Has anyone experience excessive Cell data usage after the patch was released by Rogers last week?

My Z10 has reached over 10GB at all odd hours of the day. I previously had this problem and reinstalled the phone to factory settings 4 months ago for the same data issue.

Symptoms, when I faced the problem before and in the past week I noticed my battery life was down and the phone was running hot.

Would appreciate any tips to check in the phone or if anyone else has faced this.

Obviously, I was not downloaded movies or steaming video at 3am in the morning.

I am considering giving up my data plan and my Z10 because of the excessive data charge fees.

Thanks,

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 10:33 PM
    Seems like you already know the resolution, it's the same one that worked last time. Should it be that way? Nope. But it is what it is.
    03-02-14 10:53 PM
    I was hoping not to resort to this approach every few months and a couple of hundred dollars each time.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:24 PM
    Backup your phone, wipe it clean and then only load the OS and contacts. But don't reload your applications. Run the phone like that for a few days and then slowly reintroduce the apps you had on the phone. This should help you narrow down the issue.

I remember early on with 10.1, the eBay app was just destroying my battery and my phone was so hot I remember thinking, if I don't shut this thing off right now it's going to explode! Turns out there was a bug in the app, so when you logged into your eBay account it was just continually connecting in the background and reeking havoc on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:45 PM
    Thanks I will try one last time and keep the phone stock. I wonder if it is due to syncing to office365.com as this is the largest account and contacts application. Rest are fairly standard.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 02:03 AM
    You can see what Device Monitor reports on battery/cpu usage.
    03-03-14 08:48 AM
    You haven't had this issue, have you?
    03-03-14 09:07 AM
    Yes, all symptoms point to the same issue, I just haven't identified the root cause of the excessive database problem. There is no reason for the sudden change because last four months the phone has been fine. The only change was the latest patch of BB10 OS last week.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 09:12 AM
    I've recently noticed (since latest update on Rogers) that if I leave a message open in the hub (even if I navigate away to active frames or just the basic desktop with no frames running), it drains my battery like crazy. . . as long as I remember to close the message and leave it in the Hub proper, I've been fine.
    03-03-14 09:57 AM
    I think I found the culprit, it's Evernote and Remember causing syncing every hour. I disconnected my account. I have a lot of data on Evernote. Hope this is the fix.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 10:55 PM
    I have a similar problem, but I have very few data on Evernote. Leaving 3G on instead of 4G seems like a temporary fix for me.. I 've come to hate the last OS Update.

Sent from BlackBerry Z10
    03-11-14 05:22 PM