Hi there. I recently had to reinstall my Hotmail/Outlook account after I changed my password and my device would not accept the changed password, even though it was definitely correct. One of the upsides to doing this is that the device does now reconcile deleted items (although not read items when read on the mailbox).

However, two problems have also arisen which were never there before. One is that mails take longer to arrive on my device than they do to the mailbox - it used to be instant. The other is that there are duplicate items in my sent items folder (on the main mailbox) when I send an email from my device.

I use an alias on Outlook as my original email address was unsuitable, and although when I send email from my device they are being sent from the alias (as my settings dictate) the sent items folder is creating an entry for both the original email address and the alias. Just wondering if anyone knows why this could be and if there's anything I can do about it.

Thanks in advance.
    02-23-14 01:47 PM
    ...rather odd. What if you remove the account(s) from your device, restart it, and then add the account back?

Also, the duplicate Sent emails are ONLY online, i.e. it doesn't show duplicates from the Sent items on your device?
    02-23-14 02:00 PM
    Thank you for the swift response. Yes, the duplicate mails are only online. I will probably attempt your suggestion I just really wanted to see if anyone knew of this problem before I went through the rigmarole of doing so. Looking at the time stamps they are being 'sent' seconds apart; although, as I said, people are only receiving the one email from the correct address.
    02-23-14 02:06 PM
    I had it years ago. But, this was because I removed the account from the device, and it kept the emails, then I added my account back. After doing so it started this duplicate thing. Albeit I was using GMail back then (I don't anymore)...
    02-23-14 02:10 PM
    If I do set the account up again, do you know how I can avoid getting the list of duplicate contacts whilst maintaining synchronisation for future contacts? I ended up with a duplicated list last time I added the account back.
    02-23-14 02:21 PM
    I believe duplicate Contacts would happen if while your account is/was removed you still had Contacts on the device (I suggest you check). If yes, then I'd guess you'd have to remove the Contracts from your device (make a backup of your Contacts online, via the GMail interface) before re-adding your email account.

But, wait till someone else comes along to confirm my theory. They may even have a better idea...
    02-23-14 02:26 PM
    Thank you so much, you've been a lot of help.
    02-23-14 02:28 PM
    Okay, I've tried your suggestion. I removed the account along with my contact list, restarted the device and added the email account back along with resynchronising my contact list. Unfortunately it has failed to resolve the issue.
    02-24-14 01:37 PM
    Hmm, sorry I'm lost on this one. Hopefully someone else can chime in...

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 05:11 PM
    However, two problems have also arisen which were never there before. One is that mails take longer to arrive on my device than they do to the mailbox - it used to be instant. The other is that there are duplicate items in my sent items folder (on the main mailbox) when I send an email from my device.

I use an alias on Outlook as my original email address was unsuitable, and although when I send email from my device they are being sent from the alias (as my settings dictate) the sent items folder is creating an entry for both the original email address and the alias. Just wondering if anyone knows why this could be and if there's anything I can do about it.

Thanks in advance.
    There seem to BIS delays of up to 12 minutes even on email accounts that used to be instant. I am experiencing this on my Hotmail account on OS6 and a few others are reporting this in the 9900 forum.

I added a Hotmail alias and can confirm sent items are duplicated on the main mailbox.

I don't know what the cause could be on both items.
    02-26-14 09:38 AM
    There seem to BIS delays of up to 12 minutes even on email accounts that used to be instant. I am experiencing this on my Hotmail account on OS6 and a few others are reporting this in the 9900 forum.

I added a Hotmail alias and can confirm sent items are duplicated on the main mailbox.

I don't know what the cause could be on both items.
    Thank you. I am currently in an exchange with @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter about this issue; I will report back if I make any progress.
    02-26-14 01:54 PM
    In MS Outlook, user should following guidelines to avoid any kind of duplication as follows:

1 . Uncheck “Leave a message copy on server”
    2. Delete duplicate accounts
    3. Proper synchronization of MS Outlook with hand-held device like tablet, smart-phone or PDA

After using all these precautions mentioned above, if you still get duplicate items then need to remove as soon possible. Duplicate items are burden on PST file and leads to corruption due to over-sized issue. You can try advanced Outlook duplicate remover tool i.e. provided by trusted vendor like stellar phoenix.
    09-17-14 01:00 AM
    Hello,

SysInfoTools Software has launched its new product for removing all the duplicate items from Outlook PST files without causing any unexpected damage or data loss. The Outlook Duplicate Remover tool can successfully remove Outlook duplicates like email messages, contacts, calendar entries, tasks, notes as well as the attachments from single as well as multiple PST files at a time
    05-19-15 01:14 AM