I've a friend that's going to move up to a BB and she's leaning toward the Pearl. I think it's mainly for aesthetic reasons (which are important). I've my reasons for liking the Curve better but I was wondering what other Curve people thought - pro and con. p.s. I realize this is the Curve forum but there must be some of us that wish we'd have chosen a different BB - as long as it's a BB
    11-06-08 09:36 AM
    Curve if only for the full keyboard.
    11-06-08 09:55 AM
    Well I am female and someone who has had both. I prefer the Curve over the pearl and here are the main reasons.

Screen size is bigger

I love the full keyboard (hate the sure type on pearl)

To me sound quality is better on the Curve

maybe not important to all but is to me that is why I chose the Curve.
    11-06-08 09:57 AM
    The full keyboard in combination with it's small size. I got spoiled on a full keyboard with my old Treo so when I had to switch to BB for work I HAD to have a full keyboard.
    11-06-08 10:03 AM
    I didnt like the look of the pearl, Im loving my curve..
    11-06-08 10:03 AM
    I like the Pearls. Compact, SureType is blazing fast if you try it. It's all a matter of personal preference though. They are both great devices. Essentially the same internally. Little more memory on with the Curve. The thing to do is go to the provider and actually play with one of each for a bit. Not those dummy phones, tell them you want to finger the real deal. And a 2 week to 1 month trial is pretty standard.
    11-06-08 10:05 AM
    I'd considered the curve, my pearl is rather new and I would have to pay quite a bit to upgrade. I then found out the curve does not have a streaming video player. Which in turn no You tube. I LOVE MY PEARL!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 10:24 AM
    I came from a Pearl and while I did love it, I love my Curve so much more. The bigger screen and the full keyboard won me over.
    11-06-08 10:28 AM
    Like someone said it's a personal thing and that person has to make the decision no matter what is said here.

However, I'll put in my two cents as well. I had a pearl for about 5 months and upgraded to a curve. I enjoyed the pearl, but I love the curve!! I love the full keyboard, bigger screen, more memory, the fact I can play spider on the curve & couldn't the pearl. Those are the main pros for me. It's a little bigger, but still fits in my front jeans pocket & this busy mom on the go loves it!!
    11-06-08 10:42 AM
    I'd considered the curve, my pearl is rather new and I would have to pay quite a bit to upgrade. I then found out the curve does not have a streaming video player. Which in turn no You tube. I LOVE MY PEARL!!!

Actually I have a Curve and YouTube works just fine for me as long as you have the 4.5 OS.
    11-06-08 10:43 AM
    Thanks for all the responses. I like the full keyboard too, but not to be contentious, the keys are so small I do a lot of backspacing to make my text right. Maybe my fingers are too fat
    11-06-08 11:07 AM
    Go with the Curve...
    11-06-08 11:09 AM
    I'd go with the Curve, the Pearl is nice but I like the bigger screen and full keyboard. I watch Youtube videos all the time and I have OS 4.3
    11-06-08 11:19 AM
    SD: Why? It says you have a Pearl (and you're a CB Genius). p.s. I like the quote. Where's it from?
    11-06-08 11:28 AM
    I like the Pearls. Compact, SureType is blazing fast if you try it. It's all a matter of personal preference though. They are both great devices. Essentially the same internally. Little more memory on with the Curve. The thing to do is go to the provider and actually play with one of each for a bit. Not those dummy phones, tell them you want to finger the real deal. And a 2 week to 1 month trial is pretty standard.
    Ah come on plt! Ya gotta upgrade to the 8220 because it's got 128MB! Woo Hoo! BTW - I'm still humming that tune!

He's right - it's personal preference, mostly due to the keyboards and screen sizes. If you get the SureType option set up right, you can type just as fast on the Pearl keyboard as any full QWERTY. But it does take practice!
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 11-06-08 at 11:34 AM.
    11-06-08 11:32 AM
    Curve all the way

05-01-09 10:14 PM
    I waiting for the Tour to be released from Verizon, but till then, my Pearly is a running machine...
    05-01-09 10:16 PM
    I just upgraded to the curve and i couldn be happier. I had the pearl for about 2 months and just couldnt stand the keyboard anymore. The screen on the curve is amazing too.
    05-01-09 11:50 PM
    curve all the way, pearl's mess up to much from what ive seen and heard. im on my second curve and only thing wrong is my usb charger port which i can get fixed for like 25 dollars at some shop. Still charges tho and runs like a champ. 3-4 months strong
    05-02-09 12:00 AM
    Yeah I could not use a phone without a full keyboard now. It takes so much longer and I just can't deal with it. Get the curve hands down. It just looks cooler and is easier to use.
    05-02-09 01:47 AM
    For months I asked everyone that had a BB if they liked it. I would try out their phones (the curve and the pearl). I walked into the sprint store to get the pearl and the rep told me too many stories of the pearl being returned for various reasons. She said they both good phones, but I would be happier with a curve. She said a little more expensive, but a better quality phone.

Needless to say, 3 months later, I love the curve. It is a little bit bigger, but the full keyboard and screen are great. I upgraded to 4.5 OS and everything works fine for me. I still see friends with the pearl and they are always complaining about one thing or another.

Pay a little more, but get the curve!!
    05-02-09 09:03 AM
    Had the pearl about 3 months. Hated the sure type, etc. Went to the Curve. Full keyboard is what did it for me.
    05-02-09 09:31 AM
    I'd go with a curve. I have long acrylic nails and still have no problems with the keys being too small. I rarely have to backspace. Plus it's just a great phone. I love it!

05-02-09 10:29 AM
    I myself have a cuve and a co-worker has a pearl. The reason why I chose a cuve over the pearl was cause my co-worker is always complainning about one thing or another. Either its the lack of a full keyboard or its the random restarts that his pearl does. He had gotten the pearl due to that he has big fingers and the keys on the pearl are bigger and easyer for him to dial with, but for texting "its a pain in the rear" (his words not mine).

05-02-09 10:46 AM
    I'd rather get the storm than the pearl. And a lot of people hate the storm. The curve is just the best to me. The bold looks nice though. The niagara is coming out soon.
    05-02-09 10:58 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD