Went to the Sprint store to do my upgrade and to pick up a Q10. Girl told me that per a Sprint directive, they had to send all Blackberry units back to the manufacturer and were not getting any more. Thought that sounded weird, so I drove two miles to the next sprint store and was told the same thing. They are gone and won't be getting any more in again. I came home and call Sprint order line, lady tells me she can't fulfill the order, the system won't allow it, that I have to go to a store to get it. I tell her what I was told at the stores. She looks it up on her computer and tells me both stores I went to show that they have stock. So I called both stores, again was told that Sprint made them send all stock back to Blackberry and will no longer carry them. Called Sprint back, was told again, the system will not allow ordering of that phone, available only in stores. I was told to go online and click on the 'reserve for store pickup' option. Did that. As of now, I have an appt to pick up a Q10 tomorrow from a store that says they have none and never will have any..

I'm confused. Any insight? Of course I will know tomorrow what happens but it is really odd. Has anyone heard of them having to send the entire stock back?
    monterrelleno1 likes this.
    02-28-14 07:15 PM
    Looks like a communication issue OR it's Sprint's way of subtly telling customers "we're not supporting BlackBerry"

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 07:20 PM
    Oh no... I was hoping I got bad information. I had a little mild insider information that said Sprint was discontinuing the Q10... In a related note, there is no information about the update that was supposed to be here today and isn't. I wonder if Sprint wasn't thrilled about BlackBerry demands that the update be pushed out and decided just to can BlackBerry as a whole. Looks like it might be time to switch carriers.
    02-28-14 07:35 PM
    I got the same problem when I went to get my Q10 from sprint and I went the day it came out. The system wouldn't let them order it and the had to jump through all the hoops to get it. You have to demand it and order them too. Remember they get paid to deal with customers that are way worse then a addict like you or me. Just go in there for your appointment and order them to give it to you tell them that you will switch service if they don't do what you tell them and call corporate too if they refuse to cooperate. Just don't get aggressive they like to call the cops when you do that lol

Posted via CB10 via My Q10
    02-28-14 07:40 PM
    What a mess. Last thing I want is another damn android. This is just wonderful.
    02-28-14 08:02 PM
    Well in all honesty I don't see switching (US) carriers a solution to your problem, I'm on Verizon and yet you might be able to get a phone but I seriously don't see future support hence Q10SQN100-2/10.1.0.4699.

Have you tried Amazon or ebay? Good luck! You may also want to wait for BlackBerry to launch the next round of phones but again I don't see future carrier support working out on our side.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    02-28-14 08:19 PM
    I have tried Amazon. It asks if you are a current Sprint customer and asks phone number, PIN etc. before it allows you to place an order. I did that and was refused. We just changed our plan to the 'framerly' plan, we were forced into when we upgraded my sons phone on our acct. Amazon said I wasn't allowed an upgrade on that plan. Best buy, Radio shack say the same.

The changes at Sprint aren't very customer friendly. The store rep told us when we upgraded the phone that we "HAD" to switch to that new plan as a condition of the upgrade. That no matter who's line, it is mandatory now. The upgrade is now BS as well. Instead of getting a phone for 'X' amount (discounted), the new way is you have to pay monthly for the phone, which over a two year contract is full price. No choice. I miss the days when My 6 lines and the $460 I pay per month for service, insurance, taxes and fees, bought me gold status. Yearly upgrades at true discounted prices. If I had a problem, I would call them and they always offered some concession. Anything from a free phone to hefty bill credits. Those were the good old days.. What, two years ago?
    02-28-14 09:58 PM
    If a company refuses you to selll you a Q10 or any other product, why would you want to do business with them? Spend your dollars else where...you can find new in box Q10 for cheap on craigslist and ebay. and you can still insure it when from sprint and have the warranty from bb.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 11:47 PM
    Maybe they will get the Q20? Wishful thinking I know.
    03-01-14 01:37 AM
    I got my Q10 three days after it was released on line, I've bought my last three BB's from Sprint the same way with no problem, I don't know what their game is, but at one time they offered more devices than most of the others.
    03-01-14 08:33 AM
    Hopefully they just did a recall to fix the keyboard. It's common for a key to become super sensitive. I hope Sprint isn't dropping Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 10:19 AM
    That's strange. Their website still shows the Q10 as well as a couple of older BlackBerry models. I would think they would remove them from their site asap if they were no longer supporting BlackBerry.

I bought my Q10 from them about a month ago. Actually, I purchased the phone through wirefly for $80 if I signed up for Sprint service. They didn't give me any grief about the phone.

Hmmm...so I guess the OS update is out of the question? not that I had too much confidence of the release but was hopeful. Anyone know which version of current releases work best with Sprint?
    03-01-14 10:30 AM
    If it wasn't for unlimited data and the fact that the LTE is spread nicely in my area, It would've taken my 7 lines somewhere else long ago.
    03-01-14 10:57 AM
    That's strange. Their website still shows the Q10 as well as a couple of older BlackBerry models. I would think they would remove them from their site asap if they were no longer supporting BlackBerry.
    I know. That was one of the things that threw me. That is the way I was told to order the phone, by clicking on the 'reserve online pick up at store' option. That's what I did. I have an appointment at 2PM to pick the phone up. That is at a store that already told me they were shipped back to Blackberry and are not coming back. It should be interesting to see what happens. I do not anticipate coming home with a new Q10.

I looked at Verizon last night, they have all the new Blackberry devices. Almost pulled the trigger on a Q30 but am going to wait and see what happens with Sprint. I hate to splinter off one line to a new carrier. My wife and kids are all happy with their phones and service. Of course they all have iphones and android. We'll see what happens here shortly. I strongly suspect being pushed toward a samsung android device by the rep I deal with. I'll post back the results.
    03-01-14 11:18 AM
    Getting some popcorn and some candy can't wait this is going to be great

03-01-14 11:29 AM
    Being a former Sprint employee, I make it a goal to never ever purchase an upgrade in the store. For the last 5 years I just order it online or call in the order for all 10 lines on my plan. Why deal with the haggling / accessory pushing / upselling reps? Just wait 1 to 2 days and the phone shows up on your front door!

Posted from my BB Q10
    03-01-14 11:37 AM
    Maybe because when I called Sprint to order the phone, I was told the system would not allow them to order it, that it had to be purchased through a store, period. Only way to get it.

edit: Killing time, I called the Sprint store located at the Sprint HQ, here in Overland Park. I asked if they had any Q10's in stock. The girl went to check, came back and said they had 11 of them. I told her what I was told yesterday by other stores. She said that may be true but that the HQ store keeps a stock because it is popular with a lot of the HQ employees. Interesting.

I told her I may be there about 2:15 this afternoon. She is holding one for me just in case. I probably should have gone there first last night, as it's actually closer to me but was out with the wife shopping in another part of town.
    Last edited by rikenco; 03-01-14 at 12:15 PM.
    03-01-14 11:43 AM
    This is true, Sprint no longer will carry the phone in stores. I am reluctant and wont renew my contract and getting the upgrade with sprint since I want a Z30. After months of searching online to get a good price, I got my Q10 from craiglist. It was listed for 300 but after an intense negotiation I finally got to close the deal for $175. My Q10 is great and even though we do not have the new update, it is a great phone!!! Well, I went to connect my Q10 and the first thing that I noticed was that they did not have the Q10s in stock, I spoke to the Store Manager and he told me that he is a Blackberry fan as well but because they sold very little amount, Sprint decided to remove them. He also told me he did not know if Corporate Sprint was going to continue to support BB or if they were going to launch the new update and of course he did not know anything on the Z30. Even though I was happy because of my Q10 it really did frustrate me Sprints lack of support on BB.
    03-01-14 12:32 PM
    Okay, so I went to the appointment and they DID have the Q10 there. The guy helping me said they had sent it over this morning from the HQ store. I did notice there is no longer a Blackberry display, or demo unit in the store. The guy confirmed that they were in fact directed to ship all their stock back to Blackberry and were told that they were no longer going to carry any BB device in that store. He isn't sure why but said he had heard that only select stores will carry the devices and call in/online orders will be directed to those stores only. He said he had heard that the shipping them back to BB, was requested by BB. So, who knows.

No, after all this, I did NOT get the Q10. I got nothing. Why? The only way to do an upgrade now is to pay outright, up front for the phone, which is full price. $529. Or do an 'easy-pay' and have equal monthly payments invoiced on your monthly bill. I chose that option. then the guy proceeds to tell me I need to pay a $50 down payment, the first months payment and all sales tax on the full amount of the phone. Total today to get the phone, $163.54 and still pay $22 monthly for it for two more years. I balked. Before we were forced into this framerly plan, the upgrade price was $149 with a $50 mail in rebate. So, $99 essentially. So now they want an up front payment that is even more than that? Plus I still have to pay $22 per month for two more years? Nope. Not going to do that. Plus the fact he tells me that with the new way, you can upgrade every year now. Whee! So you mean you are charging me sales tax for the full price of a phone, that I may only keep for 12 months? Do I get half the tax money back if I only keep it a year? No.

At Verizon, the Q30 can be had for the same $22 per month, the Z10 is free. If I chose the Q30, the upfront cost is $22. No extra down payments, no sales tax added on upfront. Sprint is making it very hard for me to stay. But hey, I was offered an $80 bill credit (that will show up within the next 5 cycles) If I renewed today! I had to laugh.
    03-01-14 05:29 PM
    ^^^Haha. That's beyond laughable. Unlimited data, man if I could only get it on Verizon....
    Last edited by axllebeer; 03-04-14 at 08:32 AM.
    03-01-14 05:37 PM
    The saga continues. I get a call this morning from the rep at the Sprint store. He says he made a mistake yesterday. I can have the Q10 with no down payment of any type and the monthly payment is $18, not $22. If I want it, he will hold it til end of business today. I didn't commit one way or the other. I am on the fence though and leaning toward getting it. If I understand correctly, I will have 14 days to decide if I want to keep it and my contract renewal doesn't become 'official' until that 14 day honeymoon period is up. Is that right?, if anyone knows..
    03-02-14 10:16 AM
    Yes I believe that is right I have heard I had 14 day period. That might have changed with your plan though. But it should still be that 14 day honeymoon. I say get it I have the Q10 and it amazing and awesome and even if a new BlackBerry comes out for sprint in 6 months the Q10 will get the update(leaked of course) so it's not like you will be falling behind. Oh sprint probably won't be upgrading the os so you need to install the leak I would recommend 1925 that's what I have and I hear the new one is good too but there is really no way to not there is so much in the 10.2.1 that you really need the leak lol it just so awesome

03-02-14 11:00 AM
    Picked the Q10 up. It better start doing handstands and cartwheels pretty quick, so far it's pretty meh. Contacts can only have one email address? You can only set one alarm? I have to figure out how to load 10.2 on the thing, it's been several years since my Bold. I am kind out of the BB loop.

I will say, the phone is excellent. That is the actual telephone. It sounds better than any I have had for the longest. I love the keyboard, didn't realize how much I actually missed one. However, it is supposed to auto correct with the space-bar, I have that enabled and it is not working. I hope if I can figure out the 10.2 loading, it becomes what I was hoping it was.
    03-02-14 06:33 PM
    ^^Definitely load a leak. I have the 1925 and it's been great! You can add multiple email addresses and multiple alarms

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 10:31 PM
    Hello!

I believe all BB10 devices come with 10.1 OS loaded on them. At the moment, my Q10 is running Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141... So a newer version. I often set multiple alarms, as that is in the new update(s). Don't worry about that!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 10:41 PM
28 12