Seriously...am I missing out?

Not a single.person I know has BBM or a blackberry.

Am I missing out on a good feature?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 12:37 AM
    Sure but if you have no one to BBM then clearly it's not a 'good' feature for you. It's a useless one.
    02-17-14 12:39 AM
    Yeah. It sucks. I LOVE BB....had a 9900, now my Z10.

No one else in my circles had a BB, and there is no "chat" sites to meet people...

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 12:42 AM
    Yeah. It sucks. I LOVE BB....had a 9900, now my Z10.

No one else in my circles had a BB, and there is no "chat" sites to meet people...

Posted via CB10
    No sites to meet people? This place is even riddled with gay/bi men!

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    02-17-14 12:54 AM
    Lolol....im not that "type".

Lmao

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 01:01 AM
    Well then maybe you should invite your friends to be on BBM I'm sure you have Some friends using iPhone or some Android phone. They can download BBM & experience how nice it is.

The BBM voice is clearer than the normal phone calls I can make on my network, provided in in wifi.

Posted via CB10
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    07-12-14 06:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    I know what you're saying, and yes, BBM is a great chat feature when you get it going, but if you don't have the BBM contacts you won't know,
    Asking/hasling your friends to get BBM is not the answer, some take great pride in saying "I wouldn't download that crap onto my iphone" Oh well, their loss.
    BlackBerry could do more, I would love to see a "real time chat room " for BBM (channels is not what I mean)
    There was in BBOS a Chatroom that you logged in with your pin and was quite good, privacy was good and you could then add them to your BBM for private chat,
    Can't remember what it was called but it's not available for bb10,
    Like I say BBM is great, I have about 15 contacts and love using it, but you need the participants
    Sorry for the long post but I wish BlackBerry would put the spark back into BBM.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 07:01 AM
    even though I know several people with BB (my husband included) I don't use BBM, just use text instead.
    07-12-14 07:07 AM
    That's too bad. I have 65 contacts and 5 Groups and bbm works really really well out for me and my contacts. Most are have BlackBerry devices (I'm in Canada) and a few are on iphones and Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    KemKev likes this.
    07-12-14 07:07 AM
    Same here! I never got a personal BBM message except for the group updates that I really don't like so I decided to leave the group. Now my BBM turns into introvert mode.
    07-12-14 07:08 AM

Posted via CB10

That's sad

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 07:29 AM
    BlackBerry isn't as popular as it used to be (unfortunately) so for some people they don't have any contacts. I'm lucky I've got about 23 contacts. And I'm active on some BBM channels.
    You could do that? Get involved in some BBM channels. It's not exactly the same as messaging one person directly but you'll get to use it and there's a chance of meeting people to add that way.

Posted via CB10 I <3 BBQ C002F5B02
    07-12-14 08:21 AM
    If you have Whatsapp, you don't miss anything. Same concept.

I prefer Whatsapp. Works better cross-platform. And the BlackBerry 10 Whatsapp app is the best app in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    Blomsternisse likes this.
    07-12-14 09:00 AM
    I don't agree, BBM is much better,
    It's the detail that counts,
    Things like show what I'm listening to, so cool and an I've breaker as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 09:55 AM
    I have whatsapp and BBM, for me BBM is far better even on cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 10:50 AM
    Most people have unlimited text these days whereas BBM and even what's app consume data (albeit minuscule amounts) like my son who has an iPhone says, "dad just text me so I don't have to use my data" bit I like the D and R so I know my child has at. least read the message.

But he makes a valid point. If texting is free on most plans these days, why would ppl want to use data based messenger services, especially given the high wireless rates we pay in Canada.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    07-12-14 11:32 AM
    Most people have unlimited text these days whereas BBM and even what's app consume data (albeit minuscule amounts) like my son who has an iPhone says, "dad just text me so I don't have to use my data" bit I like the D and R so I know my child has at. least read the message.

But he makes a valid point. If texting is free on most plans these days, why would ppl want to use data based messenger services, especially given the high wireless rates we pay in Canada.

Because different countries have different plans. Even sending sms uses up data

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 01:40 PM
    All of my friends have BBM now, even the ones who are not on BlackBerry and that's the main IM I use

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 02:19 PM
    In my part of the world, whatsapp is the main deal. The only other friend who has a BlackBerry is one whose gf hails from jakarta.

In any case, the Q10 is pretty cool and all for me

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 02:35 PM
    Half the people on my list aren't even activated bbm contacts anymore.
    07-12-14 02:52 PM
    I prefer BBM over text, but I text more:/ I don't feel the need to harass my friends. I think once video calling goes cross-platform then it will really take off. Face time is only for Apple products. I don't even know what Android natively for video calls. For now just make some friends that don't live in your country, then you'll use it.

Posted via tin can telephone
    07-12-14 03:00 PM
    I love BBM and even though I don't have many individual contacts, I am in a couple of groups and I have allot of fun with my BBM groups.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T-Mobile USA
    07-12-14 05:54 PM
    I hardly ever, pretty much never use BBM! But That said, this guy must have no friends. I didn't read the OP so sorry if there is some better reason for this

Q10, Q5, Z30... Damn I love leaks too much!
    07-12-14 06:05 PM

Unless you have an absolutely tiny data plan BBM isn't going to make much of an impact. My 48-hour usage for cellular is less than a megabyte, and Wi-Fi also less than a megabyte.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 07:26 PM
    Have both...use both. No strong preference for one over the other...it's all good.

Bob

Posted With One Of My Unlocked BlackBerries>Q10-SQN100-5/10.2.1.2977>Z10- STL100-3/10.2.1.2977 On AT&T
    07-12-14 08:04 PM
61 123