I purchased and downloaded their app 'Call Recorder ++ ' ofcourse from the BlackBerry world.
    It worked for some time and then prompted me for an update. As soon as I updated the app just stopped responding. Repeated mails to the developer Ajani Infotech and to BlackBerry World have resulted in a zero response from both parties.

Now BBW says the app is not available for my device. Picture attached. How did BBW let me download the app in the first place??? Also my receipt for the purchase from bbw is also attached.

Is this not cheating????????
    And for what, INR 200/-.

Remember this is a "MADE FOR BLACKBERRY" app.
    Attached Thumbnails Beware of BBW and Ajani Infotech who are cheating App buyers-img_20140216_085132.png   Beware of BBW and Ajani Infotech who are cheating App buyers-img_20140216_085149.png  
    Last edited by tx ram; 03-01-14 at 08:34 AM.
    03-01-14 05:22 AM
    The only thing I could see with the app itself, is that it does not indicate ALL COUNTRIES in the "Supported Countries" category. Not that I think you moved countries in the past 3 or 4 weeks, that would be silly of me. Wish I had an answer for you.
    03-01-14 05:49 AM
    Not the case. Was downloaded and used in India.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:21 AM
    Why don't you try deleting it, refresh app world then re download it

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:29 AM
    Why don't you try deleting it, refresh app world then re download it

Posted via CB10
    All done. But to no avail.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 08:04 AM
    Have you done a manual search for the app in BlackBerry World? You can also look at your "available apps" in My World and reinstall it from there. All your purchased apps are there if the apps are not on your device anymore.
    03-01-14 08:09 AM
    Have you done a manual search for the app in BlackBerry World? You can also look at your "available apps" in My World and reinstall it from there. All your purchased apps are there if the apps are not on your device anymore.
    Yes. That is the beauty of the con job from BBW. The app doesn't appear on the "available apps" list.
    The only proof of purchase is the receipt that I have, a screenshot of which is attached.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 08:27 AM
    I have no idea how to tackle this. At least BlackBerry or the Developer should reply to your email. You paid for it, you should be able to use it. You have to keep sending the mails and call BlackBerry so you can speak with someone about this on the phone.

When all else fails you can mail your credit card company (assuming you paid with credit card) and they will give you your money back, because you don't have the product you paid for.
    03-01-14 12:17 PM
    Is your device updated to 10.2.1?

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    03-04-14 08:46 AM
    Just received a refund from BBW. No apology, no reasons, nothing, just a refund.

So how am I going to trust BBW with another purchase???

YET another reason for me to quit BlackBerry.

And my quest still remains, I don't have a decent call recorder app that works well on BlackBerry 10 even if I'm willing to pay.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 08:44 AM
    Here is the BlackBerry World URL for the app: Call Recorder ++ - BlackBerry World

TX RAM: what OS version are you on? It is possible that they updated the app to require a newer OS than your device is on.
    03-05-14 09:03 AM
    Here is the BlackBerry World URL for the app: Call Recorder ++ - BlackBerry World

TX RAM: what OS version are you on? It is possible that they updated the app to require a newer OS than your device is on.
    That is the application which no longer works on the OP's smartphone.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-07-14 06:05 AM
    OP, Ajani Infotech is based in India, just like you. Maybe you can find a local address or number and contact them there?
    03-07-14 07:18 AM
    I would suggest you file suit against Blackberry as well along with Software Developer in Consumer Court and set an example for them, before cheating anyone else.
    03-07-14 07:48 AM
    OP, Ajani Infotech is based in India, just like you. Maybe you can find a local address or number and contact them there?
    It's not about going to court. It's about right and wrong. This is cheating and this is not fair.

If I pay for an app, I expect it to work. Not to stop working with an update.

This is what shows BlackBerry's integrity.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 10:29 AM
    Can't blame BlackBerry for a shady app developer.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    03-10-14 12:15 PM
    I guess BlackBerry has made it very difficult for the developer to work. Cause I was told by a developer friend that only some versions of the OS support some features. So an upgrade/update of the OS might have removed the capability of the app to run.

It is surely Blackberries fault. Why does it have so many versions of its OS. Why can't all the users have the same version. I'm sure apple does not have a 100 OS version running. It's got ios7 and then it's got ios7.1 coming up soon. Not ios7.5.126 and 7.6.9525 to please all its carriers.

Moreover with some updates from specific carriers, users are complaining higher internet usage.

And in all this the developer is loosing customers and getting a bad image.

But the app was the only app that could record a call clearly without the speaker phone being turned on. Even today there is no other app / paid app in BBW that can record a phone call with clarity of both the parties involved in a telephonic conversation on a bb10 device without the speakerphone being turned on.

Even today after two updates, the app says it is not available for my BlackBerry Q5. Sad!
    I think the developer has given up developing for BlackBerry.
    The same work on the Ios or android platforms could have given the developer much higher revenues by now.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 02:32 PM
    Can't blame BlackBerry for a shady app developer.

Posted via CB10
    I don't blame the developer. It's BlackBerry that is confused and lost. And soon will be dead by the way they are going.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 02:34 PM
    ANSWER THE QUESTION... which OS are you currently ON...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-28-14 02:35 PM
    I don't blame the developer. It's BlackBerry that is confused and lost. And soon will be dead by the way they are going.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry confused and lost? The system is automated. You are confused and lost... and it's the developers responsibility to get that app working for you...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Umaima_B_Dia and CerveloJohn like this.
    03-28-14 02:40 PM
    I again repeat my statement. BlackBerry has a lot of versions of its OS going around for different carriers. Some carriers optimise the OS for different features and functions. One particular version of 10.2 has a video call feature integrated in it.

The problem is that as a developer you cannot optimise your app for the different versions of the OS and hence the problems that I faced. BlackBerry world does not firstly have a big market for its apps. Add to that issued like this and I sure would get demotivated to develop any apps for the BlackBerry 10/7 platform.

Please check the number of OS versions and leaks and you will realise what I am talking about. Unlike IOS which has only one version of the OS or update.
    That is: 7.1 IOS is the same for all users irrespective of your carrier.

So this is how you treat your developers, they will surely stop making apps for you.

I had a firmware issue just about 2 weeks back and lost all my data. Now after the flash by the authorised service center, my bbw is not showing two apps that I have paid for in my purchased list and my bluetooth is also not transferring files between devices. The apps even don't appear in the search of bbw. What do you expect me to do? I've paid hard moolah for the apps. The apps are not to be seen anywhere in appworld. It's all because BlackBerry is not maintaining BBW like an apple store or like the Android play store.

BlackBerry is doomed. You can't keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Eventually even hardcore fans are going to get bugged and move to Android and IOS devices. I'm sure contemplating. IOS is first choice with typo keyboard.
    As soon as I get my hands on the typo, I'm moving to Apple iphone 5S.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 01:01 AM
    BlackBerry confused and lost? The system is automated. You are confused and lost... and it's the developers responsibility to get that app working for you...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I again repeat my statement. BlackBerry has a lot of versions of its OS going around for different carriers. Some carriers optimise the OS for different features and functions. One particular version of 10.2 has a video call feature integrated in it.

The problem is that as a developer you cannot optimise your app for the different versions of the OS and hence the problems that I faced. BlackBerry world does not firstly have a big market for its apps. Add to that issued like this and I sure would get demotivated to develop any apps for the BlackBerry 10/7 platform.

Please check the number of OS versions and leaks and you will realise what I am talking about. Unlike IOS which has only one version of the OS or update.

So this is how you treat your developers, they will surely stop making apps for you.

I had a firmware issue just about 2 weeks back and lost all my data. Now after the flash by the authorised service center, my bbw is not showing two apps that I have paid for in my purchased list and my bluetooth is also not transferring files between devices. The apps even don't appear in the search of bbw. What do you expect me to do? I've paid hard moolah for the apps. The apps are not to be seen anywhere in appworld. It's all because BlackBerry is not maintaining BBW like an apple store or like the Android play store.

BlackBerry is doomed. You can't keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Eventually even hardcore fans are going to get bugged and move to Android and IOS devices. I'm sure contemplating. IOS is first choice with typo keyboard.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 01:02 AM
    Please type myver to give the OS version please (the Space bar will change something like Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947) and post it here.
    04-14-14 02:17 AM

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    As a developer, you're supposed to optimise the app whenever possible. It's called 'support'. All apps on iOS were optimised for iOS 7. Moreover, you got your refund and it seems like the developer doesn't have its app on BBW anymore. You can't really blame BlackBerry. I agree it's a two way street. But, with new updates, new features are added to the OS and it's upto the developer to make the app work with the new version. Also you refuse to post your OS version number. Stop ranting and go buy your iPhone. And oh! You won't be able to get your Typo case though!

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    04-14-14 03:40 AM

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Haha the fact that you STILL haven't posted your current OS makes you look like a troll and have no idea what your talking about.

First your complaints about a fragmented OS holds no water when Android has way more versions in use and still has the largest app community so developers obviously have gotten used to optimization for different OS versions.

Second all free and purchased apps are tied to your BlackBerry ID so you can always reinstall at a later time as long as you are still using the same ID or you can try doing a backup once in a while.

Good luck getting a Typo. A quick Google search will show you that BlackBerry has an injuction against selling them. I heard they are quite unreliable anyway. Sorry that one bad app experience has ruined your thoughts on BlackBerry but hey they did give you a refund so not sure what more you can complain about.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    04-14-14 05:59 AM
57 123