Sorry guys, I had the curve then went to the iphone and bought the bold last night to give it a run through. Its being returned tonight.

1) Browser-This is an improvement? It seems just as lame as the one that I had on my curve. Can someone explian how I can get a 413 error message (page is too large) trying to access crackberry.com???????
    2) Screen-Yes, its nice, but really, its not that nice. Also, are you supposed to see waves of liquid coming fromt he edges with the slightest bit of pressure?
    3) Size-this thing is a monstrosity. Build quality is ok. Feels pretty cheap to me.
    4) GPS-Is GPS locked down? I tried using it with Live Search and no dice. Would not pick up my position.
    5) A2DP-Just as choppy as on my curve. Songs start stuttering and the music degrades to the point of being unrecognizable. It does work with video now, which is nice.
    6) OS-This is the same exact OS as was on my curve. Yes, its pretty. Wow. Lipstick on a pig is what keeps coming to mind (not becuase the BB OS is a pig, it just seems this new os is simply cosmetic).
    7) Track ball-Way to small, way to choppy. This may be my particular device, but I am getting a audible burp when I move the trackball above and beyond the clicking I have the device set too.

Im going back the Iphone. It may not have copy/paste, voice dial and mms, but its one sweet machine.

Flame on.
    11-07-08 07:03 AM
    You think the Bold quality is cheap and your going to an iPhone?.....

'nuff said.
    11-07-08 07:09 AM
    Sorry guys, I had the curve then went to the iphone and bought the bold last night to give it a run through. Its being returned tonight.

1) Browser-This is an improvement? It seems just as lame as the one that I had on my curve. Can someone explian how I can get a 413 error message (page is too large) trying to access crackberry.com???????
    2) Screen-Yes, its nice, but really, its not that nice. Also, are you supposed to see waves of liquid coming fromt he edges with the slightest bit of pressure?
    3) Size-this thing is a monstrosity. Build quality is ok. Feels pretty cheap to me.
    4) GPS-Is GPS locked down? I tried using it with Live Search and no dice. Would not pick up my position.
    5) A2DP-Just as choppy as on my curve. Songs start stuttering and the music degrades to the point of being unrecognizable. It does work with video now, which is nice.
    6) OS-This is the same exact OS as was on my curve. Yes, its pretty. Wow. Lipstick on a pig is what keeps coming to mind (not becuase the BB OS is a pig, it just seems this new os is simply cosmetic).
    7) Track ball-Way to small, way to choppy. This may be my particular device, but I am getting a audible burp when I move the trackball above and beyond the clicking I have the device set too.

Im going back the Iphone. It may not have copy/paste, voice dial and mms, but its one sweet machine.

Flame on.
    I have the curve and Iphone 3g, and just got the bold. #7 is the same for me, You hear a chirp when rolling the choppy ball. In addition, the browser is really no different and at times does not seem any faster. I like th build, but the email fonts I find hard to read. Yes count me in, I have even the dreaded "hourglass action going on" My am I getting memory leaks? It seems the bold has a special area set asside for apps, so it the curve all over again.
    11-07-08 07:15 AM
    You think the Bold quality is cheap and your going to an iPhone?.....

'nuff said.
    Come on dude. the iphone is a built like a rock.
    11-07-08 07:18 AM
    Just maybe your phone. I have none of those problems with mine. Now I did get and uncaught expeption yesterday. After doing a battery pull seems fine.
    11-07-08 07:24 AM

Flame on.
    1. BB has never been know for it's browser, get the Storm if you want a decent browser. Also visit wap.crackberry.com, it works much better.

2. I have seen the liquid thing once or twice, but it's not really that big of a deal to me.

3. It's really not that big, maybe coming from the curve, but I had the 8830WE

4. I can't test out the GPS as my device is having issues registering with the network, but I have read that it works fine. Have you tried Google Maps (make sure you have your service books and have registered the device)

5. I haven't tried A2DP.

6. You can put OS 4.6 on the Curve? I thought it was only OS 4.5

7. It took a few minutes to get used to the trackball, I do wish it sat up a little higher though.

I don't think the build quality is that bad. I had an iPhone, one drop and you can crack your screen. I had the iPhone, it is missing way to many features that a "smartphone" should have when it comes out of the box. You have to jailbreak to do 3/4 of what the BB Bold does.
    11-07-08 07:25 AM
    It's too early for jokes... seriously.

I had an iPhone for about two days until I realized it was for little girls.

Blackberry's are for MEN.
    11-07-08 07:39 AM
    You've lost your mind.
    11-07-08 07:41 AM
    You've lost your mind.
    This is a BB forum and not a apple fan boy forum...

**** even my girlfriend wouldn't be caught with an iPhone.

To each his own... you got rid of it so I don't see why you hanging out at a BB forum.... MOVE ON...
    11-07-08 07:43 AM
    This is a BB forum and not a apple fan boy forum...

**** even my girlfriend wouldn't be caught with an iPhone.

To each his own... you got rid of it so I don't see why you hanging out at a BB forum.... MOVE ON...

Im posting about by BB in a blackberry forum. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

You move on.
    11-07-08 07:49 AM
    I still have a BB... you don't....

Poser...
    11-07-08 07:50 AM
    I still have a BB... you don't....

Poser...
    My bold is in my hand. My curve is home. I have two, you have one. You lose.
    11-07-08 07:54 AM
    wap.crackberry.com,
    11-07-08 07:56 AM
    Blackberries are the best when it comes to a communication device.

The only thing an iphone can do better is browsing.
    11-07-08 08:00 AM
    My bold is in my hand. My curve is home. I have two, you have one. You lose.
    I have the 9000, 8220, and a 8110....

awww...
    11-07-08 08:02 AM
    Does anyone now if i can buy a bold from ATT and unlock it and take it to Verizon????
    11-07-08 08:10 AM
    I have the 9000, 8220, and a 8110....

awww...
    All right, you win on that one.
    11-07-08 08:12 AM
    I am sorry that you feel that way about the Bold. I came from a Curve and iPhone and I believe that the Bold is the finest BB to date. It is evolutionary and I think that is the best way that BB could have gone especially for the Business Market. I felt right at home with the Bold and got to work with no loss of time. Maybe the Storm would be better for you. Maybe they will make a Storm with a slide out keyboard one day and that would make you happy. For me I am sticking with the Bold and loving every minute with it.
    11-07-08 08:14 AM
    Does anyone now if i can buy a bold from ATT and unlock it and take it to Verizon????
    No. Two different technologies. CDMA vs GSM.
    11-07-08 08:14 AM
    thats sucks thanks
    11-07-08 08:16 AM
    I am sorry that you feel that way about the Bold. I came from a Curve and iPhone and I believe that the Bold is the finest BB to date. It is evolutionary and I think that is the best way that BB could have gone especially for the Business Market. I felt right at home with the Bold and got to work with no loss of time. Maybe the Storm would be better for you. Maybe they will make a Storm with a slide out keyboard one day and that would make you happy. For me I am sticking with the Bold and loving every minute with it.
    Im glad you like it, if you love the BB platform I can see why you would be happy. It is evolutionary where I was hoping for revolutionary. Perhaps I was overly optomisitic.
    11-07-08 08:17 AM
    I have none of the issues you describe, garment - not even the screen jiggle thing. And I can get onto Crackberry no problem, no errors, no delays. It's really intereting to me how many different experiences people are having.

Oh and I love the size of it - feels perfect in my hands.

Anyway, you gotta get the device that works for you. And you were right to post here about your experiences. Don't undertand why people lose their minds when some criticisms appear here. It's the right forum for it.

Enjoy the iPhone. Personally, I can't stand it. But you gotta find your own thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 08:21 AM
    That's why there so many complaining of the plastic housing cracking, poor 3G performance, browser crashing, light leaks ect.... Well Mr.Jobs I guess you cant please everyone? Former iPhone 3G owner here by the way
    Last edited by JD914; 11-07-08 at 08:26 AM.
    11-07-08 08:22 AM
    Yeah I'm having serious memory leaks that I didn't see on the curve, I did a battery pull last night @ 7pm had 41mb, about 11pm with having done nothing but browse a little bit & stream a little CV I had 32mb, a little more browsing later @ 12:30am I had 21mb, then after going to bed , wake up at 6am I had 13mb, this is pissing me off, is anyone else having these memory leaks this bad, also I have NOTHING installed except the cb launcher, idk I do wanna check out the new Htc fuze, I may take back the bold....IDK

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 08:24 AM
    That's why there so many complaining of the plastic housing cracking and light leaks ect.... Former iPhone 3G owner here by the way
    Yeah that was all over the forums when I had mine.

It just wasn't me. The Bold is great. I just can't get it to register with the network, but yet I can get phone calls and browse the web and watch CV - :P
    11-07-08 08:24 AM
187 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD