Hi all,

So I just got a Bold on Tuesday. It is my first BlackBerry and first smart phone.

I have been accustomed to using my iPod and now I want to use my Bold as its replacement.

I tried transferring some songs on my iTunes and many of them didn't transfer because of Digital Rights Management. Are all songs purchased from iTunes restricted such as this? Doesn't make sense because some of the songs I did purchase from iTunes did transfer to my Bold.

Another broad question, where is a good place to buy music, videos, movies, etc. that I can load up on my Bold?

Thanks for all the help!!
    11-06-08 09:04 AM
    To piggy back on this, I used the app that works with syncing itunes and I got my music but no album artwork...??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 09:20 AM
    What was the app that you used. I tried using blackberry sync program, but i am running windows vista 64bit and it only works on 32bit.
    11-06-08 09:58 AM
    That's what I used. Blackberry media sync. I'm on vista 32. I heard 64 is having issues.

11-06-08 10:01 AM
    I'm having the same problem, all the songs/movies that I've purchased directly from ITunes which is stupid IMO because I paid for the rights to the songs/movies. Is there anyway to convert the media to get it on my bold?
    11-06-08 11:08 AM
    Theres a how to in the tips section I believe about how to get rid of the DRM
    11-06-08 11:52 AM
    I'm having the same problem, all the songs/movies that I've purchased directly from ITunes which is stupid IMO because I paid for the rights to the songs/movies. Is there anyway to convert the media to get it on my bold?
    I've got the same issue. Some itunes purchased songs copied to the bold without problem, some didn't. One POSSIBLE solution I'm going to try (haven't had the time to try this yet) is to burn a cd in itunes of your music that won't copy, then take that cd and rip it back into itunes. A year or two ago I was having copyright issues with some of my itunes purchased music, I don't recall what the issue was but this fixed it. Obviously not a good solution if you've got lots of songs, I'm sure there's a more elegant fix but you could give this a try.
    11-06-08 11:55 AM
    I've got the same issue. Some itunes purchased songs copied to the bold without problem, some didn't. One POSSIBLE solution I'm going to try (haven't had the time to try this yet) is to burn a cd in itunes of your music that won't copy, then take that cd and rip it back into itunes. A year or two ago I was having copyright issues with some of my itunes purchased music, I don't recall what the issue was but this fixed it. Obviously not a good solution if you've got lots of songs, I'm sure there's a more elegant fix but you could give this a try.

Its worth a shot at least, I have some time....
    thanks for the idea!
    11-06-08 12:03 PM
    undrm.info/remove-DRM-protection/

Remove the DRM protection
    11-06-08 12:15 PM
    Found out about a software called Tunebite that might work. This forum isn't allowing me to post the URL but just type it into Google.
    11-06-08 12:48 PM
    undrm.info/remove-DRM-protection/

Remove the DRM protection
    wait what is this?
    11-06-08 02:11 PM
    I have the exact same problem...all those songs and videos that I've slowly built up over a couple of years are stuck on my old iPhone.

Tunebite seems like a good idea but I have a Mac. Has anyone with a Mac figured out a solution?

I just want to play videos (and purchased music) on my Bold...besides the Speed Racer trailer.

Anyone know where I can download non-DRM protected music and videos? So I won't have to deal with this in the future. Please help.
    12-05-08 08:06 AM
    Some iTunes music is non DRM, most does have DRM enabled. The burn and re-import option above should be the answer.
    12-05-08 08:16 AM
    This is one reason I never buy from itunes, their bit rate sucks(128), and the DRM only allows songs to be played on apple products.

The burn and re-import method is the only way to go, which further degrades the sound.
    12-05-08 08:33 AM
    Burning to Audio CD and re-importing is the way to go, in the case that you have a large library that can quickly turn into a waste of time and CD-Rs...

Google Noteburner, it creates a Virtual CD-R burner and can do all your songs at the same time... The price of the software is probably a lot less than replacing all of your songs or a few packs of CD-Rs
    12-05-08 08:55 AM
    Burning to Audio CD and re-importing is the way to go, in the case that you have a large library that can quickly turn into a waste of time and CD-Rs...

Google Noteburner, it creates a Virtual CD-R burner and can do all your songs at the same time... The price of the software is probably a lot less than replacing all of your songs or a few packs of CD-Rs
    This looks great, have you used it?
    12-05-08 09:06 AM
    Buy your music from Amazon. It's DRM free and 256 k.
    12-05-08 03:30 PM
    I have an ipod with 1300 songs that I do not have on my current itunes and I need to put them in my BOLD,I bought a 16 gig memory card and that's where I stand.not tech savvy I'd say,so what do I have to do?????
    12-09-08 03:26 PM
    Google how to get iTunes music off your iPod. Not hard, but kind of involved.

12-09-08 03:39 PM
    Another broad question, where is a good place to buy music, videos, movies, etc. that I can load up on my Bold?

Thanks for all the help!!
    I gave up on iTunes and now use amazon and rhapsody to buy my mp3's.

12-09-08 03:39 PM
    if you have a mac and want to get music off of any ipod/iphone, download Senuti (itunes spelled backward). It's flawless and seamless. It has an interface similar to that of itunes and will put checks next to the songs on the ipod/iphone that are already on your itunes and when you copy them onto your computer, it automatically places them in itunes and the corresponding correct folder. If you want to do this on PC, there's a similar program, I don't remember what it's called, but Google Search for "Senuti for PC" and you'll find it somewhere. Cheers!
    12-10-08 12:58 PM
    I have an ipod with 1300 songs that I do not have on my current itunes and I need to put them in my BOLD,I bought a 16 gig memory card and that's where I stand.not tech savvy I'd say,so what do I have to do?????
    Here's what I would do. I Have done this in the past and it works.

How to get your songs off your Windows iPod - CNET.com
    12-10-08 01:04 PM
    thanks bt224 terrific page!!!
    12-10-08 03:07 PM
    I am on a Mac and this is what I found to be the easiest method (but tedious)
    1. iTunes
    ..Prefernces
    ...General
    ....Import Settings
    .....'Import using MP3 encoder'

2. Burn a regular audio CD (like you want to put it in your car)

3. Eject CD, then put it right back in... don't import right away...

4. Go to the 'Audio CD' play list, and slightly change the song name
    'Womanizer' becomes 'Womanizer 1'

5. Import the songs... the songs should lose the DRM rights
    12-23-08 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD