Hi.. I know there are various threads on playbook troubleshooting, I tried almost all the techniques, but to no avail. Hence turning to forums myself. Please forgive me if I'm being repetitive.

I own a playbook 64gb...few weeks back whole I was on a bus, watching a film on it...the battery died and the playbook shut itself down. it has happened before, so I didn't take it that seriously. I came back home, put on my charger...the battery icon came and it showed it was charging...the yellow light turned on and faded out after 2-3 secs...then the playbook screen appeared. The changing colours appeared for long time, then it suddenly switched off...I didn't even press the start button, it automatically does so. this cycle keeps repeating. It's been 48 hours it's doing this.

I'm using the factory charger which came with the playbook. I don't know what else to do. I have used the rapid charger as well, to no avail. BlackBerry doesn't even have a playbook helpline in India. So I need your help..

On my Z10
    02-25-14 11:35 AM
    Hi anady and welcome to the forums !
    I'd suggest you try the following:
    Plug your charger for a few minutes (? before the PB actually starts) and then, unplug it and wait for 2 minutes then plug it back.
    Repeat this cycle for 5-10 times before you let it charge full (I'd say at least one hour).

Let us know how it goes !
    Cheers
    SF
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-25-14 11:40 AM
    Hi anady and welcome to the forums !
    I'd suggest you try the following:
    Plug your charger for a few minutes (? before the PB actually starts) and then, unplug it and wait for 2 minutes then plug it back.
    Repeat this cycle for 5-10 times before you let it charge full (I'd say at least one hour).

Let us know how it goes !
    Cheers
    SF
    You can also plug in the rapid charger to a power strip and just use the switch on that to toggle on and off....

c
    02-25-14 11:43 AM
    Thanks for responding. I forgot to mention, I have tried stack charging, atleast 40times but it keeps repeating.

I remember someone mentioning that the playbook doesn't need to be started, but I have never pressed the power button, it automatically starts on its own...

On my Z10
    02-25-14 11:48 AM
    Try a hardware reset.
    Hold ALL buttons
    Pow+volUP+volDN+MED

? Q10 - 2ADB71BC
    02-25-14 11:53 AM
    Try a reset.
    Press and hold the Power button until it restarts.
    worked for me...
    c2
    02-25-14 11:55 AM
    If you hold the power button while it's trying to boot it should shut down. You should then see a pulsing greenish/yellow light. When that is a steady green light it is fully charged. It should take 3-4 hours. After that try to boot.
    02-25-14 12:02 PM
    Try a hardware reset.
    Hold ALL buttons
    Pow+volUP+volDN+MED

? Q10 - 2ADB71BC
    I tried the hardware reset just now, it did the same thing...the only difference this time was the yellow light glowed for 8 secs before the playbook splash screen appeared...

Will be trying a reset now...with just a power button...

On my Z10
    02-25-14 12:03 PM
    If you hold the power button while it's trying to boot it should shut down. You should then see a pulsing greenish/yellow light. When that is a steady green light it is fully charged. It should take 3-4 hours. After that try to boot.
    I shut it down successfully...but then it doesn't do anything...waited for an hour but no activity..no lights blinking...I'm starting to worry its a bigger problem than I initially thought it was..

On my Z10
    02-25-14 02:29 PM
    With it shut down and connected to the rapid charger, try to see if it is recognized by DM or Link on your computer. Open the DM or Link before connecting the usb to playbook/pc

Maybe you can trick it to starting and get it to charge up again.
    02-25-14 02:33 PM
    With my rapid charger, i sometimes have to. Use a toothbrush to clean playbook contacts and charger contacts.

Q10-2ADB71BC **PB-50104257
    02-25-14 04:44 PM
    I have ordered a rapid charger. Will try it and post the results.

On my Z10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-28-14 03:36 AM
    I have ordered a rapid charger. Will try it and post the results.

On my Z10
    Make sure no shards of metal in magnetic charger port of playbook.

2ADB71BC_________10-Q Very much.
    02-28-14 07:31 PM
    If all else fails RIMBERRY has the best customer support on the planet and may send you a new PlayBook. I know they did for me and others. The number is on this Site but I hope the rapid charger fixes the issue good luck!
    03-02-14 06:23 AM
    So, I got my rapid charger today and very excitedly put it in just to see if my dead playbook works...but...it is stuck doing the same...

As suggested above...i connected it to my mac and the download manager asked me to reload the software and as I had the backup, I did a reinstall...

But the same results, it still goes blank after 4 minutes of the playbook splash screen, and then there is no activity. Although the screen remains on but blank...

I don't know what to do

On my Z10
    03-03-14 10:28 AM
    1.Try connecting it to a monitor or TV with HDMI. Do you see anything?
    2. If that doesn't work, do three finger restart.
    03-03-14 10:50 AM
    So, I got my rapid charger today and very excitedly put it in just to see if my dead playbook works...but...it is stuck doing the same...

As suggested above...i connected it to my mac and the download manager asked me to reload the software and as I had the backup, I did a reinstall...

But the same results, it still goes blank after 4 minutes of the playbook splash screen, and then there is no activity. Although the screen remains on but blank...

I don't know what to do

On my Z10
    Is the screen really on? Can you test with an HDMI cable to a TV? Perhaps the LED screen is bad.
    03-03-14 10:54 AM
    Nothing happens when I connect...

I can see the black screen is on...but there is no activity on it...no hdmi activity when connected...

On my Z10
    03-03-14 01:22 PM