Hi,
    This is my first post so go easy
    Basically I'm getting a new phone and ATM I'm looking the look of the Z10 over other android devices like the MOTO G.
    My question is what is the performance of Android apps like. I will likely be installing relatively light apps i.e Snapchat, Dumb Ways to Die etc. (light games)
    My question is how do these perform when installed? Are there any issues with snapchat for example?
    Thanks
    03-01-14 02:38 AM
    I say most of the android apps work better in BlackBerry then many mid range androids
    But few apps require google play servie so you cant use them and unfortunately snapchat is one of them but you can use free native snapchat

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 03:37 AM
    Snap chat works fine for me?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:41 AM
    Hmmm interesting well if you say it works I'm sure it's fine. I'm. It too bothered as I use bbm more than snaochat. So games are working well such as flappy birds?
    Also is there anything you think I should know when installing apk files or is it just download with something like 1 mobile (I think it's called that) and then install?
    I also have been to look at it today. Looks great and knowing that I can get it new for �159 is even better.
    Thanks
    03-01-14 06:48 AM
    Funny you mention flappy bird.
    Our own JC has a clip about just that

? BBM channeling at C003910CB (Tiger Daddy)
    03-01-14 06:57 AM
    Ah that's really cool. Thank you for that
    It seems to run them well so I think I'm going to bite the bullet ASAP,
    Anyone got any experience with more demanding games and apps?
    Thanks
    03-01-14 07:03 AM
    BB10 won't run android apps even as close to the performance of what you are looking at. Sad, but it's the truth. You aren't really limited to the apps but are limited to features and performance!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 07:10 AM
    Apps that require google services won't work, so investigate before you load. 1 mobile market for me is the best for free apps. Even region specific apps that are in Google play that won't work for me works when downloaded from 1 mobile market. Only thing, there are a lots of fake apps in there so you have to be careful. I've determined that the lighter apps in terms of file size are the fake ones eg you will see a Netflix app at let's say 11mb and a fake on at 950kb the 950kb is the fake.

My Z30 just keeps me moving.....
    03-01-14 07:16 AM
    Ok thanks. I think the z 10 will be great. Just for an idea what kind of apps require google services?
    Thanks
    03-01-14 07:24 AM
    Ok thanks. I think the z 10 will be great. Just for an idea what kind of apps require google services?
    Thanks
    That are usually made by google and that requires you to connect to gmail etc

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 07:31 AM
    Ah ok that won't be a problem then. all set I think.
    Just one last question and it's not very important and that is:
    Is it possible to change icons of apps and apply themes like themer on android?
    Thanks and as I said not very important but would be cool to know
    03-01-14 07:51 AM
    Ah ok that won't be a problem then. all set I think.
    Just one last question and it's not very important and that is:
    Is it possible to change icons of apps and apply themes like themer on android?
    Thanks and as I said not very important but would be cool to know
    Unfortunately, no

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 07:59 AM
    Ok no worries then hopefully some time in the future!
    03-01-14 08:03 AM
    Themes can be installed with the use of an android launcher such as ex go pro. To be really useful the launcher should remain open in an active frame. It would appear that you would be really using and android phone as all the android apps that you download would be sorted in alphabetical.

03-01-14 08:23 AM
    Ok and then just close the active frame to go back to blackberry stock theme?
    03-01-14 08:43 AM
    The active frame can remain open as you are allowed 8 active frames open at the same time. When you minimize the android launcher you will return to the bb10 home screen where you can then start you BlackBerry apps by tapping the small rectangular apps icon on the screen

03-01-14 09:46 AM
    Ok got it gonna check out that launcher now
    03-01-14 09:52 AM
    Was going to say I got given a Huawei P6 and selling it after 2 hours in eBay, the z10 runs Android aps better than most mid range Android handsets!!

Pitting the money to a Z3 as I do want a bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:26 PM
    I love temple run 2, fruit ninja and flappy bird. BlackBerry said that games ran better than apps with their Android runtime

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 12:08 AM
    I had an unexpected experience with apps a while ago - completely inverse to what I would have expected. I was looking for a self-timer app for my Z10 camera. Tried a free BB app. Worked great, and then after a couple of weeks it demanded payment, despite that it made no mention of a free trial period only. A bit of a ****-off, so I tried another BB free app. It wouldn't work. Tried another, and even though it was ostensibly from a different developer it looked suspiciously like the last app that I tried. And it had exactly the same problem. So I tried another free app from yet another developer. Again it looked just like the last two apps, and had the same exact problem. So I decided to find a free Android app to try from Amazon. First one I tried worked perfectly - just what I wanted, with less permissions than the BB apps. Not what I would have expected, that's for sure. I have a new respect for Android apps, and less confidence in BB apps.
    03-03-14 12:44 AM
    Was going to say I got given a Huawei P6 and selling it after 2 hours in eBay, the z10 runs Android aps better than most mid range Android handsets!!

Pitting the money to a Z3 as I do want a bigger screen.

That's interesting
    Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 12:45 AM
    It's all looking good. I love the design of the bb10 too compared to other android devices
    03-03-14 12:47 AM
    I personally would of gotten a Z30 because it is a much more powerful phone than the Z10.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-03-14 12:48 AM
    I still haven't got the z10 yet (will do soon).
    I would Ivor to jump for the z30 but it is much more pricey where I am so that would be my reason not to get it.
    03-03-14 12:56 AM
    Aren't you used to pricey with Apple ? ;p

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-03-14 12:58 AM
38 12