Can someone help me out? I downloaded Link on my laptop and all my music from iTunes shows on Link with the album artwork. I then synced my Z10 to Link and my music all moved over but 90% of the album artwork doesn't show however when I go into File Manager in my music folder under the artist name the song or songs for each album are listed and the jpeg album artwork is there but it doesn't show on the song file. Did I do something wrong? Can this be corrected?
    02-19-14 10:38 AM
    That's weird. Do you have the music files in 'music'? Did you try to copy the files with your PC or Mac file manager?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 10:44 AM
    Can someone help me out? I downloaded Link on my laptop and all my music from iTunes shows on Link with the album artwork. I then synced my Z10 to Link and my music all moved over but 90% of the album artwork doesn't show however when I go into File Manager in my music folder under the artist name the song or songs for each album are listed and the jpeg album artwork is there but it doesn't show on the song file. Did I do something wrong? Can this be corrected?
    What os release ru running?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 10:50 AM
    I have AT&T so I'm still on OS 10.1.0.2019
    02-19-14 01:23 PM
    Hmmm. That is strange. I too am an AT&T customer but it has been so many months since I have had a 10.1 series build on my phone that I do not remember if there was any particular issue with that build. I have about 400 full albums of music from iTunes that I synced to my phone through Link and every single album and song's album artwork shows perfectly. No issues. All music was sent to my 64 GB Micro SD card for storage and that card was originally formatted by the phone during a 10.1 build being in operation. It has not been changed since. Where are you storing your music? Have you tried a couple of hard resets on the phone ? How about a security wipe? There could be a glitch in the O.S. of the phone that is fowling you up, especially if you did over the air updates to get to 10.1.0.2019. Personally, I would download a leak and upgrade your phone to 10.2.1.2141 and then see what happens to the music files as the phone settles in.

Good luck.
    02-19-14 01:38 PM
    my music is stored on my Micro SD Card ( sandisk ) I did my update through Link. I've never downloaded a leak and I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing or how to do it lol It's just frustrating that the album art folder is sitting right under the song but it doesn't show when the music app is playing Just the blue music note. I even noticed when I was moving the sings over from Link to my Z10 I had the music app open and the song would transfer showing the album art then after about 5 seconds it would disappear and the blue music note would take its place
    02-19-14 01:56 PM
    I have had the same problem. The stock music player is picky when it comes to album art. A while ago the solution to the problem for me was this which I posted in another thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...6/#post8639289
    02-19-14 02:03 PM
    That's weird. Do you have the music files in 'music'? Did you try to copy the files with your PC or Mac file manager?

Posted via CB10
    yes the music files are all in the "music" folder on my Micro SD card. I have a PC
    02-19-14 02:03 PM
    I have had the same problem. The stock music player is picky when it comes to album art. A while ago the solution to the problem for me was this which I posted in another thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...6/#post8639289
    how do you tag the mp3 files with the album art? can you explain that and I'll give it a try.
    02-19-14 02:05 PM
    I had the same issue and rectified it by renaming the album artwork file in each album folder as - folder.jpg
    This worked a treat and all covers showed correctly after that.

Posted via CB10
    Relletti likes this.
    02-19-14 02:06 PM
    how do you tag the mp3 files with the album art? can you explain that and I'll give it a try.
    With a free program called mp3tag.

Open it and browse to the folder with the album in question. Then select all mp3's in that album in the list, right-click the image square down to the left in the program and select "Add Cover" and then browse to the jpg file and select it. Then save all the changes. This did clear up all album art issues for me ever since. I also deleted the album art file before moving the albums to the device.
    02-19-14 02:10 PM
    I had the same issue and rectified it by renaming the album artwork file in each album folder as - folder.jpg
    This worked a treat and all covers showed correctly after that.

Posted via CB10
    Album artwork not showing-album-folder.png
    02-19-14 02:22 PM
    so out of 300 of my songs almost all show up like the above screenshot in File Manager The artwork is there but doesn't seem to be attached to the song like the following ( only a few of my songs have the artwork attached ):

Album artwork not showing-album-art-correct.png
    02-19-14 02:29 PM
    Now that I see what your phone is doing, I do remember that happening to me once in the past after an update. The solution was to load a more advanced O.S. Installing a new O.S. version from an autoloader is really not that hard and there is detailed instructions on this web site for doing just that. Read the instructions on how to install a leak and give it a try. Just make sure you use the right file for your phone and you should have no problems. Once you are successful you will never look back and you can enjoy the features of the newer O.S. releases such as 10.2.1.1259 or 10.2.1.1925 or the newest, 10.2.1.2141. Of all out there, the last seems to work the best and it is the newest.
    Back your phone up with Link before you start. Remember, Link should always allow you to go back to the "Official Release" if it does not work well for you. Make sure that you are also using the most recent version of Link. Update Link before you back up your phone, if you are not using the most current release. If you do update to one of the more current O.S. releases, your music player problem should disappear.

Good luck.
    02-19-14 03:16 PM