Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 03:19 PM
    Which one do you think might be better?

Posted via CB10
    Depends what you want to use it for?

Posted via CB10
    stevepar likes this.
    03-06-14 03:24 PM
    I was always a big fan of HTC even with Windows Mobile 6.1 and 6.5. But they lost me when I bought the HTC Sensation when it was released and after 3 months they already sold the successor of their flagship.

I both love the build quality of HTC and BlackBerry. In the end it is the Hub of the Z30 which makes me stay for the moment. If you are looking for an Android device the M8 is a good choice. The build quality is similar to the Z30 (at lease the One was). Another option is the Sony Z2 which also has a massive battery and a nice design. Samsung S5 is overrated. I had the S3, was looking forward to the S4 but haptic feeling is poor and I don't like the software design, not to mention all the bloatware. The S5 is just a slight upgrade in my opinion.

I tend to buy new phones every 6 months, my latest one is the Z30 (and I own a Q10 as well). For the time being I don't know what new phone I should buy because there is nothing on the market which would justify a switch. Go for the Z30 if you want a solid device. If you are more into gadgets/games get yourself a HTC or Sony (or maybe Oppo Find 7).

Posted via CB10
    sheeraz_aa likes this.
    03-06-14 04:29 PM
    Honestly this Z30 is great, the os is smooth, the device is fast, and if you use for work you can't beat it in my mind.

Posted from my Z30 /STA100-5/10.2.1.2141
    03-06-14 04:50 PM
    I would have a z30 all you need to do is use an android phone for a day and you soon find out what your missing.

Now we can have Android apps there is not one reason I would consider switching

Posted via CB10
    sheeraz_aa likes this.
    03-06-14 04:52 PM
    If you use Google services apps a lot then get the HTC. Nothing more frustrating trying to access certain parts of youtube or Google plus through the mobile browser.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 04:40 PM
    It's not really a fair comparison. The z30 is already old hat when it comes to specs and yes I know specs aren't everything but when it comes to multitasking and opening apps like the camera and processing user request over and over again you will see why people use the android phones. Yes the BlackBerry user experience with its gesture based os is one of a kind and extremely addictive and efficient but it's lack of Google play svcs, screen pixel density and internal specs don't allow it to directly compete with a z2 or m8. Using it without ever touching an android device you'd never know you were missing anything though.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 09:06 AM
    The M8 is going to be a great phone - based on my experience with KitKat on Motorola phones, the battery will be very good. But not as good as the Z30. Sound may be pretty good, I'm of the opinion that sound on the old One is not as good as that on the Z30, but they are saying it's improved. I hope so. The Ones sound was disappointing. The processor on the M8 is a screamer, even though the US version is slightly slower. But really that doesn't matter much. Comparing processors between two OSs is kind of difficult. I can tell you the Z30 is very quick and fluid. I'm sure the M8 is as well. I'll bet the display on the M8 is awesome, so there's that to consider. But it's still Android, which means it's less focused on communication than BB.

You're not going to regret either one, actually. Oh yeah - I'll bet the Z30 is considerably cheaper!
    03-25-14 12:04 PM
    I will definitely keep the Z30 but maybe I will also give the Sony Z2 a try. S5 and HTC One are out of the game. I will wait for the OnePlus One Phone specs wise and decide then.

Hopefully there will be another flagship device from BlackBerry this year. I would definitely buy a slider with the size of the Z10 merging both the best from touchscreen devices with a hardware keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 01:48 PM
    Z30 is pure quality, makes you feel like a million
    03-25-14 02:08 PM
    I'm holding onto my Z10 until that BlackBerry with the high res display comes out, unless the Z30 sees some significant price cuts

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 02:46 PM
    To be honest I think they are tailored to different uses. The z30 is more a business/work focused phone, the hub being the centre of communication. The htc is about music, video, apps and games (a beautiful device as well). You pays your money and takes your choice.
    03-25-14 02:56 PM
    Z30

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    03-25-14 05:53 PM
    I've got the HTC One and I think it's one of the nicest android phones on the market. But I am highly disappointed that they didn't improve the camera so now I have no interest in it.

I'm more than happy with my Z30 and there isn't a single android phone that gets me excited. I'll continue to use my Z30 and I'll wait until the fall before deciding on a new phone. I'm hoping by then BlackBerry will have something new out.

So my vote goes for the Z30, it's the best phone I've ever used and it's allowed me to completely forget about using an android device.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 06:48 PM
    Pound for pound it's not even close (IMO). The z30 looks like a solid upgrade from the z10, however the htc one is one heck of a device.

Sent from iOS using Tapatalk
    03-25-14 07:14 PM
    as long as BB10 doesn't have a top notch picture editing software, the M8 will be the sort of references for multimedia phones Blackberry can't be.
    I'd love to see a BB10 app able to do the cut and paste the M8 can do: you select a subject and cut it to paste it on another picture, it's like a little photoshop (well not that accurate but with some effort you can do some really good things).
    I still don't like android but the HTC M8 is really a good camera phone, with time BB10 will certainly have that sort of app.
    03-26-14 10:10 AM
    as long as BB10 doesn't have a top notch picture editing software, the M8 will be the sort of references for multimedia phones Blackberry can't be.
    I'd love to see a BB10 app able to do the cut and paste the M8 can do: you select a subject and cut it to paste it on another picture, it's like a little photoshop (well not that accurate but with some effort you can do some really good things).
    I still don't like android but the HTC M8 is really a good camera phone, with time BB10 will certainly have that sort of app.
    If you want a good camera phone go look at Nokia. What they make puts every other camera to shame. Seriously - nothing is even close.
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    03-26-14 11:22 AM
    Like HTC one better and BlackBerry OS is much better than android in use. I have a 5-6 years experience with android but os10 is quicker and better.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 06:04 PM
    Z30

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 06:06 PM
    If you want a good camera phone go look at Nokia. What they make puts every other camera to shame. Seriously - nothing is even close.
    i agree with you, and Nokia always had fantastic cameras (Nokia 6600 was already a great phone more than 10 years ago) but i was talking about applications: i found the cut and paste function on the M8 camera app very interesting.
    I wish BB10 could attract developers to bring that sort of functions to BB10 devices (as for the OS i can't get used to Android and literally found in BB10 what i was looking for!)
    03-26-14 08:08 PM
    This is a BlackBerry site, why is this question even being asked!!?? #wasteofbandwidth. Typed via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 08:11 PM
    I'm going to have to say m8 on this one. The main reason: the price and the hardware. There really is no competition. The m8 wins hands down in every department. Even the battery life is superb for a 1080p screen and a 2.3ghz processor. I had the original one, and compared to my z30, I'd pick up the z30, but the new one, not so sure. Of course my opinions will probably change with windmere, but this is where I stand right now.

I might not even get the m8, because I have the one, and it's basically the z30 vs z10 situation. Better specs overall and bigger.

Q10
    03-26-14 08:30 PM
    Damn, every time I write a paragraph, I just can't help but notice how easy effortlessly and fast I type on the q10. If I were on my moto x or htc one, it would've taken me forever.

#longliveblackberry

Q10
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    03-26-14 08:31 PM
    This is a BlackBerry site, why is this question even being asked!!?? #wasteofbandwidth. Typed via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141

Posted via CB10
    what do you mean? People are always comparing BlackBerry smartphones to other smartphones in this forum.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 12:03 AM
    I don't have both. But have used Android phones for about 4 years. Never tried Blackberry. Now seeing the OS and reviews, I wanted to buy BB and full touch. I started my hunt with Z3 and went to Z10 and now finally decided to buy Z30 soon. My wife wants me to buy a best phone no matter the price, that's a good encouragement . Before seeing the BB OS10, I was thinking to buy M8 or if my budget is not ready then Moto G (2nd gen) or Mi3 (if I was lucky). But after just seeing the OS10 capabilities thought of getting z3 and after trying a z30 in a store, I fell in love with z30. Of course I like the Boomsound speakers in M8 (being a music producer myself) and the Ultra pixels, because I mostly use camera for indoors and Ultra pixels are really good for that. I don't need to take a large print out, so MP doesn't matter unless the sensor and the color depth are good. M8 does this fine. But the main fact that it is Android, I preferred BBOS10 over android. That's how I decided. If you are going to listen music with headphones then eith z30 or m8 is equal, but if you want loudspeakers go for M8. Do not compare the specs of the cpu, as android always needs more cpu and battery. In Android platform, M8 is the only best phone I have seen, if you need good sound, body design, comfort, smooth experience, low light camera.
    10-26-14 03:49 AM
29 12