I just bought my new Bold from At&T the day it came out.

I transferred over all my 3rd party apps with device switch wizard, including Google Maps v2.3.1. I decided to look to see if there was a new update for Google Maps, and there was v2.3.2! I promptly downloaded it.

But it's NOT WORKING CORRECTLY now! All I can do is enter a search for a location. I can't: zoom, see my GPS, etc. Every button I push just shifts the screen a little to the right or to the left. HELP!
    11-06-08 05:34 PM
    Bump.

Whats with Gmap?
    11-07-08 02:24 PM
    I just bought my new Bold from At&T the day it came out.

I transferred over all my 3rd party apps with device switch wizard, including Google Maps v2.3.1. I decided to look to see if there was a new update for Google Maps, and there was v2.3.2! I promptly downloaded it.

But it's NOT WORKING CORRECTLY now! All I can do is enter a search for a location. I can't: zoom, see my GPS, etc. Every button I push just shifts the screen a little to the right or to the left. HELP!
    have you tired deleting the new version 2.3.2 and reinstalling it?
    11-07-08 02:30 PM
    Yeah, I've deleted it several times and reinstalled it. I tried to look for an older version of of the program to revert to, but it doesn't exist...

Has anyone else had this problem? Are there any Bold users with AT&T who DON'T have this problem? Do I just have to wait for Google to come out with a newer version in the future and HOPE that it works??
    11-10-08 01:00 AM
    I figured it out--thanks to some other people's posts on a somewhat unrelated forum. My internet browser was not "identified" as a Blackberry browser (I think I had set it to Firefox, not sure why), so I downloaded a generic version for a regular every day crappy phone!

Once I changed the settings it took me to a Blackberry specific site and I downloaded the latest version optimized for my Blackberry, and it works better than ever! Booyah! Thanks!
    11-10-08 01:22 AM
    I can confirm this works for me too -change browser to blackberry!

HSB
    11-22-10 03:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD