I thought it would be helpful to people in Canada if we started a thread to pass along to others who may be looking for one where you have purchased BB10 phones and maybe a little about the experience. Feel free to rate the vendor with something like 5 star system.This isn't a judgement against the companies but more of a benchmark for future purchasers so don't hurl the hate my way. It can also shine a light on those who treat us well.
    I may as well go first.
    April 2013 - Z10 Audio Warehouse, Regina
    Good customer interaction. Has a hold for pickup on phone. No demo which was not unexpected with store size. Dealt with repair issue no problem.

August 2013 - Q10 Bestbuy, Regina
    Horrible experience. Long story. I think I have the tale on a thread here somewhere. Would have been 0 stars except they had one in stock.

Sept 2013 - Q10 Costco, Regina
    No problems. Activated and out the door. 2 extra stars for the free extended warranty less 1 for not carrying Z30. I did that just out of spite.

Nov 2013 - Z30 Prairie Mobile, Regina
    In stock. In and Out.

Feb 2013 - Z30 Prairie Mobile, Regina
    In stock. Last one. Had a bit of a problem with activation but it was a stat holiday and SaskTel was closed.

Carrier- SaskTel all 5 phones

After Bestbuy we were prepared on subsequent purchases and there wasn't any possibility they wouldn't know exactly what we wanted. I also tell anybody that is considering the phone to be prepared. I won't include the ones I have been told about but wasn't present. This isn't a judgement against the companies but more of a benchmark for future purchasers so don't hurl the hate my way. It can
    Oh I forgot one. 2 Playbooks 2 years ago from Visions which was the first time I was told they were going out of business. They are still in business and I love my Playbook paired with the phone. Even without much support.
    02-24-14 03:12 PM
    Z10 in Febuary and Q10 in May.
    At Rogers, in Waterloo, Ontario. They were excited both times when I got the phones since it was the launch
    Amazing service, Rogers is definitely behind Blackberry
    rzanger likes this.
    02-24-14 06:32 PM
    Z10 in February 2013, Rogers First Canadian Place and 2 Q10's in summer of 2013, Rogers and Bell, Yorkdale Mall, Toronto, Ontario.

Rogers was happy to sell me the Z10 on launch day. Rep was prepared, even though their computer system was down. 4 1/2 stars.

Rogers gave me a hard time re getting a Shared Plan for the Q10 and I had to get a second individual plan. Not happy about that so 3 stars.
    Bell rep reacted with surprise when my 14-year-old asked for the Q10, saying, "Wow, you know what you want!" She also did not know that the Q10 didn't require a BlackBerry (BIS) plan and was preparing to sign my daughter up to a BBOS-compatible plan - 3 stars here too.
    rzanger likes this.
    02-25-14 12:16 AM
    Purchased the Z30 oct.212013 from Telus because Koodo didn't carry it. Telus were great to deal with. No problems there. I bought it out right and just put my Sims card in from my z10 from Koodo and away I went. I noticed that Koodo was able to see I had the z30 and up dated my info. No problems there either. 5 stars for both companies from me.love my BlackBerry Z10 and Z30.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky and rzanger like this.
    02-25-14 12:25 PM
    Got my first ever BlackBerry (z10) from London Drugs in Vancouver 1 year ago. Knew what I wanted going in. Chose Kudo as carrier and paid $400 with their tab system
    ...not exactly a contract but pretty much the same. Was surprised when London Drugs guy then handed me a store gift card for $100. I was a happy man

Flicked out via Zed10
    rzanger likes this.
    02-25-14 01:44 PM
    Bought my Z10 on launch day at a rogers dealer in Thornhill across from promenade mall. Purchase was quick and easy but I'll give one the reps a fail grade as they had no clue what the phone could do. She didn't. even know about Bbm video chat.

Went to rogers in maple, Jane and major mac to look at a q10 and give them a massive fail. The rep didn't even want to bring out a blackberry and kept insisting on an iPhone. I asked him if he had an iPhone. He said yes. I said how about you go out back and shove that iPhone up your a**! Walked out without buying it

Bought my Z30 from rogers directly over the phone. Easiest way seeing as how I knew exactly what I wanted and what it could do already

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 and rzanger like this.
    02-25-14 02:43 PM
    Z10 Feb 5th release date from Rogers on 3 year contract, got reduced a year when 3 years was no longer allowed. Device was pre-ordered so no mess with people telling me not to buy it.

Z30 from BlackBerry directly using my aunts employee purchase plan.

Miss working there but at least got my own links still to buy devices when need be.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30 on 10.2.1.2102
    rzanger likes this.
    02-25-14 02:51 PM
    Z10 Feb 5th release date from Rogers on 3 year contract, got reduced a year when 3 years was no longer allowed. Device was pre-ordered so no mess with people telling me not to buy it.

Miss working there but at least got my own links still to buy devices when need be.

I think I just found my new best friend!!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 02:59 PM
    I think I just found my new best friend!!

Posted via CB10
    Lol not sure what I can do as there is a stipulation, all devices bought by an employee must be tracked and not sold at a profit. It's only good for internal family/friends in the long way of saying.

02-25-14 03:37 PM

Hey! Did you get to keep your original plan? The current ones are crap!
    03-02-14 08:14 PM
    I got my Z10 at the Koodo Shop in the Mill Woods Town Centre in Edmonton, AB because Koodo didn't carry it through FutureShop on March 2013. Took about an hour. First one wouldn't go past the update went through 3 representatives who didn't know what to do the rest were more interested in their iPhones than helping out when the last rep finally gave up and opened a second box and set that one up then i was good to go. I'd give them 1 star. I felt bad for the last rep, he was trying so hard to help but no one would walk him through when he was struggling to process a return on the first device.
    03-02-14 08:35 PM
    Hey! Did you get to keep your original plan? The current ones are crap!
    I'm grandfathered into a super plan 6gb for 60$ a month, got that plan a few months before BlackBerry 10 came out.

03-02-14 09:40 PM
    ...Z10 from a Future Shop in Kitchener the day they went on sale, I was told it was the first sold...the Q10 was given to me from work on launch from Telus...Bell pissed me off recently, went over to Rogers with an excuse to get a Z30...I also bought a Wi-Fi PlayBook at launch from Future Shop in Brantford...and an LTE model when launched from Bell...been extremely happy with each device...plan on some more PlayBook's soon too...

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:47 PM
    I'm grandfathered into a super plan 6gb for 60$ a month, got that plan a few months before BlackBerry 10 came out.

I have 6gb and unlimited calling and texting to 10 ppl, plus 200 mins and free evening and weekends. I pay 75 including tax.

But I thought that if you signed a 3 year deal before the new rules were announced that it didn't change your 3 year contract... am I wrong? do I now have a 2 yr? I renewed Feb 5 for Z10 launch

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 10:52 PM
    I have 6gb and unlimited calling and texting to 10 ppl, plus 200 mins and free evening and weekends. I pay 75 including tax.

But I thought that if you signed a 3 year deal before the new rules were announced that it didn't change your 3 year contract... am I wrong? do I now have a 2 yr? I renewed Feb 5 for Z10 launch

Posted via CB10
    Yea i got same plan but for less a month, but yea all 3 year plans have been reduced from my understanding. Was talking with customer service and it changes the cancel on all flex plans. After 2 years your allowed to cancel with no fees, so when new devices come out i can cancel and pay minimal to get out. I started my 3 years on same Feb 5th for my z10, but only got Z30 due to lucky break of employee deal lol.

03-03-14 11:19 AM
    Bought two phones from Wireless Wave in West Edmonton Mall in the past, this was my last experience . Not the best bunch. They have no interest in working there, very slow and didn't know what they were doing. They seemed like they were put out by having to help me. I asked for an Otterbox, the kid laughed and said they don't stock them anymore because BlackBerry sucks, they have no apps, nobody buys them. I politely gave him the contract and told him he was wrong, they just don't buy them from you guys. I told him I was going to Rogers.

I now use the store in Mayfield Common. There is a nice little Rogers store by Save on.
    I have bought a Q10 and a Z30 there. Most recently was two weeks ago. Guy was very helpful, helped fix my existing plan as the last guy had me paying for stuff I don't use. He pulled out the Z30, commented what a nice phone they were. IPhone couple beside me made a Blackberry crack at my phone and he He quickly stuck up for it. I would have no trouble returning there again. They even had the full line of BlackBerrys on display.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 01:41 AM
    Q10 from Telus in Yorkdale. Went there on May 2 (launch day), and the sales rep was just wrapping up the last Q10 they had brought in. He apologised and told me they'll have more in 2 days. I went back 2 days later, and everything went very smoothly.

Telus offers a free one-on-one class with a techie to introduce you to the phone and explain some of the lesser known features. Their BlackBerry techie is very well educated on all things BlackBerry, he helped me with my PB purchase 2 years earlier. Overall an excellent experience - 5 stars.

This store has Z10, Q10 and Z30 prominently on display at the very front of the store.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 11:21 AM
    Sasktel in saskatchewan is awesome for BlackBerries.
    03-22-14 01:41 PM