I'm looking to get a Smartwatch but don't really know which one works well with a z10? I'm really liking the pebble steel but don't know if my local best buy sells it yet..for those that have a Smartwatch already which works well..

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 01:51 PM
    I'm using my Pebble with my Z10 on 10.2.1. with the Talk2Watch app. Everything works good except it's not notifying me of text messages for some reason. There's lots of features so I might have missed something. Talk2Watch is actually better than the Pebble app for IOS.
    If you don't have 10.2 there is another app that works with 10.1. Just search for Pebble in Blackberry World.

I'm looking to get a Smartwatch but don't really know which one works well with a z10? I'm really liking the pebble steel but don't know if my local best buy sells it yet..for those that have a Smartwatch already which works well..

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 02:09 PM
    I have the newest os. I was thinking of getting the pebble but I find it to plastic looking for my taste, doing get me wrong the pebble is nice and all, but I just had bad experience in the past with plastic bands etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 02:31 PM
    I like the idea but I don't wear a watch. The one I do use on rare occasions has an Altimeter and Barometer in it and also a heart rate monitor but I have not used that last function in years.
    02-18-14 03:23 PM
    If you have the money then get the Pebble Steel... or you can get the cheaper version for less money

Then you download the Talk2Watch app and enjoy BB10 Smart watch Companionship!!

I don't have one... yet!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 06:22 PM
    I plan to get the pebble steel, just going to wait a bit till the stock isn't low and an update or two come out for it ( if any).
    02-18-14 09:14 PM
    Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a pebble and I'm kinda leaning towards the steel because of the led for notifications (and to an extent, charging, but more so notifications). Is it really worth the extra $100 for the notification led?

I don't mind the watch band of the original Pebble, but the LED seems like it's a useful feature.

What do you guys think, does the LED make a big difference for you?

And I'm assuming it's easy to download new watch faces with the sideloaded android app.

Thx

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ev44; 02-23-14 at 02:29 AM.
    02-23-14 02:10 AM
    I will let you know how it is when I get my pebble steel it's processing right now and the extra 100 is well worth it as the steel doesn't look so child like and looks like a watch that goes good no matter what you wear.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 09:25 AM
    This is the second day since I received my Pebble. The watch cooperates great with BB10 using Talk to Watch 3d party application found in BlackBerry World. Notifications in form of email, phonecalls no ID, twitter, sms and Facebook chat messages come fast and I love the watch vibrating kindly on my wrist. There is no support so far for Greek characters. Two things are to be taken in consideration. First my Z10 battery drains quickly due to Bluetooth always on and by early afternoon will probably need some plugging in for top up. Second is the actual price of a regular Pebble which for EU comes to 150$ plus VAT for getting it through Customs plus DHL shipping plus DHL handling costs plus expert help for paperwork in customs sums up to a total of 288$!!!! Apart from these I enjoy the watch since I needed a new one. I will be waiting forward for the next update for BBM support.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 11:41 AM
    What about the Sony Smartwatch 2? Does that one work with Z10? I want a smartwatch 2 because it only costs 99 pounds and it looks better than the pebble. Its also touchscreen which is nice.
    03-26-14 09:29 AM