There may be another thread on this but I swear I looked through dozens with no luck.

I just got a new Z10 today (I've had one since June but it was acting up so I got a replacement). My Dell Studio cannot install the driver. I've tried everything - rebooting the laptop, the phone, uninstalling Link and reinstalling it, going through the Device Manager, putting it on airplane mode, shutting off my antivirus, my firewall. I'm freakin hopeless at this point. I NEED HELP DESPERATELY. It's already bad enough I went through a major OS downgrade (my old Z10 ran 10.2.1), but I have no information or pictures on my phone until this gets fixed
    02-18-14 09:20 PM
    Have you tried this:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

And the first step links to a "clean uninstall" article. Since you had a Z10 with a newer OS, it probably loaded a newer driver that is conflicting with what your "new" (but older) Z10 is asking for.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 09:32 PM
    There may be another thread on this but I swear I looked through dozens with no luck.

I just got a new Z10 today (I've had one since June but it was acting up so I got a replacement). My Dell Studio cannot install the driver. I've tried everything - rebooting the laptop, the phone, uninstalling Link and reinstalling it, going through the Device Manager, putting it on airplane mode, shutting off my antivirus, my firewall. I'm freakin hopeless at this point. I NEED HELP DESPERATELY. It's already bad enough I went through a major OS downgrade (my old Z10 ran 10.2.1), but I have no information or pictures on my phone until this gets fixed
    Drivers come with Blackberry Link.

01. On the PC create a restore point.

02. Uninstall all BlackBerry software / applications from your PC.

03. Reboot.

04. Run Ccleaner Download CCleaner 4.10.4570 - FileHippo.com several times if necessary until nil result.

05. Within Ccleaner run Registry several times if necessary until nil result (say yes to backup).

06. Reboot

07. Install latest version of Blackberry Link BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - Australia

For your Z10

08. Create a backup

09. Do a factory reset

10. Reboot

11. Open BlackBerry Link and update your Z10

12. If the update doesn't give you the update you're after then use Sachesi to do it http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/

Allocate at least a couple of hours if not more, so plan it and be patient.
    02-18-14 09:42 PM
    If I delete Link "cleanly", wouldn't it remove my back up from my old Z10? I don't want to lose all of that.
    02-18-14 09:45 PM
    ????

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 08:43 AM
    I don't think your backup will be removed - that is saved separately. But if you can find the file, you can either copy it elsewhere or move it.
    02-19-14 09:28 AM
    Can someone please reassure me that if I cleanly delete Link, that it won't delete my backups?
    02-19-14 10:59 PM
    When u delete link, it will ask you if you want to keep or delete user files. Select option that you want to save user files. Or back up phone, find the backup, it's a zip file with the date as the file. Somehow my default save option is to my desktop. Save the zip file to USB drive, or any cloud storage option. This will give peace of mind when you delete link.

My link never auto updates, so this what I do when I install a new BlackBerry Link. Adds maybe ten minutes to overall process. When/if I need to restore from backup, select file under restore menu. Just have to search for correct folder.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 11:07 PM
    When u delete link, it will ask you if you want to keep or delete user files. Select option that you want to save user files. Or back up phone, find the backup, it's a zip file with the date as the file. Somehow my default save option is to my desktop. Save the zip file to USB drive, or any cloud storage option. This will give peace of mind when you delete link.

My link never auto updates, so this what I do when I install a new BlackBerry Link. Adds maybe ten minutes to overall process. When/if I need to restore from backup, select file under restore menu. Just have to search for correct folder.

Posted via CB10
    My problem is I backed up the phone two days ago and I don't have the phone anymore. And in order for my PC to recognize my phone, I need to cleanly install Link. But I cannot do that until I know that my backup is safe. I don't know where Link usually saves to.
    02-19-14 11:13 PM
    My problem is I backed up the phone two days ago and I don't have the phone anymore. And in order for my PC to recognize my phone, I need to cleanly install Link. But I cannot do that until I know that my backup is safe. I don't know where Link usually saves to.
    I think it's under your Documents folder. Either Documents\BlackBerry or Documents\Devicename, wherever there's some .bbb files.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 12:26 AM