Happen quite often that i use my Z10 in hotspot mode, but unfortunately the mobile operator i quite quick to cut the connection speed making it very unusable to worthless. So, is there an app or a trick to hide when the phone is used as AP?
    Thanx
    03-07-14 05:49 PM
    There's a thread in the BBOS section where this was being attempted. The basic principles behind it are to trick the carrier into thinking all data has come from the phones Web browser / apps.

AFAIK, it still doesn't work very reliability, if at all. I would see about changing plans or carrier to one where tethering is allowed. I can't speak for your area, but it's included in data plans for almost all the carriers here without additional cost?
    03-07-14 06:07 PM
    Live in Brazil and tether plans are crazy expensive. I was wondering if any android app can get the job done.....
    03-07-14 06:23 PM
    Load June networks Pdanet for android and use the bluetooth option -- it works.

Posted via CB10
    Jesus Quintana likes this.
    03-07-14 06:28 PM
    Live in Brazil and tether plans are crazy expensive. I was wondering if any android app can get the job done.....
    One has been suggested above that may be of use if your devices are connecting via Bluetooth. Read this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ghlight=Tether

That's the (long) discussion about how to do it without Android. May be of some use, and can use WIFI?
    Jesus Quintana likes this.
    03-07-14 06:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanx mate, just done it this way and so long working as a charm.......let's see in the next few days if any slows by carrier.
    03-07-14 07:05 PM
    One has been suggested above that may be of use if your devices are connecting via Bluetooth. Read this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ghlight=Tether

That's the (long) discussion about how to do it without Android. May be of some use, and can use WIFI?
    Yep, saw the e-screens way and looks quite tricky......looks like pdanet is doin the job flawlessly.
    cheers
    03-07-14 07:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Tried doing that from their mobile website page (http://junefabrics.com/bb) and when I click the Install link, I got a page full of code. How did you install it? Sideload?
    Any way to hide tethering?-img_20140313_111641.png

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 10:17 AM
    Tried doing that from their mobile website page (http://junefabrics.com/bb) and when I click the Install link, I got a page full of code. How did you install it? Sideload?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140313_111641.png 
Views:	557 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	254822

Posted via CB10
    That's a BBOS app, not BB10, sorry!

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    03-13-14 10:20 AM
    So where do I find it?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 10:48 AM
    Got it with Snap, look for pdanet..
    Side note: dunno why but the connection via BT is very slow.......can't say if worth using it....
    03-13-14 10:58 AM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 11:40 AM
    Cr@p, after all of this, the PDAnet is now on my Z10 and I'm trying to connect to an iPad mini. But there must also be a PDAnet client installed on the connecting device and there isn't one for iPad. Damn you, Bill Gates!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 12:13 PM
    Got it with Snap, look for pdanet..
    Side note: dunno why but the connection via BT is very slow.......can't say if worth using it....
    That's your carrier. It is NOT slow; I have used it on my laptop and it's smoking fast. Even better you can leave the window minimized and it keeps running just fine.

Just DON'T try to enable the WiFi mode. It will bork your WiFi and force a reboot to clear it.
    03-13-14 01:39 PM