Currently using a Galaxy S3 with Android, I never actually shut down an app after I am done with using it. I was told that Android is designed to have the apps minimized in the background for quick access. And since I only use a selected number of apps (camera, dialer, music player, etc), having the usual apps minimized at all times really shorten the opening time and such. Of course, it does not affect battery life at all.

Anyways, I was wondering if this is the case with BB10? Do you really need to shut down an app? In terms of affecting battery life and lagging?
    03-06-14 02:50 AM
    If those are the same apps you've mentioned I believe it doesn't matter if it stays within the BB active frame. But it's a different story, if the application is running specific events in your device from the background.

It's just that BB implemented minimized apps differently as to that of Android. In BB it stays in your Active Frame window wherein apps function generally as to Android's widgets.

As for my personal usage, I prefer my device to be neat (if its not needed, remove it), therefore I practice closing apps in the Active Frames.
    03-06-14 03:37 AM
    Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 05:08 AM
    If you do leave them minimized as active frames and the system needs the resources it willing shut programs down beginning with the least recently used.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 07:37 AM
    It's a bit like android does it, depending on the resources the app take it will savestate what the app was doing, and if you return to it you will be at that point, or just restart it entirely.
    03-06-14 07:41 AM
    Leaving certain apps that require updating minimized in an active frame with make load time faster.
    Apps that run headless or are built into the hub do not really require to run in an active frame. You still get updates.

Most apps I do not find they load faster from closed or from frame (with the exception of any app that runs in the android runtime)
    Most apps launch pretty quickly. But I do find myself keeping a few in active frame from time to time. Mostly just bbm and Blaq. But not all the time as they both update into the hub. And if I have no active frames open. Both are on my first panel anyways.

Via Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-06-14 07:47 AM
    To be honest it works either way, so no real need to be concerned about it.

Generally the more you tasks you ask any processor to do the less focussed it is on any specific thing you are trying to do, so if you really want to get one thing done as fast as possible (on any device), shut down any big drags on the system. As true for my PC as it is for my phone.

Have fun
    03-06-14 08:00 AM
    If you do leave them minimized as active frames and the system needs the resources it willing shut programs down beginning with the least recently used.

Posted via CB10
    Agree, another BlackBerry way was to limit minimized apps to 8. Controlled handling I guess.

Posted via Q10 10.2.1 (2141-OS/2142-Radio)
    03-07-14 05:14 AM