Email Saver

Email Saver - BlackBerry World

Price: $0.99 cents

Save your email on device with Email Saver! You can save your emails to your device with Email Saver. In the menu for individual emails in the Hub press the "Share | Email Saver" item and you are presented with the option to save in HTML or EML format. After your selection simply name and select the place to which you want it saved and press the save button. Your email is saved to the location for archiving and opening in other email programs. Start saving important emails today with Email Saver! Included option to not include email header in HTML saved emails. Notes: HTML email save cannot save attachments but EML save will. In some versions of BlackBerry 10 OS you cannot reply/forward to the eml files. In you computers email program you can do this. To open the eml file or html file long-press on the file and for eml choose open in Hub. For html press Open in Browser.

Email Saver - Save your emails!-img_20140303_073956.png

Email Saver - Save your emails!-img_20140303_073929.png

Email Saver - Save your emails!-img_20140303_073932.png

Email Saver - Save your emails!-img_20140303_073947.png
    03-03-14 06:47 AM
    Nice tool to have! Thanks
    03-03-14 07:04 AM
    Useful for people who can't figure out how to save email in their accounts or if it gets deleted accidentally.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    03-03-14 07:07 AM
    Many benefits include:

Archive for enterprise compliance.
    Archive for personal backup.
    Archive easily to cloud storage for personal backup.
    Save for continued work on a email at a different work station.
    Save critical emails so as not dependent on network access via IMAP.
    Archive for easy forwarding.
    Save newsletters in HTML for later reading.
    03-03-14 01:05 PM
    Code improvement release on this to remove unwanted strange characters in the body of the email that were showing up.
    07-29-14 12:55 PM
    Hi,
    Any possibility to save a mail as a .msg file?
    Regards!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 06:31 PM
    Hi,
    Any possibility to save a mail as a .msg file?
    Regards!

Posted via CB10
    Looks like the file format is a bear to unravel and make. From my research I can't find a method to do it with what's available.
    08-14-14 07:49 PM
    Looks like the file format is a bear to unravel and make. From my research I can't find a method to do it with what's available.
    Because when you save it as an eml, can you directly open the eml file in outlook 2010/2013? I was in the understanding that you first need to convert it before you can open it in outlook? When I save a mail from outlook, it's saved as a msg file.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 06:18 PM
    1. Why is this app not Built for BlackBerry?
    2. Any plans to allow for MH format export?
    08-16-14 02:40 PM
    1. Why is this app not Built for BlackBerry?
    2. Any plans to allow for MH format export?
    1. Just applied now.
    2. Not familiar with the format. Can't find file format specs. Do you have a link with clear file format specs/info?
    08-16-14 02:55 PM
    Wow that's fantastic DEV been waiting to see something like this.

Will wait for Built for BlackBerry designation and jump all over it for $0.99!!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 07:44 PM
    Can't find file format specs.
    Neither can I at the moment. However, my local MUA supports UNIX mbox import. Perhaps support for mbox export can be added?
    08-16-14 07:46 PM
    All permissions ON and I am stuck at this screen:

Email Saver - Save your emails!-img_20140816_180910.png

UPDATE: Nevermind. It is the one and only options screen which is closed by closing the app itself.
    08-16-14 08:12 PM
    I would pay 5x the price if the following were implemented:

1. Ability to view saved eml/mbox files in order to examine header information. Essentially, incorporate a text viewer. Also, is it possible to save full headers (eg X-Mailer) so that sender and routing information is available?

2. Ability to encrypt saved files using the native crypto libraries so as to provide improved privacy/security if and when the local device has been accessed by an unauthorized party. This can safeguard data in between device lock timeouts, or when files are saved to unencrypted media cards.

3. For those of us who will never save emails in HTML format, an option to save as eml/mbox only so as to save a full step when saving emails.
    Last edited by adamlau; 08-17-14 at 02:46 AM.
    08-16-14 10:08 PM
    Update sent to BB App World:

Adds ability to save the email selected as a PDF. You need an account with Cloudconvert.org where the console will have your API key. You get 25 conversion minutes free a day by having an account with them. You then input that into the preferences screen (shown below). Delete option deletes it from the server right after conversion. Even if you don't I believe that cloudconvert.org deletes them at the end of the month. Note: your email is loaded onto cloudconvert.org servers for this. It does use https but if you don't want your email sent across the internet then use the html or eml options which are done on device.

Email Saver - Save your emails!-ddd.png

Email Saver - Save your emails!-jobo.png

Hopefully it will be available in BB App World here in a few days.
    10-04-14 04:35 PM
    Has been approved and the update is up on BB App World.
    10-07-14 03:38 PM
    Hi thanks for the update! Great work.
    Anyone else (with 10.3) having problems with wrong date and time when emails are saved as eml? The saved eml mail always marks january and a wrong hour. Should be something with 10.3 I suppose, as with 10.2.1 I didn't had any problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 01:48 PM
    Any update on the wrong mentioned date in 10.3.1 when saving emails as eml? Really wanna use it again on OS 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 04:10 PM