I've been synching my Z10 with Outlook calendar and contacts no problem for last 4 months, then suddenly on 13th Feb 2014 it suddenly stopped working. BB Link grinds away for ages then finally comes up with error message saying 'failed to commit changes to device'. Is it a coincidence that BB Link updated its software to 1.2.3.23 on the same day?? Blackberry Help no help at all. Tried deleting BB Link Account on phone and doing one-way sync and no joy. Tried deleting and reinstalling BB Link - no joy. Desperate for solution...anyone? thanks
    02-19-14 09:14 AM
    Rev Al - I have exactly the same problem - have reloaded BBL and rest the mobile numerous times and still the same message, "failed to commit changes to device" - HELP!
    02-19-14 09:32 PM
    As I have already posted on another thread , for me the solution was
    1. Set sync to one way from computer to the phone and do not sync conflicts and disconnect phone
    2. Delete the link account, then
    3. Connect phone an perform the one way sync
    4. After that set the sync options as they were.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    02-19-14 10:24 PM
    Thanks for this - but what do mean by "Delete the link account"? - Does this mean Remove Device or omit Blackberry Link? Thanks again.
    02-20-14 03:15 AM
    QUOTE=akavbb As I have already posted on another thread , for me the solution was
    1. Set sync to one way from computer to the phone and do not sync conflicts and disconnect phone

Thanks for your solution akavbb. I just tried your solution. On syncing one way to device, there was no error message (hooray!) but only 17 calendar entries out of 1000 were transferred to phone (boo!). Then when I reset sync relationship to 2-way the same old 'failed to commit changes to device' error message reappeared after a grindingly slow 30 minute sync. Process seems to get stuck on 'matching records' and 'writing data to device' segments on progress bar. Grrrrr! Any new ideas?
    PS Tried factory reset of phone last night too (after back-up) but still no good.
    VideoFrog likes this.
    02-20-14 08:59 AM
    Thanks for this - but what do mean by "Delete the link account"? - Does this mean Remove Device or omit Blackberry Link? Thanks again.
    Settings-> accounts ->bblink

David 1965 and RMCCI like this.
    02-20-14 09:33 AM
    QUOTE=akavbb As I have already posted on another thread , for me the solution was

Thanks for your solution akavbb. I just tried your solution. On syncing one way to device, there was no error message (hooray!) but only 17 calendar entries out of 1000 were transferred to phone (boo!). Then when I reset sync relationship to 2-way the same old 'failed to commit changes to device' error message reappeared after a grindingly slow 30 minute sync. Process seems to get stuck on 'matching records' and 'writing data to device' segments on progress bar. Grrrrr! Any new ideas?
    PS Tried factory reset of phone last night too (after back-up) but still no good.
    I think that the problem lies in the 18 th calendar entry.
    Try to delete it from outlook, delete again the bblink account and do the process from the beginning.

02-20-14 09:35 AM
    I think that the problem lies in the 18 th calendar entry.
    Try to delete it from outlook, delete again the bblink account and do the process from the beginning.

Thanks for keeping up with this - much appreciated. So frustrating that Blackberry provide NO customer service line! How do I find the 18th entry? On the last sync attempt an hour or so ago it would appear the whole calendar transferred to the phone but I still got the message 'failed to commit changes to device'. Then when I did another sync just now, same again only this time no changes made in outlook were synced. It's driving me nuts!
    02-20-14 10:51 AM
    It is annoying. In this case maybe you should install the previous version of link.

02-20-14 04:16 PM
    It is annoying. In this case maybe you should install the previous version of link.

Thanks akavbb. How would I install and earlier version of Link when only the latest one is available on blackberry.com? Where will I find it? Many thanks
    02-20-14 04:22 PM
    Thanks akavbb. How would I install and earlier version of Link when only the latest one is available on blackberry.com? Where will I find it? Many thanks
    I still have the last three versions available. I'll see what I can do over the weekend. Sorry but I am really busy today. Maybe this afternoon the soonest.

02-20-14 10:20 PM
    Still need it?

02-22-14 03:17 AM
    Still need it?

@akavbb Yes please! Thanks.
    02-22-14 05:30 AM
    Ok then pm me. Do you have Dropbox? If yes send me your account name to share a folder with you.
    Do not send it here.

PM me.

Techno-Emigre and Rev Al like this.
    02-22-14 10:25 AM
    Thank goodness for the generosity of CB Nation. Not being able to easily sync with Outlook is the thing I get most angry about. It isn't a small thing for business people. A lot of us cannot use cloud services because of the nature of our data. It has been really hard on me, but I don't sync my precious Z10 any longer. I detest Link! BlackBerry, of all the companies in the world, should totally get it and make it a priority.

Posted via CB10 with "Z" best
    Rev Al and FF22 like this.
    02-22-14 11:49 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=904804

To unify the subject.

02-23-14 01:31 AM
    Thank you for this advice. I wasn't able to sync calendar or contacts either but after deleting the account on my Q10 and going back to Link for a sync retry, it worked great.
    02-25-14 09:13 PM
    Thank you for this advice. I wasn't able to sync calendar or contacts either but after deleting the account on my Q10 and going back to Link for a sync retry, it worked great.
    Glad you found a solution.

02-25-14 10:13 PM
    Ok then pm me. Do you have Dropbox? If yes send me your account name to share a folder with you.
    Do not send it here.

PM me.

Dear akavbb
    Thanks for the older version of Link - it worked! I now have a minor bizarre glitch - on the phone when I try to input a new calendar entry I get a message 'Selected calendar hidden' (referring to BB Link calendar) but that's overcome by selecting manually the correct calendar in the options each time. It's a bit of a pain, but it now synchs flawlessly and quickly once again which must prove there's some bug in the new 1.2.3.23 version. Why can't Blackberry get this most basic and necessary of tools for business right??!

Thanks again for your diligence and kind help. God bless you.

02-26-14 04:48 AM
    Unfortunately I haven't encountered such a problem so I cannot help you on that.
    I think it is now the time for BlackBerry to provide help by updating the software.

I am very glad that I was able to help you.

02-26-14 10:54 AM
    What account on Q10 did you delete - been trying for hours to sync calendar and contacts. Tried everything on here and other places. Just about ready to ditch the Q10. Loss of trackball from Bold and no 'real' button to end a call were disappointing but getting used to it despite fairly frequent finding touch screen has spasms of inactivity normally when at end of call I cannot activate the end call button.

However, lack of very simple sync with outlook is driving me mental. Any help would be very gratefully received. And Blackberry if you monitor this website please FFS sort this issue out now.

Sorry for rant any help welcome
    03-02-14 05:01 PM
    I just updated new BlackBerry OS on my Q10 and i've lost all email history in all accounts. Very frustrating. Not sure how to remedy. Help CB Nation?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 11:31 AM
    Unfortunately, the link you posted no longer points to 1.2.3.22 but the newest 1.2.3.2.3. Thanks anyhow. Hopefully they will release a fix soon! What a pain this is. Almost fed up between this and the double typing issue. Thanks anyhow.

Update--it just occurred to me that I first had this problem Friday with the .22 version on my desktop. I deleted it and loaded the newest .23 version of Link and the problem remains! Makes me think that it may be more than a bug!
    Last edited by go1ndr; 03-03-14 at 03:51 PM.
    03-03-14 03:30 PM
    I downloaded an earlier version of Link and then tried to sync, one at a time. Calendar did sync correctly but Contacts would not sync-period. Very frustrating to say the least. Trying to sync with Outlook 2007 and can't take a chance on deleting the BBLink account from the account settings in case it wouldn't sync back to the phone. I have over 1000 clients and friends in my contact folder so I can't take a chance on not having them on my phone, just in case it still wouldn't work. Not sure where to go from here!
    03-05-14 02:42 PM
    I downloaded an earlier version of Link and then tried to sync, one at a time. Calendar did sync correctly but Contacts would not sync-period. Very frustrating to say the least. Trying to sync with Outlook 2007 and can't take a chance on deleting the BBLink account from the account settings in case it wouldn't sync back to the phone. I have over 1000 clients and friends in my contact folder so I can't take a chance on not having them on my phone, just in case it still wouldn't work. Not sure where to go from here!
    There are some third party apps for backing up and restoring data like Contacts and Calendar. Firechest is one. Now you obviously might want to figure out a safe way to test if these would work for you. Others seems to successfully rely on syncing with online email accounts for contacts and calendar.
    FireChestApps likes this.
    03-05-14 04:13 PM
72 123