Looking at one of these units...

Universal QI Wireless Charging Charger Receiver Pad Coil for micro USB mobile Free Shipping-in Chargers & Docks from Electronics on Aliexpress.com

or something similar.

Curious if anyone has tried one, and how well it worked.
    03-11-14 10:10 AM
    I've tried them on other phones and they invariably work. But they bulge the rear cover no matter how thin they are. Another thing to consider is there are no exposed charging contacts under the cover. So I have no idea how they'd make connection to charge.

Edit - aha. There is a cable to make connection to the USB port. Yuck. So you need to file a notch to pass the cable out or something. Since the USB port is on the side, hopefully they have one that mounts the cable in such a way that it's usable.
    03-11-14 10:30 AM
    Doesn't the Z30 support wireless charging using a builtin coil?

Flicked out via Zed10
    03-12-14 08:47 PM
    Nope.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    03-12-14 09:00 PM
    The Verizon version of the Z30 has built-in wireless charging. I use the Tylt Vu Qi wireless charger with mine and it is awesome!
    03-12-14 09:30 PM
    Last time I checked, a few weeks ago, all thin Qi coils were designed specifically for smartphones that have the microUSB port located either at the top-notch of the phone or at the bottom.

In my opinion it I'll not work for the Z or Q series.

Besides I read that for the Samsung Galaxy that coil interacts negatively with the NFC antenna. It may be the same with the Z30 (Qi coil between the NFC antenna and the NFC tag) and with the Z10 (NFC antenna between the Qi coil and the Qi charger).

Plus the fact that the microUSB port cannot be used It hour removing the backdoor and removing the coil (even worse if you have a case).

Buyers beware.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 05:04 AM