Hi All

I am not a regular BB user, being far more familiar with Android & IOS...

But, I hope you can help as I cant believe there isnt a way of doing this... my boss has just upgrade his Bold to a Q10. I have set it up to sync with Exchange directly and all was well. However he doesnt use his own calendar and just uses the office "shared calendar". So instead of having a sync with his local calendar, I want him to be able to see the shared calendar. I have read on here that each user can only have one calendar (poor, but if thats the case, so be it!)... so is there a way to remove his default, empty, calendar and set it up so he syncs with the shared calendar?

Thanks in advance
    02-24-14 07:32 AM
    It's definitely not the case that you can only have one calendar, I myself have 6 setup, 3 of which are exchange the others calDAV

That said, I'm not sure what is required server side to assign that shared calendar to his account so it populates over exchange.. hopefully someone else can chime in for you.

I will say though, that whatever you usually do to get it working on android or ios should be the same.. there's no special limitation to BB10 in this aspect, it's simply an exchange setting to populate that calendar to that device..
    pkcable and Sith_Apprentice like this.
    02-27-14 03:06 PM
    Just add a second Exchange account (the one that the shared calendar is on) and disable email sync in the settings. Leave calendar set to sync. Then disable the calendar for his own email account. It's all within the email settings.
    03-16-14 01:00 AM
    What you are requesting is unfortunately only possible via the workaround provided above.

EAS is designed to allow synchronization between the users mailbox and device(s) only.

You can add several Exchange accounts on the device but you need to know the username and password for the user owning the mailbox . Quite silly if you have delegated permissions.

I did discuss exactly this issue with BlackBerry during a recent webcast and suggested they implanted EWS sync support for excactly this purpose.

Only the future will show if they choose to implement it.

Posted via CB10
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    04-20-14 01:16 PM