How many times I have to say that the only way for blackberry to start selling again phones is to use Android in all new phones.

Look at Nokia they released new phones with Android.

As I say before a blackberry with Android will be a very nice phone because you can have a physical keyboard, bbm, encrypted Mail and messages, and other exclusive opciones that only blackberry phones can have.

Also it could be nice to have a phone with only a screen with a digital keyboard.

This is the last time I will type this type of messages, if blackberry don't understand that the only solution is Android I don't care any more.

I have an iPhone 5S but I see that Android is very good and it is the only way for blackberry to start selling phones again.

* Before I also say that blackberry has to buy whatsapp because they could keep the users that have changed from blackberry to other phones, as you can see Facebook has already buy whatsapp for a lot of money and now this option is out.
    03-08-14 10:46 PM
    No it isn't

Have you seen the Android market lately? Too much competition for BlackBerry, they would get lost in the crowd
    Also, they have invested a lot of cash, time and work into BlackBerry 10 and a transition to Android would cost them a lot again.
    Last, they have a lot of costumers that stay , especially enterprise users, because it isn't Android that BlackBerry sells.

Nokia only released the Nokia X to further help lure people to Windows Phone in emerging markets. It is basically a low-cost Android device with a full Windows Phone layout and all the apps you would want and instead of Google services, you get Microsoft services. They also have Microsoft backing them in it now, so they have the cash to pull it off. It's a step stool that helps them pull in even more users, kinda genius imo.

Posted via CB10
    tjseaman likes this.
    03-08-14 11:00 PM
    No thanks. If I wanted a full Android phone I wouldn't buy a BlackBerry. I love BB10 and the ultra smooth UI and not a fan of Android UI.

Probably the main reason I have very few Android apps as I prefer the built for BlackBerry native apps so much more.

But hey, that's just my opinion. Others may differ.

Posted via CB10 "? Powered by BlackBerry "
    Korr Valmoria likes this.
    03-08-14 11:02 PM
    OP, no offense, it seem there is a reason that you still use iPhone while posting this. If you are using Z30, you might have a different opinion.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 11:19 PM
    An Android with a Blackberry logo is just an Android and not a Blackberry at all.
    03-08-14 11:28 PM
    OP never used bb10 ...it's the reason for the illogical idea.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 11:31 PM
    ...let's not forget the numerous Android phones with physical keyboards - sliders and BlackBerry-esque alike - already in the market.

But this makes one wonder...why all the effort to bash BlackBerry? I mean, if they are in fact an endangered species why spend any ounce of effort stating the obvious or spending ridiculous amounts of money convincing people to switch? Aside from trying to make quotas, are people perhaps envious of a superior product but are too addicted to "app" life and to worried about "looking cool" to switch?
    03-08-14 11:41 PM
    Andorid phones can be nice but the os is such garbage compared to BlackBerry 10. I would rather see companies like HTC use bb10. I don't need google creeping on me all day long... no thanks..

Posted via CB10
    kg4icg likes this.
    03-08-14 11:59 PM
    Getting annoyed....

BB10 is far, and I mean far superior to android devices. I have used several but I have a lot of use with the flagship android. My wife has an S4. And though it's a nice device, I use it and she uses my Z30. We both agree the Z30 isn't just better, it's SUPERIOR.

Don't agree? Keep using ur inferior android or itard phone. And don't bother pulling the fanboy crap with me. I used an iPhone 5 for a month. It wasn't half the phone my 9810 was and I returned it and went back to my 9810 while waiting for the Z10. And the z10 puts I5 to shame in phone speed, browsing and every other thing it does. But wait, iPhone has more fart apps than BlackBerry. So ya....

As for the S4, great device. Fantastic. I really, really like it, but again, not as good as the Z30. Its slower. Its gimmicky. It has things kids would like. I'm not a kid.

And that's that.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 12:43 AM
    I'm happy with the latest BB10 release, android? No thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 12:49 AM
    This topic again? Please do give up.

The point you are missing is that BlackBerry is more of a software company than a hardware company. The operating system is what makes BlackBerry BlackBerry.

Do you get it yet?

If you put Android on it, it's not a BlackBerry anymore. It's just another Android. And what's worse, the people who hate BlackBerry still aren't going to buy it and the BlackBerry faithful, who are still here after all this time, they're not going to want it either.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-09-14 01:00 AM
    Getting annoyed....

BB10 is far, and I mean far superior to android devices. I have used several but I have a lot of use with the flagship android. My wife has an S4. And though it's a nice device, I use it and she uses my Z30. We both agree the Z30 isn't just better, it's SUPERIOR.

Don't agree? Keep using ur inferior android or itard phone. And don't bother pulling the fanboy crap with me. I used an iPhone 5 for a month. It wasn't half the phone my 9810 was and I returned it and went back to my 9810 while waiting for the Z10. And the z10 puts I5 to shame in phone speed, browsing and every other thing it does. But wait, iPhone has more fart apps than BlackBerry. So ya....

As for the S4, great device. Fantastic. I really, really like it, but again, not as good as the Z30. Its slower. Its gimmicky. It has things kids would like. I'm not a kid.

And that's that.

Posted via CB10
    Yet you sound just like a kid with your vocabulary.

Choice is good everyone.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-09-14 08:16 AM
    All new BlackBerry phones do "use Android." My Z30 runs Android apps quite well, but I choose not to use that feature.

I am confident in saying that 90+ percent of people who use BlackBerry 10 as their daily driver for a week will never want to go back to iOS or Android. The problem is that the relentless attacks against BlackBerry in the media plus sales clerks actively steering people away from it. If more people tried it, nobody would want the old-school OSes. Pretty sure the competition knows this too.
    03-09-14 08:22 AM
    Consider BlackBerry's target market, product orientation, however you want to classify it. Even Samsung's money and KNOX let alone anyone else who has tried to secure Android have been too extremely successful. I really don't see how Android would benefit BlackBerry if their primary target is NOT the same market Android is aimed at. Personally I don't feel Android is capable of fitting BlackBerry's desired security offerings given the very design of the OS but that statement is strictly my own opinion. As for the right here and now, I can't see why it would make sense unless they decided to focus far more on consumer offerings and less on enterprise.

And in all fairness, there are some people who buy BlackBerry specifically because it is something else instead of Android.
    03-09-14 08:26 AM