loved it. And some of those people now have their own Z30/Z10s after having the 'full tour'. BBM didn't convince them to switch, but it helped.

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha and wincyUt like this.
    03-13-14 02:14 AM
    Bbm when used bb to bb blows whatsapp out of the water. It is still incomplete by far on other platforms but itll get there. If you havent heard the hd audio over bbm yet u gotta try it. I prefer it now than using the phone!!

Posted via Blackberry Q10
    Yep what a shame it's no where as good as on BlackBerry. Oh well, good thing I'm on a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 02:30 AM
    I never liked Whatsapp. I downloaded it and kept it in my phone for months, but rarely used it. The UI wasnt impressive, it looks boring and dull. Although, i do appreciate the dev for the continuously support of BB10. But one reason why its " aggressively supporting " BB10 is simply so it can steal some BBM users.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    03-13-14 02:37 AM
    Whatsapp on BB10 is a much greater software than BBM on BB10. There, I'm honest with my unpopular opinion.
    Well, u can't say others are not honest by saying the opposite.
    I ll say whatsapp on BB10 is a much greater app than BBM on android/ios.

But for saying that it is better than BBM IN BB10?!... hm... are you kidding?
    Feature-wise or performance-wise??

Well I know several things that whatsapp can't do but BBM can.
    - video call, screen sharing
    - priority Hub

The only thing that I wish BBM can, is to send multiple photos.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-13-14 02:38 AM
    I could care less about Android and iOS users and BBM. If BlackBerry can't get it working so it automatically runs in the background then too bad so sad for Android and iOS users, if they really want to run in the background then they need to start using a BlackBerry device. I also have the WhatsApp and I am not impressed with it. But one thing for sure is BBM is far more secure than WhatsApp will ever be.
    03-13-14 02:47 AM
    whatsapp has done what BBM should have done cross plaform, it adapted to BB10, thing that BBM did not do at all.

OP is right!
    03-13-14 02:51 AM
    Why are there so many posts like this comparing whatsapp And BBM? Why don't you people compare the features of BBM over whatsapp? BBM has features that you can't find in whatsapp and yet you again here to complain. Why not use the voice call of BBM if your message is undelivered?

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and Thesmartmale like this.
    03-13-14 03:13 AM
    I completely agree.. was going to say this too

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 03:15 AM
    The only reason I use whatsapp now is because of some people not on bbm. While I stopped using skype as bbm gives me better clarity in voice calling. Bbm also tells me who read my msg and also who ignored after reading. Bbm compared to whatsapp is faster and you know how it works on iPhone? If you are not connected to net, you cant even send or type any msg. Where as in BlackBerry you can send it but shall go thru once net is connected

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 03:40 AM
    I still think BBM is better than WhatsApp, but WhatsApp's latest update have improvements in areas that I like which is additional options and settings. However I still HATE (and this is very important to me) how all people who have my phone number can see me or know if I use WhatsApp, and can freely test messaging me.
    03-13-14 03:43 AM
    I still think BBM is better than WhatsApp, but WhatsApp's latest update have improvements in areas that I like which is additional options and settings. However I still HATE (and this is very important to me) how all people who have my phone number can see me or know if I use WhatsApp, and can freely test messaging me.
    Roger that! I use WhatsApp as an alternative to texting but BBM is more for trusted contacts. Or for those who I don't want to have my phone number lol.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    03-13-14 03:46 AM
    You have your opinion, OP.... others have theirs. the condescending nature of your post is sure to draw retaliation, so I would take it down a notch, if I were you, unless you're looking for an argument.

BBM works great, with new features being added all the time. It doesn't invade your contact list, and it is far more secure than Whatsapp. Those things may not be important to you, but it is to others.

Just sayin.

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    Apologies, I did not intend to be condensing .

To be clear, I really hope BBM catches up on all platforms. I'm not a fan of Whatsapp, but felt that the obvious needed to be stated. It is a good product.
    03-13-14 04:00 AM
    Unfortunately BBM has lots of issues on iOS. It has already been reported several times that iOS shuts down BBM automatically when the app is inactive for a certain time. That's why iOS users, unaware of this problem, don't receive any messages.on BBM. This kind of weird "bug" or whatever should be addressed asap and in a professional way. I do hope this will work out soon and that BB will port videocall on BBM for iOS and Android in the very near future. Once this step will be taken I think that BBM will blast Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime out of the water.
    03-13-14 04:02 AM
260 123 ...