I Have Briefed White House on IT: BlackBerry CEO: Video - Bloomberg

March 6 (Bloomberg) -- BlackBerry CEO John Chen discusses mobile device management and the company's strategy with Jon Erlichman at the Oasis Conference in Santa Monica, CA. (Source: Bloomberg)
    03-06-14 05:12 PM
    Really nice interview Thanks for sharing.
    03-06-14 06:48 PM
    I don't think that interview was over

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 06:54 PM
    I don't think that interview was over

Posted via CB10
    Indeed, it wasn't. Let's hope Bloomberg puts the rest out... Thanks!
    03-06-14 06:57 PM
    03-06-14 07:02 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Nice interview

Posted via Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-06-14 07:08 PM
    Oh I wanted to know what the White House said to him
    03-06-14 07:14 PM
    Man... I don't blame him for staying on the west coast instead of moving to Waterloo. Is that what grass looks like?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 07:15 PM
    Interesting stuff indeed!
    Would be awesome if he could somehow surprise the press with the Q20 launch in say August as BlackBerry has mostly missed deadlines a lot these past years
    Would really bring his credibility up a lot with current BlackBerry users

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:00 PM
    John Chen advertises where it counts

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 08:27 PM
    Would be awesome if he could somehow surprise the press with the Q20 launch in say August as BlackBerry has mostly missed deadlines a lot these past years

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Would be great.
    03-06-14 09:33 PM
    Good to hear that they briefed the president. Can't wait to hear that Barack Obama chose BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 09:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not just with users. Bringing out a product earlier than planned would probably boost the stocks too. That would be one heck of an accomplishment for Chen. I won't get my hopes up but Chen is making it difficult. So far he doesn't seem like the BS type.
    03-06-14 10:12 PM
    Good to hear that they briefed the president. Can't wait to hear that Barack Obama chose BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Does he say he "briefed the President?" Because I almost guarantee you he did not.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    milo53 likes this.
    03-07-14 12:11 AM
    Does he say he "briefed the President?" Because I almost guarantee you he did not.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    I'm pretty sure when he said he briefed the white house the president was there.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 12:31 AM
    I'm pretty sure when he said he briefed the white house the president was there.

Posted via CB10
    Like in the building?

Maybe.

Siting in front of Chen while he gave his "briefing?"

Highly. Highly. Unlikely.
    03-07-14 12:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nah, that isn't how it works. "Briefing the White House" doesn't even mean it will get within 10 degrees of separation from POTUS.

If the prez was there, you would have seen a major press release from Waterloo...
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-07-14 01:02 AM
    Nah, that isn't how it works. "Briefing the White House" doesn't even mean it will get within 10 degrees of separation from POTUS.

If the prez was there, you would have seen a major press release from Waterloo...
    Come on, Frank Underwood is a big BlackBerry fanboy, you know he'll personally want to meet with John Chen.

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    03-07-14 02:13 AM
    It is highly unlikely that he met with the President to discuss IT matters. Meeting with Federal CIOs and/or the CIO for the EOP, absolutely. I know for certain he has met with other Federal CIOs already as well.
    03-07-14 10:32 AM
    Come on, Frank Underwood is a big BlackBerry fanboy, you know he'll personally want to meet with John Chen.

Posted via CB10
    Yes to meet the VP of the United States and his Bold 97xx
    House of Cards is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 03:36 PM
    does anyone have the full interview?
    03-08-14 01:01 PM
    Sorry, wrong link
    03-09-14 02:45 PM
    I wouldn't go so far as to say "fanboy" and what makes you think I already haven't met Mr Chen to brief HIM on how to turn things around.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 09:22 AM
    It is highly unlikely that he met with the President to discuss IT matters. Meeting with Federal CIOs and/or the CIO for the EOP, absolutely. I know for certain he has met with other Federal CIOs already as well.
    Still the Chicken or the Egg situation. BlackBerry needs orders to get them back in the black and seen as a STABLE Company. CIOs need CFOs to be comfortable making and "investment" by purchasing software, licensing and hardware from a company that by ALL accounts is headed for either financial ruin or a major takeover that will most likely not result in a continuation of operations as they are currently known.

BlackBerry made a HUGE mistake in making the move from BBOS such a crossroad decision.... if BES10 were merely an upgrade to BES5 and it could be used to manage legacy device... everyone would have upgraded. Then new BB10 devices could have been slowly introduced. But by making BB10 so different, it has opened the door to allow everyone to see what other options there are out there. Are they secure, are they productive, are they cost effective.... different companies will answer differently. Just seems like no tough was given to how this transition would work, and if it opened in doors that didn't need to be opened for competitors.

Very tough situation for Chen to be in.
    Georgiegeorge likes this.
    04-21-14 11:49 AM
    Which makes sense. The president has more important things to worry about than IT. ;-)
    04-22-14 06:47 PM