Hi,

Maybe I'm crazy, adventurous or I have a good feeling about this. This is not a Jedi trick about foreseeing the future via the Force. Plus, one green dude told us "Always in motion the future is".

I own a Z10 for about a year now, a great phone, not perfect but it definitely worths my score of 8.5/10.

I wanted to buy shares a year ago, but I never stepped in because:

First, it will be the first time that I ever buy shares;

Second if I were buying shares, I would had bought them on a company I follow or I know enough, and I chose BlackBerry because I mostly owned BB phones, but BlackBerry was too risky during the last three years;

Third, after the bank crisis and its global consequences, I have become quite a bank hater. I still see a banker like a pedophile trying to rape a young girl, but in that case, it's just countries and the people they are raping.

But I have decided to make some efforts about the "third reason" and move forward.

I went to the bank and ask my banker about stock prices and fees etc...

For BlackBerry shares, it will cost via my bank online account:

"x" shares + 15? with a minimum of 50? of shares to buy.

For example if I want to buy 6 BBRY shares at 10?, I will pay (10x6)+15= 75?

So the dilemma is:

Should I invest on BBRY since John Chen runs the "boat party" and things seem to get better, or should I wait a few months before buying those stocks?

Or maybe, shouldn't I buy them at all and/or invest on another company?

Thanks!!!
    03-06-14 06:48 PM
    To start out I would advise you to diversify and not buy stocks in only one company. I know you want to show support for Blackberry, but you could lose everything. By diversifying you have a better chance of success.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-06-14 07:07 PM
    Go for it

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 07:10 PM
    To start out I would advise you to diversify and not buy stocks in only one company. I know you want to show support for Blackberry, but you could lose everything. By diversifying you have a better chance of success.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    The guy is debating the purchase of 6 shares.

Op you will get killed on transaction fees when you buy then again when you sell.

Don't bother investing if you don't have at least $1000 to spare.

Posted via CB10
    JonCBK likes this.
    03-06-14 07:46 PM
    The guy is debating the purchase of 6 shares.

Op you will get killed on transaction fees when you buy then again when you sell.

Don't bother investing if you don't have at least $1000 to spare.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't he say he had to buy a minimum of 50 shares? Maybe I misunderstood.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-06-14 07:54 PM
    Mmmm to clarify things

Here, there is a minimum of amount of money to invest in share. The minimum is 50?. I cannot buy below this sum each time. If BlackBerry share is about 10?, then I can't buy less than 5 shares.
    And I may not invest 60? of shares. I can buy more if I want. But I also want to start bit by bit to lower the risks.
    03-06-14 11:23 PM
    OP do you mind if I ask where you are from? might help a little in regards to fees/min purchase.

Generally don't invest money that you aren't willing to lose is the #1 thing, also if this is your first stock purchase buying one stock is fine as long as your not dumping a ton of money into it. I did not diversify my portfolio until I invested around $6K into my trading account. Also we can't really decide for you on what you want to invest your hard earned money on, that you are going to need to figure out on your own unfortunately but there are lots of companies out there I would suggest doing some research on some that interests you and also read up very quickly on investing for beginners.

Blackberry stocks is very volatile right now because there are still uncertainty with the company but if you are willing to take a bet don't go to crazy. I can tell you from my experience a lot of beginners usually end up losing money the first couple years they start investing so please don't dump life savings. It takes time to learn the ropes
    billsterjito likes this.
    03-06-14 11:36 PM
    France but the global situation of the country (political, economic and social) is not good for investments.
    And that's a good advice you gave me thanks
    03-06-14 11:40 PM
    Good luck with your investment. My year sucked. I'm way up on BB, but since I sold and re-bought this year, I owed a ton in taxes, even though all that profit has been lost since then. Really hoping the stock goes back up, because the write off next year (or whenever I sell) isn't gonna compare to my payout this year
    03-07-14 12:35 AM
    You might also want to perform a faux investment...pretending to invest a certain amount and watching how it would perform over the coming months. this will set your expectations of what might happen to your real money. There are online trading sites like e-trade or MotelyFool that have "play" accounts for this type of stuff.

Flicked out via Zed10
    app_Developer likes this.
    03-12-14 01:36 PM
    Here is a video that hopefully will help all you investors
    03-12-14 05:14 PM
    Here is a video that hopefully will help all you investors
    Wow thank you very much ! This is the kind of video that helps a lot for investments. I hope that more people on Crackberry will check it out, story to redefine their feelings toward the company
    blackberrywinner likes this.
    03-12-14 10:16 PM
    France but the global situation of the country (political, economic and social) is not good for investments.
    And that's a good advice you gave me thanks
    Your transactions costs are too high. You need should be buying $1000 US dollars of stock before you pay $15 to do a trade. And that is minimum.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 11:32 PM
    OP, what did you end up doing? Have you bought yet?
    04-14-14 07:44 AM