Hey guys, i have just found a little tips here, but I don't know how it works, this tips I found in my iPad. It tell me that location service is improving when WiFi is turned on even when it is not connected to WiFi network and u know what, it also work in BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 12:57 AM
    You're surely using up more battery consumption and I'm not so sure about this tip.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    03-01-14 01:55 AM
    You're surely using up more battery consumption and I'm not so sure about this tip.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    Little bit maybe, but here I found something which google also say so
    https://support.google.com/gmm/answer/81873?hl=en

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 02:33 AM
    I'm sorry, but that is rubbish.

What are you using to judge accuracy? What most GPS products report as accuracy is the horizontal dilution of precision which is not a really useful measurement of accuracy at all. To judge the accuracy of a GPS fix you need to compare it with a very accurately know position. For a complete discussion of GPS accuracy see Welcome to GPS.gov

BB10 devices using the Qualcom Snapdragon s4 or similar don't just use GPS, they also use GLONASS for improved performance especially in urban areas.
    03-02-14 10:25 AM
    I'm sorry, but that is rubbish.

What are you using to judge accuracy? What most GPS products report as accuracy is the horizontal dilution of precision which is not a really useful measurement of accuracy at all. To judge the accuracy of a GPS fix you need to compare it with a very accurately know position. For a complete discussion of GPS accuracy see Welcome to GPS.gov

BB10 devices using the Qualcom Snapdragon s4 or similar don't just use GPS, they also use GLONASS for improved performance especially in urban areas.
    I had used gps many times in my life both in my ipad and BB10. I judge the accuracy based on the street I walked into, if there is a turn, I will see what is the road name, and I will see the gps itself, if the dot in the gps in my devices show the right name of the street than the accuracy is good, then I will continue to use it, also there is a circle with a color around the dot, it determined the accuracy of ur GPS. I have tested myself that's why I sharing it to you guys. I'm not the guy who like to talk bull****, I talk based on fact I had experienced

Posted via CB10
    Oddsocket likes this.
    03-02-14 01:57 PM
    WiFi is indeed said to improve the speed and accuracy of GPS fixes on Android, Windows Phone 8, and iOS - and the claim has rung true in my experience with those platforms, though I've no idea how it works. BlackBerry 10 doesn't explicitly state that WiFi will improve the accuracy, but it's possible that the same principle applies nonetheless.
    03-02-14 02:14 PM
    It does say so in the settings: We're using crowdsourcing to obtain Wi-Fi hotspots for a better and faster GPS fix.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 02:30 PM
    WiFi is indeed said to improve the speed and accuracy of GPS fixes on Android, Windows Phone 8, and iOS - and the claim has rung true in my experience with those platforms, though I've no idea how it works. BlackBerry 10 doesn't explicitly state that WiFi will improve the accuracy, but it's possible that the same principle applies nonetheless.
    Yeah, I have two reasons why I think it has the same principles.
    -First, bcoz I have tested it. My home (indoor) is the location which has the low gps signal even my ipad that I believe has the strongest signal than any of devices I have, still have the circle around the dot, but not large, it said the accuracy are 30m radius away (WiFi turned on). So I decided to tested it with my BB10, first I open maps without turned on the WiFi, the accuracy said 1500m away, which is not possible to use it, then I turned on the WiFi, 30 seconds later the accuracy increased to 40m away.
    -Second, I see the GPS hardware that used in the Android phone are same as BB10 have

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 02:40 PM
    It does say so in the settings: We're using crowdsourcing to obtain Wi-Fi hotspots for a better and faster GPS fix.

Posted via CB10
    Where? Where the settings that say that?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 02:43 PM
    Didn't Google get hammered for collecting wifi network data while driving around their streetview vehicles?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 02:45 PM
    Where? Where the settings that say that?

Posted via CB10
    Found it. Settings > Location Services > More Info.

[Tip] Improving Location Accuracy-img_20140302_171828.png

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 04:19 PM
    You can use google maps on an iPod touch, which doesn't even have gps, and it gets a pretty good bead on your location via Google's wifi database.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 04:28 PM
    Found it. Settings > Location Services > More Info.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140302_171828.png 
Views:	867 
Size:	192.8 KB 
ID:	252252

Posted via CB10
    Hey, why ur screen setting have black theme, and mine not? Where u configure it?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 10:52 PM
    Hey, why ur screen setting have black theme, and mine not? Where u configure it?

Posted via CB10
    You probably have a Z10 or Q5. The settings are only dark on the Z30 and Q10.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:11 PM
    Will try these soon. BlackBerry map has a very bad location accuracy for me lately.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 12:53 AM
    Will try these soon. BlackBerry map has a very bad location accuracy for me lately.

Posted via CB10
    Use Waze, I'm using waze right now, and it completely great, it has 3 search engine, foursquare, the waze itself, and google maps, there is a feature that allows to know if there are accident, traffic jam, and many more, install it via snap

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 06:35 AM
    Use Waze, I'm using waze right now, and it completely great, it has 3 search engine, foursquare, the waze itself, and google maps, there is a feature that allows to know if there are accident, traffic jam, and many more, install it via snap

Posted via CB10
    I want the BlackBerry 3D navigation.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 07:55 AM
    The gps accuracy and even the compass are just about useless on my z10. The compass doesn't worry me much, I rarely use the gps, but I'd like for them to be right in case I need them.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 08:14 AM
    The gps accuracy and even the compass are just about useless on my z10. The compass doesn't worry me much, I rarely use the gps, but I'd like for them to be right in case I need them.

Posted via CB10
    Try the trick I gave, turn on the wifi, and see the miracle happen in ur location accuracy. I am use Z10 gps with waze as my navigation. The navigation and location accuracy are completely great everytime I need it.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 10:37 AM
    I want the BlackBerry 3D navigation.

Posted via CB10
    It is up to you, but I don't use BlackBerry Maps because my city not fully supported by BlackBerry, there are several street that not shows up

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 10:41 AM