Stopped at a local (non-corporate) store tonight to trade my 8330 for a refurbished Q10. No go. Store said that refurbs aren't sold in stores and they had no way to have it shipped. (Smart-a$$ associate then went on to say that they only sell quality in the stores, that refurbs could be scratched or chipped, and that I wouldn't be able to bring it back if it had problems. Tool.) They suggested I call customer care and try to arrange it through them, but I'm willing to bet that they'll say no because the special program only applies in stores.

Interestingly, what they DIDN'T say was that refurb phones are not covered in the program. If you look at the CMO's post, it continually refers to "new" Blackberry phones, so I was half-expecting that to be the excuse. Granted, "new" can have different meanings, so I'm still not sure if the deal could, in theory, apply to refurb phones.

Anyone else have the same--or better--experience?

BTW, absolutely no pressure to buy something other than a BB.
    02-21-14 08:20 PM
    I could not get a refurb Q10 and get the $50 I have. One of them was not allowed. My plan was to get the refurb but ended up getting a new one. I was there for around 45 mins. It worked out in the end and was not pressured to get any other type of phone.

Posted via ? Z30 from CB10
    02-21-14 08:29 PM
    Why don't you try a corp store?
    02-21-14 08:33 PM
    Went in to a corporate store today. Had to pull out my tablet and show them the promo - no one had heard about it. I called around to the dozen closest corporate stores and none carried the device in stock. Am a little concerned about the $50 though - my initial price wasn't knocked down and he only showed a $200 credit, but they said they would honor it if I only got a $200 credit. I wasn't aware the $50 was supposed to come off the initial price.

They also couldn't order a refurb. YMMV

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 08:48 PM
    Update: Good news!! I just got off the phone with Customer Care, and they made it work! The first person transferred me to the Loyalty Program (which surprised me--I've only been with T-Mo for 6 months, though I do have 4 lines). The Loyalty rep didn't know much about the program, but he worked it all out. (I did have to point out that the CMO's blog says it applies to any phone they sell.) I got a $200 credit for my Curve 8330, and then since he couldn't find a way to apply the $50, he simply applied that to my account as a credit. The Q will be sent out 1-day expedited shipping (for free, of course) and will include an envelope to send back my 8330. All three reps I talked to were very friendly and very professional--I'm impressed with T-Mo and looking forward to trying out the Q10 and seeing if I prefer it or my Z10.

Now, just waiting for 10.2.1 with wi-fi calling!
    02-21-14 10:07 PM
    T-Mobile Loyalty is the best!
    02-21-14 10:16 PM
    Glad to hear it worked out for you! I would have preferred to do it over the phone instead of in store . Don't know why they are making it in store only, since you have to send the phone into them and they have to ship the new one to you.

When I went to the store they never tried to sell me a different phone. Told them what I wanted, and after they figured out the details, they processed the order quickly.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 08:20 AM
    You have to go into the store so someone can check to see if your trade-in works?
    02-22-14 08:24 AM
    You have to go into the store so someone can check to see if your trade-in works?
    You'd think so, but in my case the Loyalty rep simply asked me if it booted up, had no water damage, and had an intact screen. He also warned me that when it gets sent it, it would be checked for all of those. (Apparently returns are handled by the same company that does their insurance claims.)
    02-22-14 09:45 AM
    What do you expect to be your final cost, it you don't mind me asking? I want to take advantage of this, especially if I can get a refurbished model! Thank you!!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 10:32 AM
    For a new Q10 the final price after you get the prepaid card ends up being 278.00 before tax. Mine rang up at 478.00 which includes 50.00 credit plus tax of 40.63. Will get 200.00 prepaid card after sending in old Bold. My new Q10 is scheduled to arrive on Monday.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 06:07 PM
    Anyone know if it has to be a TMO blackberry for the trade in to work? I already have a Z10 but if I can trade in an old BlackBerry Curve from US Cellular and get a Q10 I would do it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 06:50 PM
    Anyone know if it has to be a TMO blackberry for the trade in to work? I already have a Z10 but if I can trade in an old BlackBerry Curve from US Cellular and get a Q10 I would do it.

Posted via CB10
    It does not have to be a T-Mobile branded device.
    02-22-14 08:41 PM
    What do you expect to be your final cost, it you don't mind me asking? I want to take advantage of this, especially if I can get a refurbished model! Thank you!!

Posted via CB10
    My Discover was charged $401.28. I already received the $50 credit, and I'm supposed to get $200 once I send my old Curve in. So net cost of $151.28. (That's for a refurbished Q10).
    02-22-14 10:31 PM
    In my case, they accepted my Sprint Curve 8330.
    02-22-14 10:32 PM
    Hi p1800nut, how did you talk them into letting you do this over the phone and get a refurbished model? I tried today and the rep I spoke with told me they don't allow refurbished models for trade-in and this offer is only valid for an in-store purchase.

I'll greatly appreciate any advice you can give.

I really want to trade my Bold 9700 for a refurbished Z10. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 12:57 AM
    My Discover was charged $401.28. I already received the $50 credit, and I'm supposed to get $200 once I send my old Curve in. So net cost of $151.28. (That's for a refurbished Q10).
    Did you get paperwork with RMA numbers showing your trade in estimate as well as mailing label and envelope?

FYI the promotion ends today, according to customer care on the phone. As I hung up I wasn't sure if she meant the general trade in program or the specific BlackBerry trade in program that only started Friday, 2 days ago...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Kwms; 02-23-14 at 07:27 AM.
    02-23-14 07:10 AM
    I was able to get a refurbished Z10 by following p1800nut's route. Initially the rep told me she didn't see any refurbished models in stock, but when I told her I just saw them on the website, she was able to find one.

It should arrive on Tuesday.

I'm a happy customer. T-Mobile Loyalty is awesome!! I've been with them for about 14 years.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 04:24 PM
    I was able to get a refurbished Z10 by following p1800nut's route. Initially the rep told me she didn't see any refurbished models in stock, but when I told her I just saw them on the website, she was able to find one.

It should arrive on Tuesday.

I'm a happy customer. T-Mobile Loyalty is awesome!! I've been with them for about 14 years.

Posted via CB10
    That's so weird. So you told the rep you are looking at the BlackBerry $250 trade in promotion, but want a refurbished device, you pay them cash upfront minus $50 and they say you can still send in your old device for the $200 credit?

Do they give you a RMA # for you to return your old device with etc?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 05:50 PM
    I paid cash up front for the full price of the phone. She gave me a $50 credit, which I had to ask for and she agreed based on my time as a T-Mobile customer. The $200 won't be applied until they receive my old phone.

She gave me an order number. My phone is supposed to arrive on Tuesday with an envelope to send my old phone. I'll know more then as to whether there will be a RMA number associated with it.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 10:10 PM
    Hi p1800nut, how did you talk them into letting you do this over the phone and get a refurbished model? I tried today and the rep I spoke with told me they don't allow refurbished models for trade-in and this offer is only valid for an in-store purchase.

I'll greatly appreciate any advice you can give.

I really want to trade my Bold 9700 for a refurbished Z10. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, I don't know; it's too bad that people are having such different experiences. I have two guesses, other than blind luck. One is that it was the first day of the promotion and the Customer Loyalty rep was winging it before they clarified the rules. The other is that when he said that the promotion didn't cover refurbed phones I politely but firmly pushed back, pointing out that the letter from the CMO said it was good on any phone that T-Mo sells. I don't know if had actually seen the blog post, but he said something to the effect that he saw what I meant.

Very sorry it didn't work out for you, and others.
    02-24-14 12:37 AM
    Did you get paperwork with RMA numbers showing your trade in estimate as well as mailing label and envelope?

FYI the promotion ends today, according to customer care on the phone. As I hung up I wasn't sure if she meant the general trade in program or the specific BlackBerry trade in program that only started Friday, 2 days ago...

Posted via CB10
    I was told that would be included in the package with my Q10. I got a message that it shipped tonight and should arrive Tuesday, so I guess I'll see in a couple days.
    02-24-14 12:39 AM