Is there a release date?

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    03-06-14 01:47 PM
    A release date for cross-platform BBM Video? Unfortunately not yet. I'm eagerly awaiting it personally as well.

AFAIK, the only upcoming BBMx feature with any kind of tentative timeframe attached was bringing BBM to Windows Phone by end of summer.
    03-06-14 01:57 PM
    This would be a nice feature. It defintely would be something to compete with Facetime and take out skype. In the future, I would like to see conferencing features so BBM can compete with the likes of Google+.
    JamesIV likes this.
    03-06-14 10:21 PM
    This would be a nice feature. It defintely would be something to compete with Facetime and take out skype. In the future, I would like to see conferencing features so BBM can compete with the likes of Google+.
    The only chance it has competing with Facetime and Skype is if they release a secure communications desktop client...
    Supa_Fly1 and baspeed like this.
    03-07-14 03:36 AM
    I have many family members and friends waiting to pull the trigger on BBM for their iphones as soon as video calling with screen share becomes available. So many love the idea of being able to navigate photos from a trip or being able to discuss a powerpoint/pdf directly from my docs to go app. The possible utilities are endless. I just hope no other platform beats BlackBerry to the punch with a native feature for their devices. I know too many that may not make the leap if that becomes the case

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 06:18 AM
    I can see a summer time release. It took 5 months to get voice and channels, I can see video coming in 5 months too.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 12:55 AM
    This was due before end of 2013 under previous management! Figures, and this is exactly why BlackBerry still gets hated on, bad press bad word if mouth - because they keep flapping theirs and not delivering.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    baspeed likes this.
    03-09-14 05:01 AM
    A release date for cross-platform BBM Video? Unfortunately not yet. I'm eagerly awaiting it personally as well.

AFAIK, the only upcoming BBMx feature with any kind of tentative timeframe attached was bringing BBM to Windows Phone by end of summer.
    If BlackBerry says "by the end of summer" then it definitely won't happen until at least September 22... cuz that's just how BlackBerry keeps commitments.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    03-09-14 06:45 AM
    Unfortunately don't see bbm really taking a hold in ios and android markers until it has good quality, stable cross-platform video.
    03-26-14 07:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:39 PM
    All my friends are waiting for BBM to release Video chat cross platform. As of right now besides for BBM voice it's not much better than whatsapp and other messaging clients

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-28-14 12:42 AM
    They are taking forever with this and haven't even talked about it.

It literally has the ability to take over facetime and skype.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 01:07 AM
    Looking for this update too!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:19 PM
    Voice was a game changer and got lots of users switching to BBM for me
    Video will be the ultimate bomb and will replace both WhatsApp and Skype for me Wonder if BBM video will work on BlueStacks.. that would be the big hit!)

I wonder if they'll bring Screen Share over too to Android and WP, seeing as iOS can't support it

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:23 PM
    Really need to get the video chat out. I keep getting invites to the GLIDE messaging. It's crazy because I own a BlackBerry phone and most everyone else has Sammy or apple.
    03-31-14 09:44 AM
    If Whatsapp or some other app brings cross platform high quality video chat to the market first, that will be it for bbm. Much as I like bbm, I can't get any of my ios or android friends to use it. They simply don't see any advantage over Whatsapp. And quite frankly, even though I know of the advantages, in practical use its very hard to make a case for bbm over Whatsapp. The free vs 99 cents is not enough to swing users away from Whatsapp.

One reason that other platform users resist is that the don't have a communications hub! It is just one more app that they have to open in order to chat or check messages... a big advantage of bb10 that isn't well understood out there because of dismal marketing efforts
    03-31-14 11:45 AM
    If Whatsapp or some other app brings cross platform high quality video chat to the market first, that will be it for bbm. Much as I like bbm, I can't get any of my ios or android friends to use it. They simply don't see any advantage over Whatsapp. And quite frankly, even though I know of the advantages, in practical use its very hard to make a case for bbm over Whatsapp. The free vs 99 cents is not enough to swing users away from Whatsapp.

One reason that other platform users resist is that the don't have a communications hub! It is just one more app that they have to open in order to chat or check messages... a big advantage of bb10 that isn't well understood out there because of dismal marketing efforts
    Great point. BBM is great and all but whatsapp is really good - the picture sharing is an ease!! Share multiple pictures at once and no bs of requesting HQ every single time.

BBM needs to bring video cross platform ASAP !

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 04:29 PM
    Come on, hopefully this year! BBM Empire!

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    04-05-14 09:57 PM
    Jeez they should have worked on this way earlier. This is crucial to getting more users.

Plus this would be so useful I don't use Skype since it's garbage. Facetime is the only dominant player out there.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 04:12 PM
    H

Sent from my XT1056 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    04-11-14 06:09 PM
    I'm waiting on this as well. As far as Whatsapp goes, I had a few friends swap to BBM due to the constant outages Whatsapp has been having lately. I have had a few friends give BBM a try and they loved it. They didn't realize that it had so many options since the lastest update.

Posted via CB10
    nightridah likes this.
    04-13-14 01:52 AM
    I hope this is a top priority for the next release. Skype is a pain in the ****.

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    04-21-14 08:17 PM
    Video and screen share are needed asap! Many current BBM users would be able to draw friends and family to BBM if the entire feature set were put into the iOS and Android versions!!!

This would help both BBM and BB10...

Sent from my BB Z10 running OS 10.3.0.140.
    04-23-14 11:15 PM
    When is this coming? Come on BBM team. This should be a priority. Stickers are far less important!!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 06:49 AM
    +10000
    05-15-14 03:15 PM
33 12