I own a z10 and I'm planning to buy a Q10! But I'm scared that I won't like it as much as my z10! I mean other than the keyboard what is better in the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 08:25 AM
    Amoled screen which enhances colours. Black theme, improved battery life, fm radio.

My Z30 just keeps me moving.....
    03-01-14 08:29 AM
    Amoled screen which enhances colours. Black theme, improved battery life, fm radio.

My Z30 just keeps me moving.....
    Annnddd?....

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 08:30 AM
    That's it. Obviously they both run the same OS so no difference there. Otherwise it's just going to be a personal preference whether or not you like the physical keyboard.

Sent from my Z10 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-01-14 08:32 AM
    Q10's screen is better, battery's too (Z10's battery is terrible for me). That's why I chosed Q10

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 08:44 AM
    Kind personal isn't it? If you like a pkb, smaller screen, better battery life and few other things over a larger screen, not so good battery life, and a vkb.
    03-01-14 08:50 AM
    - Q10. Because I like the look of the Q10. Ok, the Z10 is a good looking phone, too. But the Q10 looks like a real killer Bold
    - The next thing the glaswave back is sooo cool.
    - You can use only one hand to operate with the phone.
    - QWERTY
    - Battery life, FM Radio
    - Shortcuts(!!!!!)

Posted via BlackBerry Q10Bold
    dabbguy likes this.
    03-01-14 08:59 AM
    I'm trying to decide between the q10 and z10. My last two phones have been iPhones. The 8530 was the last Blackberry I've owned. From what I've read it seems the BB10 experience is slightly better on the z10 due to a bigger screen however the battery life is subpar. Has the new BB10 update improved z10 battery life? I'm interested in the q10 because of the greater battery life and physical keyboard. However my concern with the q10 is I won't be getting the full BB10 experience due to the small screen. Can anyone help clear this up?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    03-01-14 09:10 AM
    The best thing is the keyboard, if you're use to viewing a lot video's it might not be the device for you, the quality of picture is fine, just small, other wise pretty much the same, if you're heavy into sending emails and text, it's a monster.

Posted on my BlackBerry Q10, because I'm so Bloody Special.
    03-01-14 09:17 AM
    I think you will miss the extra screen real estate, personally the keyboard on the z10 is awesome and I find it more than satisfying
    03-01-14 09:20 AM
    I have a Z10. Q10 has less apps but you still get the full BB10 experience, with few extras: quick dial, keyboard shortcuts on home screen, radio, miracast
    All of the above are not enough for me to ditch the bigger screen.
    dragon77 likes this.
    03-01-14 09:20 AM
    I went from the 9900 to the Z10 and I couldn't be happier with my decision...the typing experience with swiping is awesome! Yes, battery life doesn't compete with the Q10, but that's why I carry spares. Plus, YouTube and HBOGO look better on a bigger screen
    03-01-14 11:07 AM
    The Q10 is better in every other way, except the screen size. "in every other way" - yes
    rawat_sandip likes this.
    03-01-14 11:53 AM
    Many things have already been said. First the question is quite wrong, the "better" device is always the device which suits your very personal needs the best. You don't buy a small city car if you're driving in rough terrrain mostly - vice versa a big, large pick-up ain't the best if you're just commuting to the crowded city looking for tight parking spots.

The Q10 offers better battery perforrmance: It has not only a larger battery, but also a smaller screen. The AMOLED technology helpss in addition to save battery.
    In terms of performance, the Q is on the same level, thanks to the similar hardware. It could even be slightly better in some areas: The internals only have to render 720x720 pixels instead of 1280x768.
    The hardware keyboard is always there, allowing not only for hotkey shortcuts, but also easy use of the Instant Action feature from the homescreens.
    The device is also more pocketable IMO, something some users might also enjoy.

The downsides are listed quite easily:
    The screen is much smaller, especially if you are a heavy media consumer like videos or games, you won't be happy with the Q10. While you can watch videos and play games, the experience is simply on a much lower level. Watching some short news clips on the Q10 is ok, but even watching some cartoon episodes like Simpsons is too much IMO. The same thing can be said about browsing. The QWERTY is my main device and I browse a lot with it and I often wish for a slightly larger display, yet I'm ok with it.
    While talking about the screen, the Q has an AMOLED display, some like them, others don't. The display is not as bright as the one of the Z10, also not as crisp. However it produces more vibrant colors and especially deeper blacks. Choosing dark themes and backgrounds help too save battery life on the Q.

Last but not least there is the app selection and compatability. Especially in terms of games the full-touch devices have more to offer, some games just aren't available on the keyboard phones. But also some apps like Flipboard or Kindle aren't supported.
    When it comes to Android apps, the Z10 also has a higher chance of decent support, because the screen ratio and resolution is quite common on Android devices. The Q10 however has an odd, unique 1:1 ratio with a 720x720 resolution. Android doesn't have anything like that and some apps won't be displayed the way they should.
    The keyboard adds an additional thing which could be prone for issues. There are several threads regarding typing errors and overly sensitive keys. The later one is is caused by faulty keyboards.

To make a long story short: The Q10 is, much like the classic Bold series, much more of a workhorse compared to the Z10. The Z10 is a more universal device in many ways, while the Q can be more efficiant in many areas, yet it has less "fun" packed in.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    03-01-14 12:13 PM
    Many things have already been said. First the question is quite wrong, the "better" device is always the device which suits your very personal needs the best. You don't buy a small city car if you're driving in rough terrrain mostly - vice versa a big, large pick-up ain't the best if you're just commuting to the crowded city looking for tight parking spots.

The Q10 offers better battery perforrmance: It has not only a larger battery, but also a smaller screen. The AMOLED technology helpss in addition to save battery.
    In terms of performance, the Q is on the same level, thanks to the similar hardware. It could even be slightly better in some areas: The internals only have to render 720x720 pixels instead of 1280x768.
    The hardware keyboard is always there, allowing not only for hotkey shortcuts, but also easy use of the Instant Action feature from the homescreens.
    The device is also more pocketable IMO, something some users might also enjoy.

The downsides are listed quite easily:
    The screen is much smaller, especially if you are a heavy media consumer like videos or games, you won't be happy with the Q10. While you can watch videos and play games, the experience is simply on a much lower level. Watching some short news clips on the Q10 is ok, but even watching some cartoon episodes like Simpsons is too much IMO. The same thing can be said about browsing. The QWERTY is my main device and I browse a lot with it and I often wish for a slightly larger display, yet I'm ok with it.
    While talking about the screen, the Q has an AMOLED display, some like them, others don't. The display is not as bright as the one of the Z10, also not as crisp. However it produces more vibrant colors and especially deeper blacks. Choosing dark themes and backgrounds help too save battery life on the Q.

Last but not least there is the app selection and compatability. Especially in terms of games the full-touch devices have more to offer, some games just aren't available on the keyboard phones. But also some apps like Flipboard or Kindle aren't supported.
    When it comes to Android apps, the Z10 also has a higher chance of decent support, because the screen ratio and resolution is quite common on Android devices. The Q10 however has an odd, unique 1:1 ratio with a 720x720 resolution. Android doesn't have anything like that and some apps won't be displayed the way they should.
    The keyboard adds an additional thing which could be prone for issues. There are several threads regarding typing errors and overly sensitive keys. The later one is is caused by faulty keyboards.

To make a long story short: The Q10 is, much like the classic Bold series, much more of a workhorse compared to the Z10. The Z10 is a more universal device in many ways, while the Q can be more efficiant in many areas, yet it has less "fun" packed in.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    Great response. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    03-01-14 12:50 PM
    I don't know what to tell you. I personally chose the Q10 over the Z10; but I was definitely going for the keyboard experience (I don't play any app games and my Q10's screen is big enough for me to be satisfied with watching TV shows on my phone).

But it really comes down to your own personal preferences. As one other poster said, the Q10 has the AMOLED screen, a bigger (I think?) battery, that Quick Search feature or whatever it's called (you can type "text Fred" and Fred's texting conversation will come up; but the Z10 does have a similar feature). But I don't know much about the specific hardware specifications for each brand; but I have heard that the Z10's battery life is not always a good experience; but then you have users who say their battery experience is great, and of course you have Q10 users who say that their battery life is pitiful. So you never know!

I personally prefer the Q10, but it's the preferred device for me. I can't tell you if it's better than the Z10 based on non-biased experiences. You can always research the two phones and see which one you like best! You have a first-hand experience with the Z10 so you can research the Q10 and see what you think! Even testing out a Q10 in the store with a spare SIM (or the equivalent) in a store would help!
    03-01-14 01:02 PM
    I initially had the Z10 but was getting horrendous battery life and missed the form factor of the bold. Ended up seeking it and buying a Q. Not that big of a video guy so i never really missed the screen real-estate. All in all I'm happy i made the switch

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-02-14 02:24 PM
    It's not better. It's a different device. I use both of them. Q as daily driver, cause of the form factor and the better battery life.

Nonetheless I need to revise a document and have the Z nearby I pick that. The enlarged screen gives a better overall view on the document.

But overall the Q wins it for me cause of it's pocketable size and the comfort of typing on hardware keys.

Only the comfort though. I'm not convinced that typing is really faster on the Q then the Z.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    03-02-14 02:54 PM
    6 months Q10 user
    Only few days Z10 user also
    I definitely prefer the Z.. .
    The LCD screen I love it so much
    The brightness is amazing also and the ppi is a little bit sharper in my eyes....of course that's why amoled are cheaper ....
    I hate amoled displays .....
    OK Q has a better battery but of course cause of the smaller screen and the amoled display...and not to much better in my opinion
    On Z everything works easier....
    Landscape and portrait mode perfect....
    Games -videos perfect also
    More apps for Z...
    Browsing is so fun with the Z
    All your needs look of course better on a 4.2 inch bright display
    The only reason I believe someone would buy a q is for the physical keyboard....
    With the Z buy a bundle also and you will cover the battery of the Q ...
    I also prefer the typing on the fastest virtual keyboard in the world Z....
    My personal opinion of course

From My Sexy Blackberry Z10
    03-02-14 03:45 PM
    I own a z10 and I'm planning to buy a Q10! But I'm scared that I won't like it as much as my z10! I mean other than the keyboard what is better in the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    It depends on what you use it for. For me personally nothing beats the Q10/bold style of devices for powerhouse useage, and a daily driver. I don't ever use it to watch videos or movies or play any games, so again it depends on what you want to use it for.

PS - the keyboard the main reason :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 04:03 PM
    I have and love both, but I prefer the Q as I've always loved my physical keyboards. I also like that I can use the Q 1-handed (I can reach the top of the screen with my thumb). Also less slippage with the Q. I did have the keyboard problem which was annoying. I got it replaced (the keyboard) under warranty, and so far so good.

The amoled screen sucks IMO. The extra battery life is great, but the Z gets a true white whereas the Q's whites are more yellow. Q is not the greatest for media or gaming, but neither are a priority to me. I can watch youtube just fine, and that's all I really care about.

The two main reasons I typically use my Q over my Z is the keyboard and the battery life. Battery life is horrible on the Z10. And although I prefer the physical form factor of the Q10, the Z10 is much sexier from an aesthetical point of view (especially the white one). But as a guy who values function over flare, the Q10 wins for my needs.
    03-02-14 04:17 PM
    Q10 all the way. The Z10 looks like an iPhone 5 rip. It has poor battery. Search is awesome on the q10.
    Q10 is made to get things done
    Z10 is for the teenagers

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 04:20 PM
    I'm using a loaner Z10 while my Q10 is in for repairs (double typing issue - pretty common, unfortunately). I like the screen size, but everything else is just slower on the Z. Typing is slower, no universal search where you can just start typing on the keyboard, and anything remotely relevant comes up on the screen, only 10 speed dial numbers, and it's cumbersome to get to them. And battery life really sucks. If I don't use GPS, I can get two full days out of the Q. I'm lucky to be above 5% at 8 pm on the Z.

If you want a touchscreen-only phone, go big like a Z30. Otherwise, I'm loving the Q10 and looking forward to the next, bigger screen Q-series.
    03-02-14 04:43 PM
    Decided to go with the q10. It should deliver sometime this week. I'm pumped!

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-02-14 10:16 PM
    I have and love both, but I prefer the Q as I've always loved my physical keyboards. I also like that I can use the Q 1-handed (I can reach the top of the screen with my thumb). Also less slippage with the Q. I did have the keyboard problem which was annoying. I got it replaced (the keyboard) under warranty, and so far so good.

The amoled screen sucks IMO. The extra battery life is great, but the Z gets a true white whereas the Q's whites are more yellow. Q is not the greatest for media or gaming, but neither are a priority to me. I can watch youtube just fine, and that's all I really care about.

The two main reasons I typically use my Q over my Z is the keyboard and the battery life. Battery life is horrible on the Z10. And although I prefer the physical form factor of the Q10, the Z10 is much sexier from an aesthetical point of view (especially the white one). But as a guy who values function over flare, the Q10 wins for my needs.
    Denny Crane...

Sweet.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 10:21 PM
48 12