So I wanted to post this for eveyone that is having issues getting LTE on T-Mobile on the Verizon Z30.

This device has the same BAND 4 that the LG G2 and Galaxy Note 3 have from Verizon. And I have posted how to videos on them as well on my Youtube channel. TK TECH NEWS.

Now that I am back into a daily driver blackberry, I am doing development on getting google play services working and a few other things.
    Right now I have Full LTE Working.

Here is the how to,
    First you need an autoloader, Look here in the forum
    You need a RODGERS O.S. and you need to use the autoloader for 10.2.1

Once complete, Install 1Market the android app store.
    Install "Phone Info" it opens phone info
    Set to LTE ONLY.
    Close the app!

Then in phone settings
    Go to networks, and change it to WCDMA GSM LTE
    And there you go

Verizon Blocks band 4.
    The people that are reporting it working, Is because they are in a area like L.A. that verizon has switched on BAND 4, once its on, Its on and wont be locked.
    So thats the reason you are seeing so many people say its working and others saying it is not.

I get LTE all up and down the east coast
    If you have a question leave a comment here.

Also I am trying to see if a merged OS can be created from the Z10 from Tmobile that can load on the Z30 from verizon.
    Been awhile since I developed on the platform.

Hope this helps you.
    redchilli88 and Fort Neyland like this.
    02-20-14 08:40 PM
    So I wanted to post this for eveyone that is having issues getting LTE on T-Mobile on the Verizon Z30.

This device has the same BAND 4 that the LG G2 and Galaxy Note 3 have from Verizon. And I have posted how to videos on them as well on my Youtube channel. TK TECH NEWS.

Now that I am back into a daily driver blackberry, I am doing development on getting google play services working and a few other things.
    Right now I have Full LTE Working.

Here is the how to,
    First you need an autoloader, Look here in the forum
    You need a RODGERS O.S. and you need to use the autoloader for 10.2.1

Once complete, Install 1Market the android app store.
    Install "Phone Info" it opens phone info
    Set to LTE ONLY.
    Close the app!

Then in phone settings
    And there you go

Verizon Blocks band 4.
    The people that are reporting it working, Is because they are in a area like L.A. that verizon has switched on BAND 4, once its on, Its on and wont be locked.
    So thats the reason you are seeing so many people say its working and others saying it is not.

I get LTE all up and down the east coast
    If you have a question leave a comment here.

Also I am trying to see if a merged OS can be created from the Z10 from Tmobile that can load on the Z30 from verizon.
    Been awhile since I developed on the platform.

Hope this helps you.
    There are many "Phone Info" apps, could you tell us which developer?
    02-20-14 10:13 PM
    I suspect you want to access the "secret" Android phone menu when you dial *#*#4636#*#*

That probably means you want this app: Download Phone Info 1.3,Phone Info 1.3 1.3 Android download | 1mobile.com
    02-20-14 10:27 PM
    I suspect you want to access the "secret" Android phone menu when you dial *#*#4636#*#*

That probably means you want this app: Download Phone Info 1.3,Phone Info 1.3 1.3 Android download | 1mobile.com
    Is that same as 4G Switcher? It has same but I don't see two different places to select. Let me download this too and see.
    Edit: I can't find it. It doesn't come up on the phone when I search it.
    02-20-14 10:28 PM
    Can't you do all of that thought the escreens?

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    02-20-14 10:30 PM
    Is that same as 4G Switcher? It has same but I don't see two different places to select. Let me download this too and see.
    Edit: I can't find it. It doesn't come up on the phone when I search it.
    Select "Phone Information " then scroll about half way down the screen. You'll see an entry "Set preferred network type " (just above the button that reads " Turn off radio ").

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    02-20-14 11:07 PM
    Select "Phone Information " then scroll about half way down the screen. You'll see an entry "Set preferred network type " (just above the button that reads " Turn off radio ").

Posted via CB10

There is also More (...) menu Select Radio Band, do we need to play with that?
    He instructs us to make two changes, but I only see one.

Where do we change
    Then in phone settings
    And there you go
    Also I just restarted and it keeps changing back to LTE/GSM Auto (PRL) I am using 4G Switcher because search cannot find the Phone Info 1.3 app.
    02-20-14 11:14 PM
    Ok guys Ill make a HOW TO VIDEO, Here is a video showing it pulling LTE! Next to a G FLEX both on T-Mobile
    Avenzuno likes this.
    02-21-14 06:46 PM
    The first step in the Android Phone info app is to change the setting to LTE ONLY

Then close it... And go to regular settings in blackberry and select wcdma lte

Let me know if this works for you, Also just posted a video showing it works
    02-21-14 06:47 PM
    do you have a screen shot of what this app looks like
    02-21-14 06:54 PM
    do you have a screen shot of what this app looks like
    If you guys know how to get to escreens, you can do the same thing and switch it to LTE only as well. But the problem is where there is no LTE signal, you won't get any data.
    02-21-14 10:15 PM
    No clue... explain..

I'm qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry10 device
    02-21-14 11:11 PM
    But the problem is where there is no LTE signal, you won't get any data.
    Oh so it's all or nothing with this setting? So if there's no LTE your phone doesn't drop down to the next available network (3G/HSPA+?)
    02-22-14 12:34 AM
    Oh so it's all or nothing with this setting? So if there's no LTE your phone doesn't drop down to the next available network (3G/HSPA+?)
    That's what I noticed with my case.
    With STA100-5 in HSPA+ coverage area, when I set my device to LTE Only, I get a red exclamation mark indicating no coverage.
    I don't really know if Phone Info makes changes to same settings as escreens (I assume it does) but that's what "LTE Only" means.
    02-22-14 02:50 AM
    No. It will, if you use the android app "phone info" and set to lte only. That forces the phone to enable and use band 4. In the blackberry settings you use gsm wcdma and lte, it still switches,

Ill do a full walk through video and how to, with links to the phone info app on 1market

Also very close to getting Google play working and hangouts.
    02-22-14 03:04 AM
    That's what I noticed with my case.
    With STA100-5 in HSPA+ coverage area, when I set my device to LTE Only, I get a red exclamation mark indicating no coverage.
    I don't really know if Phone Info makes changes to same settings as escreens (I assume it does) but that's what "LTE Only" means.
    Ill post links to the app tomorrow with a how to video to try to clear up any confusion
    02-22-14 03:05 AM
    No. It will, if you use the android app "phone info" and set to lte only. That forces the phone to enable and use band 4. In the blackberry settings you use gsm wcdma and lte, it still switches,

Ill do a full walk through video and how to, with links to the phone info app on 1market

Also very close to getting Google play working and hangouts.
    Ill post links to the app tomorrow with a how to video to try to clear up any confusion

Thanks.
    Sadly, in AT&T's case, you are not able to change anything in phone settings/blackberry settings. AT&T locks these.
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    02-22-14 03:25 AM
    I have cascade escreens bar.... I put it on lte no difference
    Last edited by Its Spade; 02-24-14 at 02:19 PM.
    02-24-14 01:10 PM
    Sorry for the dumbazz question but...

If I buy an unlocked Z30 then I'll be able to use it in the USA on T-Mobile network ?

I presently use a Z10 STA 100-3 on TMO.

TIA
    02-28-14 03:53 PM
    If I buy an unlocked Z30 then I'll be able to use it in the USA on T-Mobile network ?
    Yes. The Z30 model you want to buy (for full compatibility) is the -5.
    02-28-14 05:03 PM
    Vielen Dank.
    Merc�
    !!
    02-28-14 05:16 PM
    Sorry for the dumbazz question but...

I presently use a Z10 STA 100-3 on TMO.

TIA
    You will only get 4g

02-28-14 11:53 PM
    So the OP instructions don't work ?

You will only get 4g

03-01-14 07:13 AM
    I tried what he said and doesn't work... then again I'm not using the app he mentions because I don't know which one of the same named apps to download also, I don't have the "rogers" version os.... I'm using the original leak and I'm using cascade Escreen.

03-01-14 08:20 AM
    I tried what he said and doesn't work... then again I'm not using the app he mentions because I don't know which one of the same named apps to download also, I don't have the "rogers" version os.... I'm using the original leak and I'm using cascade Escreen.

You need the rogers OS, And any android Phone Info app that allows you to put in LTE only works, Thanks
    03-01-14 10:07 PM
104 123 ...