Since AT&T has no Z30 and no 10.2.1, I demanded they unlock my BlackBerry's, especially since I paid full price for them, and this was the agreement we came too. They were aware that it was only going to be done for the purpose of updating the software. Turns out they now won't let me unlock my BlackBerry's, because they are under contract still, but my iPhone is also under contract with them still and they unlocked that one. So, now no one will give me any answers.

So, now I will have to seek third party unlocking for my BlackBerry's on AT&T, and will definitely be switching to Verizon now as soon as the phones are unlocked.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone
    03-12-14 02:55 AM
    Did you ask to speak to a manager? They will do everything to discourage you and if you threaten to leave, they release you.
    03-12-14 03:01 AM
    But if you switch to verizon you have to get another Z10 as ATT Z10 doesn't have Verizon bands
    03-12-14 04:46 AM
    Did you ask to speak to a manager? They will do everything to discourage you and if you threaten to leave, they release you.
    I actually had to get my lawyers involved to work out this deal, so this went much higher than a manager. No one would talk to just me. When my lawyers threatened lawsuit they finally acknowledged us. Obviously, AT&T has decided not to hold up their end of the agreement.

03-12-14 10:51 AM
    But if you switch to verizon you have to get another Z10 as ATT Z10 doesn't have Verizon bands
    I know. I would get a Z30 at Verizon, but since I paid full price for my AT&T Z10's and I will now be leaving AT&T, I still want them unlocked. I at least want to be able to put another carrier's SIM in. I don't want it locked to AT&T when I'm not with AT&T anymore. If they are compatible with T-Mobile I may move them over their and use them as a second phone, and use my Verizon Z30 as my primary phone.

03-12-14 10:58 AM
    They told me if I would pay early termination fee they would provide the code for my Z10. Otherwise i could not get it even though I was going out of the country. I used company off the internet

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 11:18 AM
    Since AT&T has no Z30 and no 10.2.1, I demanded they unlock my BlackBerry's, especially since I paid full price for them, and this was the agreement we came too. They were aware that it was only going to be done for the purpose of updating the software. Turns out they now won't let me unlock my BlackBerry's, because they are under contract still, but my iPhone is also under contract with them still and they unlocked that one. So, now no one will give me any answers.

So, now I will have to seek third party unlocking for my BlackBerry's on AT&T, and will definitely be switching to Verizon now as soon as the phones are unlocked.

Your phone can be unlocked by AT&T if you paid full price. If you paid the promotional price with 2 year contract that does not apply. Ask to speak with manager if you paid Retail Price and they will unlock

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 11:30 AM
    Don't need to be unlocked to update the os. I am not surprised they refused to unlock based on that reasoning

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    03-12-14 11:32 AM
    Yea I gave up on ATT updating software. Locked Z10 on ATT. I followed recent post for 10.2.1 non official update. Simple quick done 30 minutes, restored 10.1 backup, BAM... I am now on 10.2.1.2102 software with all my data & apps + the new stuff!! Crackberry and community rock... Thanks!!!
    03-12-14 11:55 AM
    My problem with 10.2.1 is that I no receive MMS text messages, and would my updated contacts since December if I go back to 10.1.

Uggh.
    03-12-14 01:00 PM
    What do you mean you don't get mms messages?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 11:07 PM
    Don't need to be unlocked to update the os. I am not surprised they refused to unlock based on that reasoning

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    It's needs to be unlocked. Unless the update is being done by AT&T or you want to load a leak that voids warranty

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 11:51 PM
    Text messages with images attached. It's been broken since 10.2.1 on my phone. Any texts that are sent to me (and multiple users) don't work either
    03-17-14 12:31 PM
    That's weird, I upgraded to 10.2 yesterday, and when I first sent out a text message w picture in it, it almost seemed as if it didn't want to transmit the pic, but it did eventually. I resent it several times and eventually they all went through.

Posted via Z10 10.2
    03-17-14 07:10 PM