Hi all

I have a Z10 battery pack and whilst the pack with additional battery charges up fine (green light on pack) - when I plug it into the Z10 by itself it doesn't seem to charge the phone.

If however I continue to charge the pack whilst also connecting to the Z10 it does charge the phone.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 07:50 AM
    Hi all

I have a Z10 battery pack and whilst the pack with additional battery charges up fine (green light on pack) - when I plug it into the Z10 by itself it doesn't seem to charge the phone.

If however I continue to charge the pack whilst also connecting to the Z10 it does charge the phone.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    It's not meant to be a stand alone charger. It's a spare battery with an option to charge the phone while charging the battery. You don't plug it into the phone to charge the phone. You swap the batteries.
    02-18-14 09:30 AM
    uh, that's exactly what you're meant to do. You don't swap the batteries, you charge battery to battery.

But it sounds like OPs is just broken.
    byrdbrained likes this.
    02-18-14 09:45 AM
    It can only charge the phone if it itself is being charged, It's not a stand alone charger.
    02-18-14 09:57 AM
    Thanks mediadavid - just can't work out why it does charge the phone when the actual pack is plugged in to the mains.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 09:58 AM
    This is what I believe it is supposed to do -

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 10:03 AM
    Hi all

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    You have to push the button on the charger if you want it to dump its charge into your phone. Connect the charger to the phone while the charger is not being charged itself. Then push the button - your phone should show the charging symbol by the battery now.
    02-18-14 10:15 AM
    It can only charge the phone if it itself is being charged, It's not a stand alone charger.
    This is not true actually. Push the button on the unit and it's a stand alone charger.
    02-18-14 10:16 AM
    No it does not charge the internal battery. It's using the external battery as an additional power source.
    02-18-14 10:21 AM
    Ah - I think the button may be broken!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 10:25 AM
    I've never needed to push the button to 'dump the charge' from the charger pack to the phone when connected with the pack's little cable... The phone just shows the charging symbol like it's supposed to and the button blinks to show discharging into the phone.

mkelley65 is correct and incorrect I believe. It is not a stand-alone charger, correct, as it only provides a charge for what the inserted battery itself has available, but it does not need to be plugged in to provide said charge to the phone. That would defeat the purpose of allowing it to plug into the phone by itself. It's meant for emergencies, more or less, to provide a boost when the phone is low and you don't have any wall sockets to plug your phone into.

That being said, it typically works best to keep the inserted battery charged full and then swap batteries when the phone is low as the reboot cycle on the phone is shorter than plugging the battery pack in and waiting for the charges to transfer.
    02-18-14 10:37 AM
    No it does not charge the internal battery. It's using the external battery as an additional power source.
    I can say with absolute certainty that you are incorrect my friend. I had this external battery pack for my Z10. I had a case on the phone, so instead of swapping the battery, I would dump the charge into my existing battery to avoid taking the case off all the time.Take a look at Kevin's post here (5th paragraph) The Battery Charger Bundle is the must-have accessory for BlackBerry Z10 owners | CrackBerry.com
    02-18-14 08:05 PM
    mkelley65 is correct and incorrect I believe. It is not a stand-alone charger, correct, as it only provides a charge for what the inserted battery itself has available, but it does not need to be plugged in to provide said charge to the phone. That would defeat the purpose of allowing it to plug into the phone by itself. It's meant for emergencies, more or less, to provide a boost when the phone is low and you don't have any wall sockets to plug your phone into.

That being said, it typically works best to keep the inserted battery charged full and then swap batteries when the phone is low as the reboot cycle on the phone is shorter than plugging the battery pack in and waiting for the charges to transfer.
    This is almost correct too. Again, see Kevin's post (in the 5th paragraph) here: The Battery Charger Bundle is the must-have accessory for BlackBerry Z10 owners | CrackBerry.com
    02-18-14 08:08 PM
    Ah - I think the button may be broken!
    This is definitely possible - you should be able to charge your Z10 by pushing the button.
    02-18-14 08:13 PM
    By way of an update - I ordered a new charger pack and it works just fine and charges my Z10 by itself. I can only assume there is a problem with the little connector on the 1st charger pack.
    No buttons need pressing either - just plug in and charge!.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 01:27 PM
    Annoyingly since the recent update, the charger icon comes on for about 10 seconds when the battery pack (fully charged) is plugged in and then goes off again.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 02:35 AM
    Can anyone who has a working battery pack just confirm the following for me:

The spare battery (fully charged) in the bundle pack should be able to be connected to the Z10 independently and provide some charge to the Z10 battery regardless of the current Z10 battery level (obviously excluding 100%).

As per previous post, mine seems to charge for about 10 seconds then stops.

Any advice greatly received.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 04:27 AM
    Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 06:07 PM
    Do you have any problems using other battery and/or wall chargers?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 06:51 PM
    Thankfully not - phone and spare will charge fine with a variety of chargers.
    I even swapped the batteries around and the spare was charged.
    I know I could do this normally but I have a case on my Z10 and it is a pain.

Really frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 05:07 AM
    Could it be that I have a non BlackBerry branded charger pack which doesn't work properly. Seems strange as I have 2 but maybe I have paid the price for going cheaper.

Can anyone with a working pack where the spare battery charges their Z10 confirm that it is an official product with the BB logo.

Any other thoughts appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 04:43 PM
    Looks like you got another bunk charger mate!

I'm just testing mine now and the charge stays on for more than 10s.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 04:58 PM
    Up 10% in 10 mins!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 05:08 PM
    Anybody have problem in Z10 battery charging..?? My Z10 is fully charged but it shows 90% charge on battery icon.. this problem is shown in last 3-4 days... i am having Z10 - STL100-1... PLZ guide and help...

Posted via My Z10 - STL100-1
    04-04-14 08:53 PM
    Wrong topic, try a search as that topic has been discussed before

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 11:44 PM
31 12