I'd like to be able to record my (barbershop) quartet at rehearsals and email the recording to the other 3 guys. So I would want good audio quality. Does anyone know of such an app?
    Also, I've seen pitch pipes and flashlights on other phones - Android and Apple. Would someone recommend an app that they like? It seems there are several flashlight apps to choose from; have no idea which to choose. Thanks! Bill
    02-16-14 08:57 PM
    I don't know of an app that would use the microphone better than native. You'd have a built in flashlight if you upgraded to 10.2.1.2102 via Sachesi. I'd upload to Dropbox/Box, and share the link.

Edit - You'll also be able to run Snap, and install those android apps you're looking for.
    02-16-14 09:33 PM
    1) 10.2.1 has a built in flashlight app.
    2) For recording I purchased RecForge II Pro on Amazon.com and installed it from the Amazon App Store. (I spent some time looking for a good recorder, RecForge II Pro has an adjustable gain which is very important for this. I believe it can also connect to a mic.
    3) I'm sure there are many tuners/pipes, but I don't have any installed at the moment.

Hope this helps.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-16-14 09:41 PM
    By "native", you mean the capability that the phone came with, I assume. I may look into "RecForge II Pro" that Labyrinth9 recommends below.
    Regarding 10.2.1, why wasn't that sent to me as a "notification"? I'm not at all familiar with Sachesi - I'm really a very basic phone user.
    In any case, thank you for the help - I'll try to get 10.2.1 downloaded.
    02-16-14 10:20 PM
    I can see where using a mic would be a huge advantage.

Here's a good tutorial. Use Z10 instead of Q:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...achesi-906239/

Grab Sachesi here.
    02-16-14 10:35 PM
    Pitch? lot's of piano apps. Want to test your pitch look for Chromatic Tuner or other tuners.
    Recorder? I use Parrot and Beyond Voice (adjustable gain).
    RecForge II is on BBWorld for sale. It's a beta and may have bugs.
    Flashlight? Lot's of multipurpose apps with flashlights.
    02-17-14 07:52 AM
    So, starting with the flashlight apps.... there are many so I was hoping for a recommendation from someone who likes what they use. (The Sachesi approach is beyond my limits of engagement with my phone!)
    I will check out the RecForge II.
    As far as a "pitch pipe" goes, I've seen some tuning apps. I really just want to hear a note .... a C# or perhaps a Gb... that's all. It would look like a compass with letters on it. You touch one and that note plays.
    Thanks all!
    02-17-14 08:39 AM
    I used to use BeFlashlight 10 as my app. Simple, clean interface, free, and little to no ads.
    BBbari likes this.
    02-17-14 08:48 AM
    Night Ports has flashlight plus a lot of other bonus feature!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 08:59 AM
    BeFlashlight 10! Got it! Love it!
    Thanks Mirza - just what I was asking for. Bill
    02-17-14 10:18 AM
    As indicated early, the latest OS has a Flashlight which can be added (or was already) in the Quick Menu when you swipe Down from the home page or icon pages.
    02-17-14 10:37 AM
    Pitch? lot's of piano apps. Want to test your pitch look for Chromatic Tuner or other tuners.
    Recorder? I use Parrot and Beyond Voice (adjustable gain).
    RecForge II is on BBWorld for sale. It's a beta and may have bugs.
    Flashlight? Lot's of multipurpose apps with flashlights.
    The RecForge II in BlackBerry World has MANY bugs. The android version is much better.

Posted via CB10
    Boight likes this.
    02-17-14 02:27 PM
    I'd like to be able to record my (barbershop) quartet at rehearsals and email the recording to the other 3 guys. So I would want good audio quality. Does anyone know of such an app?
    Also, I've seen pitch pipes and flashlights on other phones - Android and Apple. Would someone recommend an app that they like? It seems there are several flashlight apps to choose from; have no idea which to choose. Thanks! Bill
    I'm also in a Barbershop Quartet and I use the following apps on my Z10, STL100-3.

Recording, Parrot, BlackBerry App World

Pitch Pipe, Pitch Pipe Pro, Android
    I've side loaded the bar file on earlier OS versions but on 10.2.1.1925 & 10.2.1.2125 I use Snap to download and install directly.

Flash Light, on 10.2.1.1925 and above its native.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 03:57 PM