Unless somehow it's already possible, does anyone think it would be nice to have open apps appear as icons on the multi task screen, rather than windows in to what they're doing as it currently is?

At the moment when I want to switch between open apps it takes me a while to focus on the one I want. In os7 they appeared as their respective icons which made them more distinguishable from each other...

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:46 PM
    Each running app is labeled on the bottom, just like every app that isn't running. I don't understand what's so difficult about it. Multitasking is clean and intuitive on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by thanasi; 03-03-14 at 06:33 AM.
    spikesolie and Mellfee like this.
    03-03-14 02:57 AM
    I hope blackberry doesn't do what you're asking! I like active frames, i have to admit that they're not perfect yet, but only having the icons, god no! You're not the first who says that they have trouble with active frames, but what is so complicated? Like the person above me said, the app name is writing under the app if you're not able to recognize it.

Posted via CB10
    Mellfee likes this.
    03-03-14 06:13 AM
    Well thanks for your replies but I never said it was difficult or trouble.... I just said it took a moment to focus on what was what. I'm well aware that it's written on the lower edge of each frame, I'm just exploring the possibility of making it better. It's only a few weeks since I stopped using bb7. I do actually like the active frames and maybe I'm on my own here but if we are talking about speed then I'd argue that it's quicker to multi - task between icons than active frames.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 06:46 AM
    Well thanks for your replies but I never said it was difficult or trouble.... I just said it took a moment to focus on what was what. I'm well aware that it's written on the lower edge of each frame, I'm just exploring the possibility of making it better. It's only a few weeks since I stopped using bb7. I do actually like the active frames and maybe I'm on my own here but if we are talking about speed then I'd argue that it's quicker to multi - task between icons than active frames.

Posted via CB10
    It's just your perception really, plus those active frames can provide useful information if the app developers chooses so.
    Mellfee likes this.
    03-03-14 07:15 AM
    It's just your perception really, plus those active frames can provide useful information if the app developers chooses so.
    Yes, I percept that it's quicker to identify which app is which when they are displayed as logo's. I noticed that AppWorld still displays its adverts and BBM shows info on updates etc. I am not saying I don't like the frames, I'm talking about speed switching between apps. Prior to BB10 I relied heavily on holding down the menu key and switching from one app to the other. Perhaps a colour-related strip behind the frame name would improve it…

Would it be difficult for Blackberry to introduce an option of icons or active frames? The info being displayed in the active frames is nice but to be honest it's of no actual use to me.
    03-03-14 08:13 AM
    I was thinking about this for a while. It would be nice to see the recent apps screen return. I used this all the time on the 99. If they were to implement this and give us a choice of using it or not, that would be great!
    Mellfee likes this.
    03-03-14 08:37 AM