Hi all,
    I hope you can help me with a series of problems that I started having on friday with my Z10.

At first I wasn't receiving any email. I restarted the phone, and it took ages (about 30 min) but then everything was fine again.

Then the next day my phone started to overheat, and now the battery won't last more than 2 hours, it keeps overheating, I am not receiving any email (though I still see the ones that I send from my computer) and facebook notifications won't open from the hub, but only if I start the app.

The only changes I can think of are the fact that I went abroad, and that I changed the settings of the sync period of my mails to forever.

Any tip?
    Last edited by mmarta; 03-10-14 at 03:07 PM.
    03-10-14 03:57 AM
    You could try re-adding your email accounts first.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    03-10-14 04:33 AM
    Thanks, it seems to be working for now!
    I'll see how it goes with the battery issue and the overheating...
    03-10-14 09:21 AM
    No, after a few hours the problems are back - not receiving emails, phone overheating, battery dead 3 hours after I charged it to 100%...
    03-10-14 02:40 PM
    I just checked and saw that my PIM Services are operating at 50% - I'm trying to update the software now...
    03-10-14 03:21 PM
    Right after Christmas I went in a little mini vacation. Noticed on the first day my FB notifications weren't working. This wasn't a big deal for me, kind of ignored it. Then two days later I was in Costco, noticed my phone was suddenly wicked hot and the battery had drained. I turned it off, swapped batteries. The second battery got very hot.

Then suddenly three days worth of FB notifications came through and the phone returned to normal. Hasn't done it since.

Your phone sounds like it is doing what mine did that day. Uninstall then reinstall FB maybe?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 03:26 PM
    The more I look at it, the more it seems like a conflict between my email account and the phone
    I deleted the account, checked the system, everything looked ok and the battery was charging fine.
    I readded it, back to the start: PIM services at 40%, phone overheated, battery charging very very slowly....

Help?
    03-10-14 04:37 PM
    I had this problem as well. Is your email a corporate email? (not gmail etc.)
    If so, most likely your business is essentially "pushing security settings".
    My company didn't allow push notifications from social apps and lock screen settings were pushed to 2 minutes and anytime i went against this, it caused overheating, mass notifications etc.

I no longer have my corporate email in my hub, but have a link to the online sign in on my home screen.
    I have to login anytime I want to see my emails, but it was worth it.
    03-10-14 04:48 PM
    Yes, it's a corporate email.
    This morning everything seems back to normal, PIM services at 0,3%, battery at 95% with 1d5h left, no overheating.
    Fingers crossed!
    03-11-14 04:45 AM
    Yes, it's a corporate email.
    This morning everything seems back to normal, PIM services at 0,3%, battery at 95% with 1d5h left, no overheating.
    Fingers crossed!
    The overheating issue is related to your PIM services operating at 50%, probably because of the said corporate email conflict. By the way, glad to see it sorted out.
    03-11-14 07:32 AM
    Right after Christmas I went in a little mini vacation. Noticed on the first day my FB notifications weren't working. This wasn't a big deal for me, kind of ignored it. Then two days later I was in Costco, noticed my phone was suddenly wicked hot and the battery had drained. I turned it off, swapped batteries. The second battery got very hot.

Then suddenly three days worth of FB notifications came through and the phone returned to normal. Hasn't done it since.

Your phone sounds like it is doing what mine did that day. Uninstall then reinstall FB maybe?

Posted via CB10
    This happened to me when I was in Greece. Phone was very hot and battery was draining very quickly so I plugged it in to charge. Needless to say there was no more birthdays for that z10 of mine. I was super pissed cause I was just on day 4 of my three week vacation.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 08:55 AM