I just recently updated my phone, and since the update I have been unable to access my voicemail. Every time I click the voicemail icon, a pop up appears asking me to enter my voicemail number. (I don't have visual voicemail, just the regular) I called my service provider (BELL) to see if they would be able to help me. After going back and forth with the tech support for over an hour, I was told to back up my phone and reset it to factory settings. I have done this. I tried to access the voicemail again and I am still getting the same error. Now even worse, I tried to restore my phone from the backup and it's not working. I will now have to manually go in and input all my previous settings.

Is there anyone who might be able to shed some light on the situation?
    02-16-14 11:34 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Don't you just have to call your own mobile number and enter the setup that way?
    02-16-14 11:50 PM
    Hello! Thanks for your welcome and response! I did call my own number and get the voicemail set up, thanks for the tip. (shocked Bell tech support didn't let me know to do this) However, I am still getting the same issue when I go to check the voicemail. I press the voicemail icon and the same pop up is coming up. I entered the voicemail number that the support tech at bell gave me, but the pop up shows up again. I also turned off my phone and took the battery out. The issue remains.
    02-17-14 12:19 AM
    02-17-14 12:29 AM
    Thanks for the link, but it's not my voicemail password I'm having issues with. It's accessing my voicemail from the voicemail icon on my device. When I press the voicemail icon, it is asking me to enter my voicemail number. It won't call out to my voicemail. Instead I am getting this popup.
    Attached Thumbnails Bell - enter voicemail number-img_20140216_233210.png  
    02-17-14 12:37 AM
    I have the same issue- just started today. My phone is for work and I really need to get into my voice mail...
    04-05-14 04:14 PM
    I am on bell having the same issue. You just have to dial your own number with area code but do not type it in that box that pops up. Just actually call your self in the regular phone screen and it will take you to voice-mail.
    05-22-14 08:29 PM
    Wow! I hate Bell! That's why I switched to Telus

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    05-22-14 08:37 PM
    try this number: +16473832355

Source: Howard Forums - Bell Voicemail Access Numbers? Question Inside

weird though. i'm on rogers and the voicemail number loads automatically on my phone. even after loading the 10.3 leak
    05-22-14 09:14 PM
    I would try a different person at Bell, it is a programming issue not a blackberry issue.
    05-22-14 09:58 PM
    Goto to the phone app. Swipe from the top to enter the settings. Select voicemail from the menu.
    Make sure the access number is 16473832355. If not then change it to that number. Save the settings
    Go to the dialer and press the voicemail button. It should now go straight to your voicemail box.
    If not then you can also try entering the above number as the speeddial under a position 1

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 07:51 AM
    Thanks for the link, but it's not my voicemail password I'm having issues with. It's accessing my voicemail from the voicemail icon on my device. When I press the voicemail icon, it is asking me to enter my voicemail number. It won't call out to my voicemail. Instead I am getting this popup.
    I have been getting this same notification on my Q10 (with Bell Canada - which says I have a new voicemail, when I try to access my voicemail as I do most days, I get an 'Enter voicemail number' exactly the same as your popup - this isn't something I have ever had to do previously and it does not accept or save any number tried, so I cannot get passed that screen to listen to the voicemail or to return the call.

Update: I finally got through to Bell Customer Service/Technical Support - after 21 minutes of being misunderstood by the CSR she had me call my cell from my landline, change my ***password*** and then again call my cell from my landline. I went through all the password change and the voicemail access and pick-up options and... there were no messages to pick up! When I explained this to the CSR she said she would have to look into why Bell was sending error messages but could offer no explanation and I suppose an apology was way to much to expect!

***The CSR generated a temporary password - which she says is based on my telephone number but which bears no resemblance to it whatsoever (despite what other posts may say) so you will need to call Bell support and have them do that - you can't do it under the self-service options because you need to be able to log in to get there...

Big shout out thank you to Bell (Canada) for 6 days of nonsense and another password to remember!
    06-10-14 10:50 AM
    I have been getting this same notification on my Q10 (with Bell Canada - which says I have a new voicemail, when I try to access my voicemail as I do most days, I get an 'Enter voicemail number' exactly the same as your popup - this isn't something I have ever had to do previously and it does not accept or save any number tried, so I cannot get passed that screen to listen to the voicemail or to return the call.

Update: I finally got through to Bell Customer Service/Technical Support - after 21 minutes of being misunderstood by the CSR she had me call my cell from my landline, change my ***password*** and then again call my cell from my landline. I went through all the password change and the voicemail access and pick-up options and... there were no messages to pick up! When I explained this to the CSR she said she would have to look into why Bell was sending error messages but could offer no explanation and I suppose an apology was way to much to expect!

***The CSR generated a temporary password - which she says is based on my telephone number but which bears no resemblance to it whatsoever (despite what other posts may say) so you will need to call Bell support and have them do that - you can't do it under the self-service options because you need to be able to log in to get there...

Big shout out thank you to Bell (Canada) for 6 days of nonsense and another password to remember!
    I'm starting having exactly the same problem 2 weeks ago with Bell when I travelled to another time zone, and it stayed with me when I returned home.

Sorry I didn't catch exactly what you tried to explain. What was the fix for the voicemail popup? I've tried the 16473832355 and my own number, but they're always rejected.

Q10 ? The Other Crackberry Pirate ? Z30
    07-16-14 10:16 PM
    I'm starting having exactly the same problem 2 weeks ago with Bell when I travelled to another time zone, and it stayed with me when I returned home.

Sorry I didn't catch exactly what you tried to explain. What was the fix for the voicemail popup? I've tried the 16473832355 and my own number, but they're always rejected.

The 647 number should be right. That's what I got. Make sure you save it.

The sim card from Bell should provide the proper settings.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 10:22 PM
    The 647 number should be right. That's what I got. Make sure you save it.

The sim card from Bell should provide the proper settings.

Posted via CB10
    Suddenly, after 2 weeks, it started working working again. Ten minutes ago it was not. Perhaps Bell has been creeping our Crackberry posts :-P

07-16-14 10:45 PM
    I spent a lot of time with Bell and then the BB support line, and the conclusion was that I would need to do a factory reset on the phone and then set up my voice mail with Bell again after the reset. I have done factory resets before (and restored my files from backup!) and this tends to be a solution for many issues. However, I did not proceed as the voice mail icon is merely a convenience, and dialing my own number works fine to reach voice mail.
    11-17-14 06:39 AM