Spent 15 mins yakking with BB fan store clerk..

he said

1) Bolds were ALL buggy at the time of their first UK release - they ALL had to go back. But are now OK now..

2) Storm may never break free from its Vodaphone exclusivity, so don't hold your breath for availability on other UK networks... (if your companies Page Ranking celebrity endorse (Lewis Hamilton) just won the worlds formula 1 racing car championship would YOU let go of exclusivity....?

3) Because of the above Carphone Warehouse may skip over the Storm (leaving it to Vodaphone) and go straight to the Javelin....

4) .... but AFTER Xmas... Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

5) He said iPhone was a nightmare with people unhappy with its operation / performance..

Anyway BB comrades.. from your man in London, UK

Report ends..
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 11-06-08 at 10:38 AM.
    11-06-08 10:36 AM
    he was a bitter rep.... he said no a lot

oh, and don't trust reps....
    11-06-08 12:33 PM
    they say a lot to make you happy eh?
    11-06-08 12:51 PM
    i agree, they tend to say anything to get you hyped up
    11-06-08 12:57 PM
    CPW are not skipping over the Storm its just that Phones 4U signed an exclusivity deal with Vodafone on it, similar to CPW and the iPhone 3G.

My local CPW always seem to know very little, although they did say that the unbranded Bolds that they sell were problem free but I suspect its more to do with the OS than the unbranded bit of it.

There probably are a lot of folk unhappy with the iPhone, I love bits of it and hate others but theres always going to be folk who don't like it or love it.
    11-06-08 12:59 PM
    CPW are not skipping over the Storm its just that Phones 4U signed an exclusivity deal with Vodafone on it, similar to CPW and the iPhone 3G.

My local CPW always seem to know very little, although they did say that the unbranded Bolds that they sell were problem free but I suspect its more to do with the OS than the unbranded bit of it.

There probably are a lot of folk unhappy with the iPhone, I love bits of it and hate others but theres always going to be folk who don't like it or love it.
    you are absolutely correct
    11-06-08 01:09 PM
    Casper TFG, nice to c a fellow bberryAdict in London.

I'm based in central London, so love going around gathring info for diffrent bberry fones.

Over and out too.... Sssshhhsshhshshshshss! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 01:12 AM
    you will see the storm on other carriers .. in the UK, US, and CA (and beyond). Maybe not as the 'storm', but it'll arive soon .. trust me ..
    11-07-08 04:07 AM
    I just called the CPW public sales line and asked about Javelin deliveries. The girl said, end of December, I said that it was a pity cuz they would miss Christmas and was told that they had the Bold and the Storm to cover that.

I do not think that I shall be getting an 8900 from Father Christmas - rats.
    Last edited by Pete6; 11-07-08 at 04:59 AM.
    11-07-08 04:55 AM
    sweet, so it should be out before i leave the US in jan!!
    I can use it from Tmobile in india then!
    any release before would be awesome!
    11-07-08 05:14 AM
    I like CPW, they seem to have pretty decent customer services wherever you go. And I love the fact they sell un-branded phones, that's their major selling point for me.
    I can't wait to go and have a play with a Javelin, just hope I can control myself til it's time for my upgrade!
    11-07-08 07:24 AM
    I just called the CPW public sales line and asked about Javelin deliveries. The girl said, end of December, I said that it was a pity cuz they would miss Christmas and was told that they had the Bold and the Storm to cover that.
    So does that mean CPW is getting the Storm...at some point ?

When I bought my Bold from CPW the sales guy was great & a bit of a Techno geek so he knew a lot about BB's, he did say he had seen the Bold, Storm & Flip in product meetings of devices coming soon....not sure if that was before the Phones4u / Voda tie-up, Ironically he said there was no word on the Javelin.

So it seems different people are seeing / being told different things & there's no definitive answer....just have to wait & see.

I haven't had any Bold problems with my CPW Bold by the way.
    11-07-08 07:28 AM
    I am almost certain I read that CPW will not get the Storm because P4U signed exclusive deal with Voda.
    11-07-08 08:05 AM

I did't think that CPW sold Vodafone handset on contract. I thought that CPW only sold Vodafone prepaid handsets and sim's. I have checked their website and they don't look to offer any Vodafone contract offers.

If this is the case then the deal that Vodafone has with Blackberry re the storm can only be for a few weeks and that would be odd.
    11-07-08 08:38 AM
    So does that mean CPW is getting the Storm...at some point ?

When I bought my Bold from CPW the sales guy was great & a bit of a Techno geek so he knew a lot about BB's, he did say he had seen the Bold, Storm & Flip in product meetings of devices coming soon....not sure if that was before the Phones4u / Voda tie-up, Ironically he said there was no word on the Javelin.

So it seems different people are seeing / being told different things & there's no definitive answer....just have to wait & see.

I haven't had any Bold problems with my CPW Bold by the way.
    I am honestly not sure what to read into this statement.

The best thing for you to do honestly is to call 0870 087 0870 and talk to CPW. I picked Sales (1), New order and the something else I can't remember. The girl was pretyy helpful but could only read me information from her screen or piece of paper.
    11-07-08 09:32 AM
    The Vodaphone boss and Lewis Hamilton are all over the UK news promoting it - I predict - no unlocked / other network Storms until the summer..

Javelin in January..

If customers cant try browsing the web in stores on demo Storm handsets - running G3 connections - I think it will be a disastrous launch.. Who would buy one of those from just having a store clerk unwrap one and hand to you with no network connection...?

No way..

They better have their sh1t together and have demo display booths with working models to try..

IMHO
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 11-07-08 at 05:42 PM.
    11-07-08 05:34 PM
    The Vodaphone boss and Lewis Hamilton are all over the UK news promoting it - I predict - no unlocked / other network Storms until the summer..

Javelin in January..

If customers cant try browsing the web in stores on demo Storm handsets - running G3 connections - I think it will be a disastrous launch.. Who would buy one of those from just having a store clerk unwrap one and hand to you with no network connection...?

No way..

They better have their sh1t together and have demo display booths with working models to try..

IMHO
    i question why you are saying this, you've been to phone shops right?

most stores either have demo phones locked to a table or you can ask to play with a demo phone.

why would it be disastrous? most people don't play with phones like this at launch before buying for example the iphone, i was at the launch no one tried one out first.
    11-07-08 06:40 PM
    Most Vodafone stores gave display tables where you can play with some of their phones, mainly Business Type devices like the E71, Bold, HTC Touch Pro so I would imagine they will do a similar setup with the Storm.
    11-08-08 03:37 AM
    i question why you are saying this, you've been to phone shops right?

most stores either have demo phones locked to a table or you can ask to play with a demo phone.

why would it be disastrous? most people don't play with phones like this at launch before buying for example the iphone, i was at the launch no one tried one out first.
    I did't think that CPW sold Vodafone handset on contract. I thought that CPW only sold Vodafone prepaid handsets and sim's. I have checked their website and they don't look to offer any Vodafone contract offers.

If this is the case then the deal that Vodafone has with Blackberry re the storm can only be for a few weeks and that would be odd.
    Yeah I think CPW and Vodafone fell out with CPW big style a few years ago, they don't sell Vodafone contracts anymore.
    11-08-08 04:00 AM
    ..... people don't play with phones like this at launch before buying for example the iphone, i was at the launch no one tried one out first.
    iPhone? Are you kidding? There were about 4 out on display in each Carphone Wharehouse - that was good..! I would need time with an operational Storm before purchase

Most Vodafone stores gave display tables where you can play with some of their phones, mainly Business Type devices like the E71, Bold, HTC Touch Pro so I would imagine they will do a similar setup with the Storm.
    OK cool, I have never set foot in a Vodaphone store, thanks
    11-08-08 04:03 PM
    - There are Storms in every Voda store, right now.

- CPW will NOT get the Storm.

- I like pie.
    11-11-08 07:18 AM
    Mmmmmmm, pie.
    11-11-08 09:16 AM
    I already set my heart on a Javelin but want to demo the Storm anyway...

Bring pie
    11-12-08 04:19 PM
    I tell you what......even for the chance to play with a Storm whilst eating free pie I wouldn't go back with Vodafone!

It's an 8900 on O2 for me. (And seemingly no pie, which would suck.)
    11-13-08 10:25 AM
    Merry Friday all.
    Carphone Warehouse showing 8900 'expected December' as of this morning here. NICE! You can register interest for a 'special deal' too.

BlackBerry 8900 Curve: Coming Soon - The Carphone Warehouse
    Last edited by GenusRubus; 11-14-08 at 02:42 AM.
    11-14-08 02:40 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD