I sideloaded .2141 using Sachesi on Friday. No problems really until today. And I'm not sure at all what transpired...

Early this morning my Z10 randomly rebooted. I was playing music at the time on the stock music player.

A few hours later, while I had it charging in my car on a long 1.5 hour drive and playing music through Neutron music player and waiting on my stock music player to scan and load the 45gb worth of songs on my phone, it rebooted again.

And then again, again while I was playing music through Neutron and the stock player scanning, ..although this time when I touched the screen, the screen faded out and rebooted.

And then it rebooted again....

Throughout this drive it was also running kind of hot and not really charging but very slowly, as if it was gobbling energy....

And then, as if finally, at the end of the drive and when I took it off charge, and touched the screen, it faded and went black. And has never turned on again, no matter what I try.

I am waiting on a replacement.

Thought I would share this info for others to consider.

I wonder if the apparent death was due to my not doing a wipe and using the autoloader? Did .2141 really have anything to do with it?? I am boggled as to if and how the music players and/or charger had anything to do with it?

Thoughts?

Oh, and does anyone know of a way to bring it back to life?!
    02-18-14 09:48 PM
    Plug it into link and try a restore.

Posted on my Z30/ 10.2.1.2141
    02-18-14 10:10 PM
    Plug it into link and try a restore.

Posted on my Z30/ 10.2.1.2141
    Of course I tried that -- no device is detected.
    02-18-14 10:28 PM
    Well when you plug in hold down the power button or try an auto loader if it doesn't detect it either hold the power button down.

Posted on my z30 from the best app CB10
    02-18-14 10:45 PM
    I used a generic car charger, had random reboots. Switched to a BlackBerry charger, no problems since. Others people have said in various threads, do not use a generic car charger.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    02-18-14 11:00 PM
    my wife z10 was dead too because car charger.
    but she got replacement.
    now better use power bank, dont use car charger.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    02-18-14 11:04 PM
    not due to 2141 either your z10 had a glitch or the charger killed it. its probably not dead though as everyone thinks because it looks like its bricked that its completely dead. in almost all cases there is a way to return it back to life. a complete wipe and then restore from link. it might be a battery issue as well which happens and is quite common. The z10 battery has been a bit of a problem from the beginning but mine with the upgrade to 2141 seems fine and battery life is okay. Dont think the worst as it might be a simple fix.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    02-18-14 11:07 PM
    Pull out battery. Plug in USB. Start autoloader. Put battery back in when process starts
    02-19-14 12:49 AM
    Just wanna share..

Never and I can say it can... never ever use car chargers.. it's Ok When u are driving at a constant pace!!.. but when u start to excessively reff the car... that's when unwanted power surges.. that might cause your battery to fry or decrease it's power.. that's from my experience

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 01:43 AM
    Just wanna share..

Never and I can say it can... never ever use car chargers.. it's Ok When u are driving at a constant pace!!.. but when u start to excessively reff the car... that's when unwanted power surges.. that might cause your battery to fry or decrease it's power.. that's from my experience

Posted via CB10
    Lol what kind of car do you drive that needs to be excessively revved and has power surges? I wonder what your house would do to a phone.

Cars are DC voltage, which means it's regulated not to pass a certain amount. If you are experiencing power surges more than just your phone would be damaged. As most people stated above, just avoid cheap chargers.

Posted via telegraph
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    02-19-14 05:05 AM
    I have had my z10 plugged into the audio jack of my friend's Silverado and a charger at the same time. There is a noticeable tone due to the charging. When accelerating, there is an increase in noise that rises and falls with the engine. The 12v DC is approximate, not exact. It can spike which can harm electronics.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 06:20 AM
    I use a BlackBerry car charger quite often, every time I drive my Z10 is plugged to it. Have not experienced any problems with it.

I once had a very cheap Motorola charger --before I bought the expensive BlackBerry one-- and it did cause some problems affecting my Z10's health (it went down to 15%). That's when I bought a spare battery for my device and the BlackBerry car charger.

I got my 1st battery health to improve --albeit slowly, over a 2-week period-- following advice given on a thread in CB forums, but it never got back to its original health status, and has remained since within a 70% - 75% range.

All this (...sorry for the long post) to say that:
    (a) car chargers are OK if they are original BlackBerry ones, compatible with BB10 devices' power specs.
    (b) buying a spare battery is advisable as insurance in case something goes wrong with the original battery, and it always comes in handy when the other battery has been depleted before day's end, as that is a common downside of Z10 devices.
    (c) to maintain a good battery health, it's best to never let it get lower than 10% power.

As regards to the OP's problem, it seems to be battery-related and not OS related. I suggest taking the device to the carrier store to have it checked, and also consider purchasing a new battery if a damaged one is the cause of the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SubmarinerOne; 02-19-14 at 06:54 AM.
    02-19-14 06:35 AM
    Rev I mean if u suddenly pick up acceleration zzz no harm whatsoever

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 09:12 AM
    Don't use third party chargers. Just the ones to be officially supported.

The Z10 for example can get a serious hardware damage over time if you charge it with the playbook charger for example.
    02-19-14 09:14 AM
    Don't use 12v car "adapters". Use the "BlackBerry Premium Car Charger" only. It is available on Amazon for less than $20. I have purchased five of them for myself and friends. They have a regulated charging circuit and can charge your Blackberry Playbook also.

Trusted Member Genius
    02-19-14 09:22 AM
    I used a generic car charger, had random reboots. Switched to a BlackBerry charger, no problems since. Others people have said in various threads, do not use a generic car charger.

Posted via CB10
    This.

I can confirm this is as accurate as water is H2O.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 08:34 PM
    Don't use third party chargers. Just the ones to be officially supported.

The Z10 for example can get a serious hardware damage over time if you charge it with the playbook charger for example.
    Not true in my experience(PB charger). However 3rd party generic charger did.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 08:36 PM
    All: I used a Blackberry car charger. Never had any issues before. Just so happened this was the first time I charged it on my car charger after updating to 2141. Maybe just a coincidence? I dunno...

And running an autoloader is not working as, well, apparently my device is not detected at all. When I plug in usb, run autoloader of an os, put in (good, full) battery, the command line just says "connecting to bootrum." And never anything beyond that. Note, however, before I put the battery in, the led on the Z10 blinks a constant red. I.e. when I put the battery in, the red light stops. And after 10 minutes, still "connecting to bootrum"

?
    02-19-14 09:48 PM
    I have had my z10 plugged into the audio jack of my friend's Silverado and a charger at the same time. There is a noticeable tone due to the charging. When accelerating, there is an increase in noise that rises and falls with the engine. The 12v DC is approximate, not exact. It can spike which can harm electronics.

Posted via CB10
    There is a ground problem in your friends Silverado

STL-4. 10.2.1.2141 w/ 1259 clock
    02-19-14 11:31 PM
    I use a BlackBerry car charger quite often, every time I drive my Z10 is plugged to it. Have not experienced any problems with it.

I once had a very cheap Motorola charger --before I bought the expensive BlackBerry one-- and it did cause some problems affecting my Z10's health (it went down to 15%). That's when I bought a spare battery for my device and the BlackBerry car charger.

I got my 1st battery health to improve --albeit slowly, over a 2-week period-- following advice given on a thread in CB forums, but it never got back to its original health status, and has remained since within a 70% - 75% range.

All this (...sorry for the long post) to say that:
    (a) car chargers are OK if they are original BlackBerry ones, compatible with BB10 devices' power specs.
    (b) buying a spare battery is advisable as insurance in case something goes wrong with the original battery, and it always comes in handy when the other battery has been depleted before day's end, as that is a common downside of Z10 devices.
    (c) to maintain a good battery health, it's best to never let it get lower than 10% power.

As regards to the OP's problem, it seems to be battery-related and not OS related. I suggest taking the device to the carrier store to have it checked, and also consider purchasing a new battery if a damaged one is the cause of the problem.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry chargers have a chip in them to regulate charge.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 11:44 PM
    I sideloaded .2141 using Sachesi on Friday. No problems really until today. And I'm not sure at all what transpired...

Early this morning my Z10 randomly rebooted. I was playing music at the time on the stock music player.

A few hours later, while I had it charging in my car on a long 1.5 hour drive and playing music through Neutron music player and waiting on my stock music player to scan and load the 45gb worth of songs on my phone, it rebooted again.

And then again, again while I was playing music through Neutron and the stock player scanning, ..although this time when I touched the screen, the screen faded out and rebooted.

And then it rebooted again....

Throughout this drive it was also running kind of hot and not really charging but very slowly, as if it was gobbling energy....

And then, as if finally, at the end of the drive and when I took it off charge, and touched the screen, it faded and went black. And has never turned on again, no matter what I try.

I am waiting on a replacement.

Thought I would share this info for others to consider.

I wonder if the apparent death was due to my not doing a wipe and using the autoloader? Did .2141 really have anything to do with it?? I am boggled as to if and how the music players and/or charger had anything to do with it?

Thoughts?

Oh, and does anyone know of a way to bring it back to life?!
    Change your charger!!I recommend a new one! Like I did. I had the same problem! And leave it charging after an hour and if it doesn't boot up it surely will connect to the pc! And when it does, flash the 10.2.1 on it and will boot up again and as good as new!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 02:05 PM
    I starts having reboot problems for the first time on my z10 with the previous leak.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 02:50 PM