I am Tired of Sprint not answering threads and questions about the release of Z30 and the new blackberry update... I went in to the T-Mobile website and compared prices, 5 lines for 210-250, I pay around 380 with Sprint for everything unlimited. T-MO users Do you recomend T- Mobiles service? Are they reliable? Good Service? I liked the fact that at least their CEO responds... Sprint CSRs respond very rude and only to keep ckecking on updates...
    02-24-14 10:57 AM
    If I were you, I'd ask around people locally how their coverage on TMO is. Generally speaking, it's very good in major urban areas, but is bad on freeways and as you get out of cities. And as a BlackBerry user, I wouldn't expect much customer service out of them.
    02-24-14 11:08 AM
    I'm from Dallas and T-mobile isn't very good here. Verizon or AT&T are the top services to have. They have the best coverage

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 11:13 AM
    I am from Boston suburbs. I have had att. Verizon and t mobile.all with blackberries.For me the service was equivalent. I had no service at my apt with any of the three.thats where I like having t mobile for the wifi calling.t mobile also is a great price. I get unlimited text and calling. Unlimited 4G mostly lte.plus the international calling option also.i have never had issues with any of the CS. Of the three. I find t mobile the most helpful in regards to bill service questions etc.But you have to know how the BlackBerry works technically.CB us your friend S0 overall very happy with T mobile.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 12:07 PM
    Also my apt is the only place I do not have t mobile service at all.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nuangel2; 02-24-14 at 09:13 PM.
    02-24-14 12:09 PM
    Depends on what area you are. I live in NYC and I had sprint and my major complaint was that I had shltty unlimited internet. There were areas where the Internet was amazing but there are too few, plus they were like wifi hotspots (very small range).
    Now, with t-mobile I still have a few complains but they are less severe. I get decent data speeds almost anywhere in NYC but some areas the data is not stable (makes my BBM voice lag). Other than that I love the plans they have

T-mobile is better than sprint IMO, better pricing, slightly better coverage, better plans.

From my White Z30
    02-24-14 12:14 PM
    I am Tired of Sprint not answering threads and questions about the release of Z30 and the new blackberry update... I went in to the T-Mobile website and compared prices, 5 lines for 210-250, I pay around 380 with Sprint for everything unlimited. T-MO users Do you recomend T- Mobiles service? Are they reliable? Good Service? I liked the fact that at least their CEO responds... Sprint CSRs respond very rude and only to keep ckecking on updates...
    Tell us what city do you live in, please.
    02-24-14 12:32 PM
    Laredo, Texas, ... cross the mx border often....
    02-24-14 12:41 PM
    It may depend on what city you live in.
    My experience with Tmo has been awesome here in southern california.

I have three lines, all unlimited calls,texts, and unlimited data (with 500mb 4g LTE then 2G after that) for just $105 a month. Price is great, service is great in my area, Los Angeles to San Diego. I was on Sprint and never got 4G in my area, and it wasn't till I switched to Tmo that I was able to experience 4G in my area.

I've had both the z10 and the Q10 on Tmo and they've worked awesome. fortunately I haven't had to call Tmo customer for anything other than setting up my visual voice mail way back in February and the customer service was on par if not speedier then when I was on Sprint. I

As you can see from my signature I've had the galaxy series phones and the HTC one on Tmo too and they've gotten great service.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend t-mobile to you. Hopefully this helps.

8530 - 9670 - Palm Pre - Palm Pixi - 9930 - iPhone 4 - Z10 - HTC One - S3 - S4 - Q10 - Z10 STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    02-24-14 12:44 PM
    You'll have a better shot at the Z30 because you could buy an unlocked one and put it on T-Mobile.

Service coverage will vary depending on where you are. As another poster wrote, good in urban areas, not so much in rural. LTE data speed is rated the fastest of all the carriers.

As for Customer Service, I dealt with them over the weekend, trying to work out the trade-in offer on BlackBerry's. While they couldn't do what I wanted, trade-in a 9850 for $250 off on a /refurb/ Q10 (for a new Q10, it would be fine), they were quite nice, both in-store and via voice call center. They were always apologetic when things took time, when they didn't know the answer directly. They took the time to ask supervisors to figure out the issues. I felt they were doing their best based on what systems were at their disposal.
    02-24-14 12:44 PM
    I know T-Mobile is good in EP, but not sure about Laredo. Do you have any friends or relatives living there that have T-Mobile?
    02-24-14 12:48 PM
    Haven't had any trouble with tmobile. Their data speeds are nice and coverage here in the D.C. area isn't bad. But like others said, you'd need to find out from people in your area to find out about coverage.

Posted with a Q10
    02-24-14 12:49 PM
    They seem to have respectable 2G/3G coverage there: Coverage Map for T-Mobile 2G-3G USA - Sensorly - Unbiased Wireless Network Information, from people just like you .Change the drop-down to T-Mobile 4G and you'll see LTE coverage too.

Here's another thing to think about, if you're going deep into Mexico (i.e. out of the reach of TMO's towers) : TMO has free unlimited international roaming data on some carriers (and I know they have at least one Mexican partner carrier.) It ain't fast, but it's something.
    02-24-14 01:05 PM
    I go to Laredo often on business. T mobile works very well there and so does sprint. The advantage of Tmobile is that you can roam on mov�star and get free data and text in Nuevo Laredo. Calls from nuevo Laredo to the u.s. are only 0.20 cents per minute. Additionally, with Tmobile, you can get your own phone as long as it has the proper frequency bands and it's unlocked. No need to wait for sprint to release a particular phone.

I say, give it a go to see how you like the service.

Posted via CB10
    raino and Anovascular like this.
    02-24-14 01:58 PM
    What are you getting for 210-250? I got 4 lines unlimited talk text and data for 125 with tax. The data will slow down after? gb's, have never ran into problem with that, mostly on wifi. Been with tmobile and Voicestream before that, you never know about service until your in your main area. I have a small dead spot in my bedroom, that's where wifi calling is great, rest of my surrounding area are good.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 02:43 PM
    T-Mobile is OK unless you live far away from a large city. BUT, I complained enough that they sent me a Signal Amplifier (Signal Booster for 4G) that works like a charm. And I have 4 lines (3 smartphone with 2.5 GB High Speed Data on each) for $160/month. Of course, I bought my own phones - and their sales/service folks are very nice to deal with
    02-24-14 04:47 PM
    You can't get the Z30 on TMO either.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 04:34 AM
    You can't get the Z30 on TMO either.

Posted via CB10
    Buy a unlocked one. Supposedly BlackBerry has a deal with Verizon to be exclusive to them. If so, can't blame that on Tmobile.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 06:49 AM
    After nearly 20 years with Sprint, I moved my family plan to T-Mo last Fall. I went for the lower cost and the lack of contracts, and figured the coverage in town (Denver, though one son is in Honolulu and the other in Fort Collins, CO) couldn't be any worse. So far, that's been the case, and have had fine coverage in San Diego, LA and Boston while traveling. My interactions with Customer Service--both initially and this last weekend with the trade-in deal--have been mostly good. Even with a lot of confusion about the trade-in, they were friendly and helpful.

If you're worried about coverage when you travel, what I did was move my old Sprint phone to Ting, an Sprint MVNO. For $6/month, it can sit there dormant, and if I do need to use it when out in the boonies, the cost is quite low. So far, I've not used it and I'm about ready to drop that, but it's a nice security blanket if you're unsure.
    02-25-14 02:07 PM
    If you are planning to move to T-Mobile after all make sure you get a canadian z30 sta100-5. This will enable you to fully take advantage of T-Mobile full 4G. Anything else like the Verizon z30 will leave u stuck on 3G/3.5G.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-26-14 07:19 AM
    I had my first unfavorable experience with a T-Mobile rep yesterday, at a corporate store. When I did the trade-in, the person who rang it up activated the SIM inside the new phone's box and disconnected the existing SIM in my Z10. (I have one line.) I returned to the store the next morning to have the existing SIM reactivated. The rep at the store said it couldn't be done and I had to buy a new SIM for $20! (SIM's are $0.99 online and SIM + activation is usually $10.) I explained that I didn't ask for the new SIM to be activated and I wanted to keep using my existing sim. He became, as I would describe, "snarky", and asked me to describe the other rep. (Why does that matter?) I told him there were just two reps the night before and it wasn't the guy next to him, who was there the night before. Finally, after 10 minutes of answering questions like, "Was he tall?", "Middle Eastern looking?", etc. (Seriously, isn't there a duty roster?), he gave me a new SIM.

I called Customer Care afterward and was told deactived SIM's can be reactivated within 60 days, but only through Customer Care; thus the reason why the store rep couldn't.
    02-26-14 02:37 PM
    just spoke to a tmo representative and she said They are getting the z30 within the next two months. so that is great news if it is true. Going to call back later and confirm with another representative to see if they weren't filling me with hot air
    Anovascular likes this.
    02-26-14 02:57 PM
    I was on tmo and switched to Verizon. Much better in both coverage and service. The local rep was very good and supportive of BlackBerry although the company doesn't help much with the new version. They don't understand BlackBerry users are different than those who use iPhones. Coverage difference is huge. I am also saving money with what I set up. I've had Sprint and was never happy with coverage. TMO was probably worse. Good with Verizon if only they pla better in the sandbox with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 10:09 AM
    I have been on T-Mobile USA since December with a Z30 bought from Telus on my business line , and this is the first BlackBerry with reception on my home. Paratek antenna works. Run 10.2.1.1925 and skype and andros apps work great.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 08:22 PM