I want to know what deferences between dev alpha and normal q10 z30 ets. pls tell me someone

BHiNDER
    03-12-14 01:31 AM
    I want to know what deferences between dev alpha and normal q10 z30 ets. pls tell me someone

BHiNDER

Dev Alpha devices were meant to be distributed to software and hardware developers so they could test their proposed BB10-compatible products with them.

The Dev Alpha "A" was made available to developers before the first end-user BB10 devices were publicly available, to give developers a device to test on. It is similiar to a Z10 but with less memory and an uglier external casing.

The Dev Alpha "B" was essentially identical to the STL100-1 (non-LTE) variation of the Z10, with an uglier external casing and (I think) only 1GB (instead of 2GB) RAM.

The Dev Alpha "C" was similiar to the GSM Q10 model, but with an uglier external casing.

I have heard of a Dev Alpha "D", but I don't know what that is, or if it even exists.
    03-12-14 01:45 AM
    Dev Alpha devices were meant to be distributed to software and hardware developers so they could test their proposed BB10-compatible products with them.

The Dev Alpha "A" was made available to developers before the first end-user BB10 devices were publicly available, to give developers a device to test on. It is similiar to a Z10 but with less memory and an uglier external casing.

The Dev Alpha "B" was essentially identical to the STL100-1 (non-LTE) variation of the Z10, with an uglier external casing and (I think) only 1GB (instead of 2GB) RAM.

The Dev Alpha "C" was similiar to the GSM Q10 model, but with an uglier external casing.

I have heard of a Dev Alpha "D", but I don't know what that is, or if it even exists.
    Dev Alpha D exist. It's the one with the gesture based 3 row keypad.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 01:54 AM
    I'd wondered if these devices run a fixed debugging OS. Is that the case?
    They (from what I understand) have Property of Research in Motion on them.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    03-12-14 02:02 AM
    I'd wondered if these devices run a fixed debugging OS. Is that the case?
    There are OS updates made for them periodically. I think some of them can just run regular OS's. (ie the Dev Alpha B is almost identical to an STL100-1, with the possible exception of RAM size)
    bennelong likes this.
    03-12-14 02:11 AM